Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

"

Old May 8, 2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Default Can Stretch Aspect Ratio be a performance increase over Center?

I've been reading posts that a stretched aspect ration can provide some sort of performance boost over a center aspect ratio. The best way to test this is to use 3Dmark 11 which (after an update) offers those features.

Suggestion:
I would also use the drivers to match the aspect ratio of 3D11. When running 3D11 a second time exit out of it. Open windows task manager and end the process for FMSISvc.exe if it's still there. Restart 3D11 and run it again.

What results are you getting?

Last edited by ECH1 : May 8, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote