Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old May 7, 2012, 03:02 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwards

he learend his lesson: next time somoene points a gun at you shoot first
Old May 7, 2012, 04:53 AM   #32
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

CoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yea my bad I didn't select the mod in the launcher tool so got it working after that.

Played a few hours with a mate and luckily enough we spawned near enough to each other for the first 2 deaths but on the last go we spawned east and west of the map which I can tell you is one hell of a walk just to try and meet somewhere in the middle. Without knowing the map and or having some idea of which way your pointing it's pretty much impossible to find people even when they are only a few feet away, and once it goes night time you may as well forget it as visibility drops to zero.

On our first go we stayed alive for quite some time but never found anything useful to new players such as a rotor blade and toolbox, not a single box of ammo for our pistols and we quickly ran out, not long after that had a pack chasing us down due to a last ditch snatch and grab which netted us a single crossbow and one bolt :S which as you guessed didn't help us.

All in all its fun if you don't mind wondering around aimlessly for hours on end.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 06:14 AM   #33
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
remeber You need to get ARMA 2: Combined Operations
(that's package of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead + ARMA 2)
it's because the engine is OA but data used are both A2 and OA

also it's suggested to get PMC and BAF DLC as some of the models are used and You don't want to stare on low texture quality right? :
some discounted copies of combined ops for your rage fellows would be nice
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 7, 2012, 12:11 PM   #34
Omega53
Rage3D = serious business

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

bought and downloading combined ops now Cant wait to try z mod
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 12:25 PM   #35
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
Without knowing the map and or having some idea of which way your pointing it's pretty much impossible to find people even when they are only a few feet away
here's what you should do... when you spawn, you will be near a town. go there and at either end of it there will be street signs with the town's name written on them (in cyrillic script). open your browser and use google image search to find the chernarus map. then you search for your town on the map image and you'll see where you are. if your friend does the same, you can figure out how to reach each other. keep walking along the coast and you'll eventually manage to get together.

alternatively, right when you spawn, the game tells you your location in a message on the bottom right side of your hud for a few seconds. if you're quick, you can see that instead of having to find a sign post.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 02:41 PM   #36
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

even when you're not playing the game, just reading about people's experiences or seeing livestreams or youtube or whatever is so entertaining.

for example this one... while everyone else worries about where to find their next can of beans, this group of bandits flies around in a goddamn chopper hunting zombies and gathering supplies. the roof extraction at the end is particularly cool

the mod being in alpha also produces some hilarious bugs. today, in a new york server, all the players who connected spawned as birds instead of humans

and i found this on the official forum, might be useful to those starting out

spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 02:44 PM   #37
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

OMG I must download this NOW!
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 02:52 PM   #38
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

I would download it but (a) I'd spend my time getting shot by asshats and (b) don't want to spend $30.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 02:54 PM   #39
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I already own ArmA2 and OA.. so this is a win for me. After I left the 7thCav ArmA2 clan I haven't played since.

This is an awesome reason to get back into this game. It's always brought my rig to it's knees. Will have to put my chip back to 4.3Ghz for this one

We'll see how this game handles 2x GTX680s. The GTX480s in SLI did a pretty good job, but I'm pretty sure I'm more CPU limited than GPU at this point.
Old May 7, 2012, 03:31 PM   #40
Bhruic
Radeon HD 6850

Bhruic is still being judged by the masses

Tried it out and it was decent. I suspect it'll be a lot more fun when I can group up with a friend later tonight.

I haven't figured out the purpose of towns tho'. It seems like 99% of the buildings aren't enterable, so all you do is wander around trying not to spook the Zs. Which almost inevitably happens anyway. Extremely high risk for very little reward potential. The smart play appears to be memorizing where all the barns are, and making a beeline for them.
Bhruic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 03:33 PM   #41
Omega53

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
Tried it out and it was decent. I suspect it'll be a lot more fun when I can group up with a friend later tonight.

I haven't figured out the purpose of towns tho'. It seems like 99% of the buildings aren't enterable, so all you do is wander around trying not to spook the Zs. Which almost inevitably happens anyway. Extremely high risk for very little reward potential. The smart play appears to be memorizing where all the barns are, and making a beeline for them.
I love the tension of walking around not knowing if youre going to die in the next minute. Im thoroughly enjoying this so far
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 7, 2012, 04:25 PM   #42
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

CoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think they should tweak the night time a little to give us slightly more light, its fair enough that night time is night time and it should be dark but it's a bit much and its worse the fact that the in game time is set to real server times so if I happen to play now in an EU server I will get about 1 hour of dusk and spend the rest of the time in complete darkness.
Old May 7, 2012, 04:39 PM   #43
aop
Rage3D Veteran

aop is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I think they should tweak the night time a little to give us slightly more light, its fair enough that night time is night time and it should be dark but it's a bit much and its worse the fact that the in game time is set to real server times so if I happen to play now in an EU server I will get about 1 hour of dusk and spend the rest of the time in complete darkness.
Darkness of nights depends on moon cycle. Full moon it's very bright but new moon it's dark.
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 04:41 PM   #44
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Night being pitch black is just silly. Maybe when its cloudy or the moon is being tiny, but other than that it's relatively visible outside. I don't mean run around and shoot zombies visible (though sometimes it can be), but it's definitely not "middle-of-a-cave" dark. I'd doubt it is ever "Can't see your hand in front of your face dark" outside, even without light pollution.
Unless the zombies also destroyed the moon with their zombie cannon.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 06:22 PM   #45
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

This game is tense as ****.

Kept getting killed by bandits. Very frustrating, but a lot of fun.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:32 PM   #46
Omega53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
This game is tense as ****.

Kept getting killed by bandits. Very frustrating, but a lot of fun.
I dont get off work till 12:30 and I dont get home till about 12:45ish. If you are still up we should get on a server together and start playing.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 7, 2012, 06:33 PM   #47
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

I have an 8am class tomorrow so I'll be getting to bed around then.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:51 PM   #48
Bhruic
Radeon HD 6850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
I love the tension of walking around not knowing if youre going to die in the next minute. Im thoroughly enjoying this so far
Oh, I enjoy that too. And I don't want to find things too easily, as that would defeat a lot of the purpose of the game. It just seems to me when you've set up a situation where there are more Zs (ie, more risk), there should be a corresponding reward to go with it. I think in only 1 out of the 4 towns I hit did I find a house I could go inside.

Sadly my career came to an end when I found a dead survivor (well, I guess he wasn't a survivor anymore ). There were a couple Zs in a crate nearby, so I figured I'd kill them before looting. Unfortunately, while I headshot one of them, the other one warped through the crate and killed me before I could find where he'd disappeared to.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:02 PM   #49
GanjaStar
Jalouise

so its pl;ayable with just ArmaA but with more bugs and lag.

omfg then really want me to give up half my steam inventory for 2 games just so I could play 1 mod

the devs of this mod should start gathering a larger team and moving the game into standalone. this has potential to be a golden cow like minecraft.

I would have never thought i would actually wanna put arma 2 on my PC
Old May 7, 2012, 09:54 PM   #50
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges

"Receiving data..." basically every time I try to join a server. Followed the instructions and installed everything to the T.

****ing annoying.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 10:24 PM   #51
Omega53

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
"Receiving data..." basically every time I try to join a server. Followed the instructions and installed everything to the T.

****ing annoying.
I know the answer, had to fix it myself earlier after going on a google quest.

If you want to know, I want the sentence to read: "Omega53 is the most valuable member here on rage3d. I believe his personal views fully represent what every intelligent man should think. Omega53 is my hero."

Go here and download the newest battleye client ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.c...EyeARMA2OA.exe

Uninstall your current version first by going into your arma 2 OA directory and under exspansion/battleye folder and uninstall using the unistaller. Then install the exe from the link. When you launch the game, make sure you launch combined ops. I know... I am the greatest
AMD Driver Issues

Last edited by Omega53 : May 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:27 AM   #52
Chubz
It's a strange condition.

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

This is the single most amazing zombie-based game, mod, or whatever that I've ever seen.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:30 AM   #53
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
I know the answer, had to fix it myself earlier after going on a google quest.

If you want to know, I want the sentence to read: "Omega53 is the most valuable member here on rage3d. I believe his personal views fully represent what every intelligent man should think. Omega53 is my hero."

Go here and download the newest battleye client ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.c...EyeARMA2OA.exe

Uninstall your current version first by going into your arma 2 OA directory and under exspansion/battleye folder and uninstall using the unistaller. Then install the exe from the link. When you launch the game, make sure you launch combined ops. I know... I am the greatest
yeah I tried that but it doesn't really solve it, still need t get lucky I think.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 01:11 AM   #54
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aop View Post
Darkness of nights depends on moon cycle. Full moon it's very bright but new moon it's dark.
This is spot on, was playing tonight with a full moon out clear skies and although it's mostly bright it's only as long as where your going is not shaded by mountains, trees or buildings plus at full night time your in game eyes do adjust to the darkness slightly. It also adds an element of camouflage meaning you have an easier time sneaking around if you stay in the shadows from both people and zombies.

Had a decent run tonight of the two of us we have an AK, lee Enfield, a 9mm handgun, at least 3 clips for each ish, 2x smoke grenades, matches, hunting knife, and a map, no players were killed for any of those items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
yeah I tried that but it doesn't really solve it, still need t get lucky I think.
Do the battle eye setup for both arma 2 and OA myself and a few mates had the same issue because we generally skipped over the OA's version of battle eye because we didn't think it needed to be installed twice.

Last edited by CoolNitro : May 8, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old May 8, 2012, 01:18 AM   #55
Omega53

Bummer the main server is down and it looks like no dayz tonight
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 8, 2012, 01:20 AM   #56
Bhruic
Radeon HD 6850

Really? I was playing mostly fine. Some servers were having issues, but I did find one that wasn't.

Unforunately, despite playing for an hour, my friend and I weren't able to find each other. I spawned south, he spawned north, and it takes forever to run far enough to find each other - assuming you don't get ass-raped along the way. It'd be nice if they implemented some sort of "spawn together" or "spawn in the same area" option.
Old May 8, 2012, 01:51 AM   #57
Omega53

Im on EU10 if anyone wants to join. My name on there is thomas green. Got to change it tomorrow. come in and we'll meet somewhere.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 8, 2012, 03:41 AM   #58
Omega53

died for the first time. Man what a terrifying experience. I was in a field and next thing I know Im surrounded by walkers in every direction. A few walk within a few feet of me and dont notice, but then this hopping little bastard sees me and next thing I know Im running with about 20 zombies on my ass for about 3 Km before I say screw it, turn around and try to take out as many as I can before they kill me. By the time I was done running I must of had 30 zombies on my ass.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 8, 2012, 03:47 AM   #59
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

Ah man what a bummer we had loads of stuff but eventually died due to being in a mad rush to find water of all things and once we fired one shot from the enfield near a gas station that was it zombies came at us from everywhere, to make matters worse we couldn't even run due to passing out every few seconds from dehydration.

This is the kind of game / mod where there isn't really that much action going on, in that 6 hour run we killed a total of 40 zombies between us and only seen two or three players but never made contact with them still though it was fun just roaming around. I can't wait to see what the game will evolve into as it goes through development.
Old May 8, 2012, 03:51 AM   #60
Omega53

Quote:
Ah man what a bummer we had loads of stuff but eventually died due to being in a mad rush to find water of all things and once we fired one shot from the enfield near a gas station that was it zombies came at us from everywhere, to make matters worse we couldn't even run due to passing out every few seconds from dehydration.

This is the kind of game / mod where there isn't really that much action going on, in that 6 hour run we killed a total of 40 zombies between us and only seen two or three players but never made contact with them still though it was fun just roaming around. I can't wait to see what the game will evolve into as it goes through development.
If we could get like 5 to 10 guys from rage to play together in a group I think it would be amazing.
AMD Driver Issues