Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old May 5, 2012, 09:44 AM   #2101
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The health numbers are a little scary.

This means that the damage output by players is going to be absolutely insane. Health and Damage are going to scale to ridiculous numbers and imo this hurts PVP.
they could always scale differently for pvp. i.e. player 5 levels below you 50% dmg reduction.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 10:35 AM   #2102
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

This means that the damage output by players is going to be absolutely insane. Health and Damage are going to scale to ridiculous numbers and imo this hurts PVP.
pve and pvp damage will be very different. they'll introduce something like resilience to mitigate 70% of all damage

besides, i don't think player damage will scale in any proportion to the hp of that boss. the boss has ~8800 times more hp in inferno to normal, but i'd expect player damage to only increase by a fraction of that. inferno is supposed to be hard as **** and you should only do it with a full party anyway.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 12:40 PM   #2103
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
inferno is supposed to be hard as **** and you should only do it with a full party anyway.
They specifically said Inferno is soloable, and you don't need other players for any of the content.
Ego is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 5, 2012, 01:01 PM   #2104
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
They specifically said Inferno is soloable, and you don't need other players for any of the content.
don't even want to imagine how hard that is going to be
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 01:05 PM   #2105
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
don't even want to imagine how hard that is going to be
Probably as hard as soloing it, considering everything scales up when players join
Old May 5, 2012, 03:14 PM   #2106
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

This. Game. Is. Not. About. Balanced. PvP. Seriously guys, how many times does it need to be said. They don't give a rats ass about balancing PvP because it will affect PvM which is what Diablo is about. If you want PvP go play WoW and see the catastrophic cluster**** it is trying to balance PvP and PvE. There's a reason this game doesn't have any focus on balanced PvP or PvP rewards. The series never has been and never will be about PvP other than a side effect, which frankly I'm happy about. Keeps a lot of kiddie idiots away because it's "boring".

Quote:
pve and pvp damage will be very different. they'll introduce something like resilience to mitigate 70% of all damage
No. They specifically said it'll be hilarious blowing the **** out of your friends with insanely powerful abilities.

Quote:
besides, i don't think player damage will scale in any proportion to the hp of that boss. the boss has ~8800 times more hp in inferno to normal, but i'd expect player damage to only increase by a fraction of that. inferno is supposed to be hard as **** and you should only do it with a full party anyway.
Inferno if anything is more complex and difficult with a group, as people could be massively undergeared for it. Inferno is soloable. It also increases in difficulty as more players join. Player HP etc will increase primarily through gear. There's a reason they said you'll be fighting in Hell for a while to get the gear needed to survive inferno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.

Last edited by Alientank : May 5, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 03:29 PM   #2107
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm actually in favor of UNBALANCED PVP in games like this.

Hello, what is the point of leveling and getting the best loot if it doesn't make you ridiculously powerful?!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 03:34 PM   #2108
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

I'm in favor of **** PvP. Why does everything need PvP? Action RPG? Needs moar PvP! MMO? Needs more PvP! Animal Crossing? PvP or I'm not buying it.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2109
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I'm actually in favor of UNBALANCED PVP in games like this.

Hello, what is the point of leveling and getting the best loot if it doesn't make you ridiculously powerful?!
THANK YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
I'm in favor of **** PvP. Why does everything need PvP? Action RPG? Needs moar PvP! MMO? Needs more PvP! Animal Crossing? PvP or I'm not buying it.
Thank this annoying new gen of COD players who want to basically troll and curb stomp other players in an unfair fight, and whine on forums while showing off their PvP rewards that no one cares about. Most are interested in exploiting class advantages or glitches, not genuine balanced and fair PvP, which would be impossible to do in a game with 2.7 trillion possible builds (literally) like Diablo 3 has. Hence why they aren't even attempting it and instead focusing their efforts before launch on bug and stability fixes as well as making the content right. Though apparently the game itself has been done for a few weeks.

Quote:
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.

Last edited by Alientank : May 5, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 5, 2012, 03:44 PM   #2110
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Thank this annoying new gen of COD players who want to basically troll and curb stomp other players in an unfair fight, and whine on forums while showing off their PvP rewards that no one cares about. Most are interested in exploiting class advantages or glitches, not genuine balanced and fair PvP, which would be impossible to do in a game with 2.7 trillion possible builds like Diablo 3 has. Hence why they aren't even attempting it.
New gen CoD players? No. This has been a 'thing' with trolls and jerkasses since before Call of Duty became a thing.
Old May 5, 2012, 03:51 PM   #2111
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
New gen CoD players? No. This has been a 'thing' with trolls and jerkasses since before Call of Duty became a thing.
I shouldn't say new gen, however relatively new. When I played UT99 and Quake 3 online it was never like it is now. I'd say since the inception of console based online PvP gaming is when it really took off. Which when you think about it wasn't many years ago. That kind of crap has seeped into PC gaming too. There are a few mature younger gamers out there, but it's hard. Most of the ones I come across are in their 20's and not part of this "new wave" of kids playing 18+ intended games.

Quote:
Old May 5, 2012, 10:39 PM   #2112
ElBerryKM13
Rage3D Veteran

ElBerryKM13 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
THANK YOU.

Thank this annoying new gen of COD players who want to basically troll and curb stomp other players in an unfair fight, and whine on forums while showing off their PvP rewards that no one cares about. Most are interested in exploiting class advantages or glitches, not genuine balanced and fair PvP, which would be impossible to do in a game with 2.7 trillion possible builds (literally) like Diablo 3 has. Hence why they aren't even attempting it and instead focusing their efforts before launch on bug and stability fixes as well as making the content right. Though apparently the game itself has been done for a few weeks.

So because most are interested in pvm that means there is no people interested in pvp? i fail to see why are you so defensive about pvp. Its just another way people have fun you know? I really like to spent time in the game to get good gear so i can compete vs REAL people instead of killing diablo 1000x times. I don't care if the game is not balanced for pvp i wish it gets added into the game soon enough after release.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:34 PM   #2113
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaBlo666 View Post
So because most are interested in pvm that means there is no people interested in pvp? i fail to see why are you so defensive about pvp. Its just another way people have fun you know? I really like to spent time in the game to get good gear so i can compete vs REAL people instead of killing diablo 1000x times. I don't care if the game is not balanced for pvp i wish it gets added into the game soon enough after release.
You can compete with people in game. The fact is though there are far too many variables to have balanced competitive PvP like people are asking for. I look forward to PvP as well, but I don't want to see a PvM game ruined by PvP balancing attempts like WoW was. PvP is and should remain a minor addition, as it currently is.

Quote:
Old May 5, 2012, 11:35 PM   #2114
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaBlo666 View Post
Yes, PvP versus the people killing bad guys with hundreds of thousands of HP. I'm pretty sure you won't have that much. It will be a grand time.
Old May 6, 2012, 02:21 AM   #2115
Jaws of Life
She's got them on sale

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

D2 pvp was never about balance. It was just world PVP to make things a bit more dangerous. They don't have to balance it, it's not competitive in the e-scene. It was always just ganking+set up duels. PvE should be all efforts, just enable player to be attacked and leave it be. But no we won't have that anymore.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 04:01 AM   #2116
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Will this game have a storyline or is it just PVP mess?
I don't know jack about Diablo games btw...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 05:03 AM   #2117
Jaws of Life
She's got them on sale

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
For D3, no world PVP but there will be an arena for PVP. Diablo is primarily PvM, and has some of the best FMVs. Storyline is there to follow if you want, it's interesting but I am too busy clicking 100x a second.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 05:07 AM   #2118
nutcrackr
Rage3D Spammer

nutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
http://www.gamefront.com/diablo-3-lore-guide/
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 12:25 PM   #2119
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Wait.. you really think I'm some "new gen COD player"? I was playing Quake 3 and UT99 just like you were.
It's not about balancing the class builds.. I said the HP / Damage numbers were just too high to have enjoyable PVP. You people are so quick to start talking ****. It makes me laugh.

Just to make sure I get it through some of your thick skulls - I never said it had to be class balanced. All I was saying, was that the monsters having such extreme health numbers meant that player damage was going to skyrocket. If the HP numbers don't scale then PVP will end up in a "who gets the first 4 skills off."

Last edited by Nunz : May 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 01:24 PM   #2120
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
Wait.. you really think I'm some "new gen COD player"? I was playing Quake 3 and UT99 just like you were.
What the **** are you talking about? I never mentioned your name.

Quote:
It's not about balancing the class builds.. I said the HP / Damage numbers were just too high to have enjoyable PVP.
Uhh we don't even know what the final HP/damage numbers will be. At all.

Quote:
You people are so quick to start talking ****. It makes me laugh.
As I recall you made a crap ton of judgements and "**** talk" earlier before I curb stomped you with knowledge.

Quote:
Just to make sure I get it through some of your thick skulls - I never said it had to be class balanced. All I was saying, was that the monsters having such extreme health numbers meant that player damage was going to skyrocket.
Inferno and Hell monsters aren't meant to be 1 shotted. Some inferno monsters deal 26k damage per hit. Classes have resistances including damage resistance through armor. We will have high health to compete with the high damage.

Quote:
If the HP numbers don't scale then PVP will end up in a "who gets the first 4 skills off."
Who knows how PVP will go. Again, it isn't released yet, and it was never intended to be balanced. Who knows how the fights will go, but they won't be fair.

Quote:
Old May 6, 2012, 01:52 PM   #2121
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
. All I was saying, was that the monsters having such extreme health numbers meant that player damage was going to skyrocket. If the HP numbers don't scale then PVP will end up in a "who gets the first 4 skills off."
Yeah, so? Every game doesn't need a PvP mode.
Old May 6, 2012, 09:58 PM   #2122
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Yeah, so? Every game doesn't need a PvP mode.
But this game has a PVP mode with arena..

@Alientank.. yeah you curb-stomped me with knowledge. Feel good?
If a boss has what was it, 15 million HP, you don't think player damage is going to scale with that HP (as well as player health)?

Even if there's 4 people, that's still an absurd amount of HP unless players are dealing substantially more damage with substantially more HP so they don't get raped. Spindoctor brought up a great point, but you'd rather act as if D3 has to be played a certain way, and if they don't play it the way you have it dreamed up in your head.. then they're wrong.
Old May 6, 2012, 10:52 PM   #2123
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So this became an Alientank/Cartigan thread, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 12:22 AM   #2124
Cyko
Oh God, mother! Blood!

Cyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsCyko glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post

I :bone: my dog.

"I heard if you screw your bellybutton anti-clockwise...your butt falls off" -Lunar Wolf

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 12:30 AM   #2125
nutcrackr
Rage3D Spammer

nutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled with

so i hear diablo 3 has monsters n stuff, ey. 8 days people.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 01:13 AM   #2126
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I know..
Old May 7, 2012, 01:57 AM   #2127
Ego
I can't take this

I can't remember: how long was the Diablo 2 campaign ?
Just curious of what to expect for this one.
Old May 7, 2012, 02:05 AM   #2128
TekBug
Radeon HD 6870

TekBug is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
I can't remember: how long was the Diablo 2 campaign ?
Just curious of what to expect for this one.
Solely dependant on loot drops however from memory, it took me about 15 hours to beat Normal difficulty. Nightmare took longer and I didn't beat Hell difficulty for quite some time.

I never played multiplayer - all solo and would use the "/players 8" command once I had good enough gear.
TekBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 02:59 AM   #2129
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

badboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have insomnia! cant sleep.. thinking of diablo
Damn tired at work today

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 05:49 AM   #2130
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
But this game has a PVP mode with arena..
It's arena just to give players an area to goof around in. Nothing structured is planned.

Quote:
@Alientank.. yeah you curb-stomped me with knowledge. Feel good?
If a boss has what was it, 15 million HP, you don't think player damage is going to scale with that HP (as well as player health)?
Again, mobs in Inferno aren't going to die with a single stroke. A 15 million HP boss is going to take a lot of swinging to kill and a bit of time. You won't be hitting for 15 million damage per hit and thus, players will either have substantial health pools to survive themselves, or have substantial resistances. Players regardless don't need pools of 100 million HP.

Quote:
Even if there's 4 people, that's still an absurd amount of HP unless players are dealing substantially more damage with substantially more HP so they don't get raped. Spindoctor brought up a great point, but you'd rather act as if D3 has to be played a certain way, and if they don't play it the way you have it dreamed up in your head.. then they're wrong.
What the hell are you talking about? All spindoctor said was we'd need to do a good amount of damage in inferno, which I agree with. However look at the mobs in Inferno, they're hitting for 26k damage per swing, if not more. Look at the HP difference and damage difference of mobs from hell to inferno. That equates to an insane ramp-up in health pools for players as well as damage resistance and application. People need to stop acting like we're going to all be in inferno gear. Sorry, 90% of players probably never will be save buying it off RMAH. They also need to stop looking at inferno mob health pools and equate that with players doing 500k damage per swing, they won't. They also need to stop thinking about pvp balance, because it won't exist.

If you're in a pack of mobs taking them down, they aren't going to give you 500 hp and say GLHF. Players will likely have health in the 100-250k range by inferno I wager. The reason you'll live is because you will a) Have a crap ton of HP from inferno level gear to boost you to those health levels and b) Have a crapton of damage reduction from inferno level gear. I doubt mobs will carry the same amount of damage reduction with the exception of bosses. I doubt they want players spending 15 minutes taking out a champion pack. Maybe 5.

Quote:

Last edited by Alientank : May 7, 2012 at 05:53 AM.