Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old May 6, 2012, 12:10 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

3D is worth the boners.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 12:11 PM   #152
Sazar
F@lding - Is it in you?

Sazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Anyone who's seen it in 3D, is 3D worth it?
Yah, the 3D was decent enough.

Thus far, apart from cartoons, only Avatar has really done GOOD 3D. Green Lantern was OK and there have been some other half-decent attempts. Don't expect Avengers 3D to be mind-blowing, but it definitely adds depth in many scenes.

This movie is the first to break $200 million for an opening weekend. Pretty gaudy stuff. A couple of my friends want to watch it again for the one-liners, I might join em

"He's adopted"

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 01:51 PM   #153
ViCyniC
Rage3D Spammer

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Not gonna see it in 3D. I have been spoiled after watching Avatar (Avatard, hurr) in 3D.

Prometheus, will watch in 3D cause it's shot in 3D.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 6, 2012, 02:03 PM   #154
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Yeah, if I know a film is specifically made to utilize the 3D technology I'll see it in 3D. I'm not a fan of tacked on 3D.... it seems way too cardboard pop-out to me.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 02:08 PM   #155
Whiny Mooch

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Anyone who's seen it in 3D, is 3D worth it?
I watched it in IMAX 3D yesterday. It was worth it. But to be honest I went for the larger screen and 12,000 watt sound system.

On another not I did not plan on seeing the new Spiderman periodl but the 3D in the preview was very good.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 02:53 PM   #156
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird sings

I won't ruin any movie with 3D. Waste of money and just makes it look dark. Also wearing glasses over glasses is a pain.

Just saw this last night with my boys and gotta say it was better than I expected. In the top of my favorite movies of all time, if not the top.

One unexpected thing this movie did was make it more visible as to determine who I should add to my ignore list. I found a few people's opinions in this very thread that based on it and their negative responses clearly shows to me I don't have to worry about ever hearing anything from them again as I can't value it in anyway.
Old May 6, 2012, 03:15 PM   #157
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

So obvious question is obvious...

Iron Man or the Hulk. Which was your favorite hero (can be outside these two as well).

My friend and I did a tally of awesome and Hulk got a 4.5 awesome rank whereas, Iron Man got 5.5 awesome moments. Net net, Iron Man won and my friend lost .
Old May 6, 2012, 03:18 PM   #158
shrike126

shrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
So obvious question is obvious...

Iron Man or the Hulk. Which was your favorite hero (can be outside these two as well).

My friend and I did a tally of awesome and Hulk got a 4.5 awesome rank whereas, Iron Man got 5.5 awesome moments. Net net, Iron Man won and my friend lost .
Iron Man / Tony Stark I expected to be awesome. Whereas the Hulk / Bruce Banner was a pleasant surprise. Watching Iron Man dive into attacking the alien army was fun but not as balls out thrilling as the Hulk was. Once he punched the first leviathan into the ground it was a thrill-a-minute through to the end. The scenes with Iron Man were fun, don't get me wrong. But every Hulk scene was a treat.
Old May 6, 2012, 04:51 PM   #159
Whiny Mooch

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
I won't ruin any movie with 3D. Waste of money and just makes it look dark. Also wearing glasses over glasses is a pain.

Just saw this last night with my boys and gotta say it was better than I expected. In the top of my favorite movies of all time, if not the top.

One unexpected thing this movie did was make it more visible as to determine who I should add to my ignore list. I found a few people's opinions in this very thread that based on it and their negative responses clearly shows to me I don't have to worry about ever hearing anything from them again as I can't value it in anyway.
You going to add yourself to your ignore list? You started off with three negatives in your post then you complain about people's negative comments in this thread.
The digital IMAX screen and sound outweighed any concerns I had about 3D. The IMAX glasses fit over my glasses without any issue. Still keeping my ignore list empty.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 05:36 PM   #160
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

saw it today, amazing movie all around! Still wish they had gotten Edward Norton to come back as Hulk
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 06:51 PM   #161
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
saw it today, amazing movie all around! Still wish they had gotten Edward Norton to come back as Hulk
**** you. Bruce Banner was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
Snatches scare me. I once saw this dude break his elbow doing one :shock:
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 08:00 PM   #162
Sazar
F@lding - Is it in you?

Sazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
No way, I hated Ed Norton in the previous movie. Bana was far better but, have to say, I loved Mark Ruffalo's version of the Hulk and especially Banner.

He came across as super intelligent and you could see the personal conflict internally.
Old May 6, 2012, 08:01 PM   #163
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
**** you. Bruce Banner was perfect.
To be fair this script gave Hulk some real life. Anyone could have played an awesome Hulk in this.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 08:54 PM   #164
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Saw it on Saturday - Loved the movie. It will be hard to accept anyone else as Iron Man though. Heard Downey is unconfirmed after Iron Man 3.
Old May 6, 2012, 09:24 PM   #165
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

Razeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Saw it on Saturday - Loved the movie. It will be hard to accept anyone else as Iron Man though. Heard Downey is unconfirmed after Iron Man 3.
Hopefully Downey doesn't get too greedy. He's perfect for the role.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 12:17 AM   #166
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Hopefully Downey doesn't get too greedy. He's perfect for the role.
yes he is.
Old May 7, 2012, 02:14 AM   #167
DorXtar
they're real

DorXtar is still being judged by the masses

Everyone I know that was remotely interested saw it. All of my friends that I went to go see "Think like a man" with are girls and aren't interested.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 03:03 AM   #168
Meteor
[RenJeRot] rulez!

Meteor is still being judged by the masses

Awesome movie; awesome action, awesome humor & nice 3D..
Totally loved it..

Other: Asus EEE 1005HA / Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz / 1GB / 160 GB HDD / Windows 7
Meteor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 08:19 AM   #169
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

watched it today. very fun movie. joss whedon's touch is imprinted on the movie from start to finish in how he managed to keep it funny all the way through. and yea, hulk totally stole the show

someone tell me about these 2 post credit sequences. i saw the first one after the initial credits and even stuck around for the long ass credits but nothing showed after them.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 08:22 AM   #170
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Smashed US box at 200 mil over weekend.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:34 AM   #171
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

Razeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Smashed US box at 200 mil over weekend.
They damn near made all the money back in 3 days. Crazy.

I have to wonder how Dark Knight Rises will do. I'm definitely going to the IMAX at midnight for that one.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:38 AM   #172
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
They damn near made all the money back in 3 days. Crazy.

I have to wonder how Dark Knight Rises will do. I'm definitely going to the IMAX at midnight for that one.
Yeah they did. It is only US box. Total world should be much bigger considering it opened on 19th in some places and 23rd in some others.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:42 AM   #173
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Yeah they did. It is only US box. Total world should be much bigger considering it opened on 19th in some places and 23rd in some others.
The Hulk really did steal the show. I wasn't expecting that and figured he'd just be ho-hum (since I really didn't care for the other Hulk movies).
Old May 7, 2012, 08:47 AM   #174
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird sings

Awesome movie was awesome!!

Did anyone watch after the credits? Can anyone tell me who that dude was who looked at the camera right before it ended? im assuming there trying to hint at an Avengers 2 but i have no idea who that was.

Supra_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 09:04 AM   #175
acroig
Master Troll

acroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Saw it, liked it, well worth the price of admission.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 09:14 AM   #176
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Freak View Post

Did anyone watch after the credits? Can anyone tell me who that dude was who looked at the camera right before it ended? im assuming there trying to hint at an Avengers 2 but i have no idea who that was.
Thanos.
Old May 7, 2012, 09:16 AM   #177
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird singsSupra_Freak knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Thanos.
Ahhhh, thanks dude!

Supra_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 09:16 AM   #178
Sazar
F@lding - Is it in you?

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Freak View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos
Old May 7, 2012, 09:19 AM   #179
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Btw a character that didn't get much spotlight.

FRICKING LOKI WAS PHENOMENAL!
Old May 7, 2012, 09:21 AM   #180
shrike126

shrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
watched it today. very fun movie. joss whedon's touch is imprinted on the movie from start to finish in how he managed to keep it funny all the way through. and yea, hulk totally stole the show

someone tell me about these 2 post credit sequences. i saw the first one after the initial credits and even stuck around for the long ass credits but nothing showed after them.
What I saw was...

First post-credits scene of course you saw was the Other talking to Thanos. The second post-credits scene I saw was the Avengers team sitting in that pizzaria called Schwarmas (or whatever) eating. All of them looking very bored. It was kinda awesome.