Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

"

Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird sings

Default Windows Live Skydrive cloud storage increased to 7GB, get 25Gb free

If you don't have a windows live skydrive, get one today and get 7GB cloud storage; for a limited time you can upgrade your existing account to 25GB.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:06 PM   #2
ViCyniC
Rage3D Spammer

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Thanks for the heads up. I don't use or plan to use Skydrive anytime soon, but free is free.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:07 PM   #3
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird sings

25gb is a decent amount of storage.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:48 PM   #4
andino
Rage3D Veteran

andino once held a door open for a complete strangerandino once held a door open for a complete strangerandino once held a door open for a complete stranger

Do you have a link for the upgrade? It only gave me the 7GB.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:49 AM   #5
caveman-jim
Retired

It was a button on my skydrive page.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:03 PM   #6
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Read the Agreement before uploading and share stuff there.
Also, do the same for G Drive, which is worse.
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Talon_262
Lurker Supreme

Talon_262 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Do you have a link for the upgrade? It only gave me the 7GB.
The 25 GB offer was only good for people who had SkyDrive before the 22nd and had at least one file in it, so if you just signed up for SkyDrive or had it for a long time, but didn't have any files in it, you're SOL for the free upgrade to 25 GB.
Talon_262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:59 PM   #8
andino
Rage3D Veteran

andino once held a door open for a complete strangerandino once held a door open for a complete strangerandino once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon_262 View Post
The 25 GB offer was only good for people who had SkyDrive before the 22nd and had at least one file in it, so if you just signed up for SkyDrive or had it for a long time, but didn't have any files in it, you're SOL for the free upgrade to 25 GB.
Great. Thanks.

Had it and didn't use it.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:53 AM   #9
ViCyniC
Rage3D Spammer

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon_262 View Post
I don't have any files in it and I don't remember using it, but I still got the upgrade...:shrug:
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:40 AM   #10
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Got the upgrade without using it anyway.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 12:20 AM   #11
andino
Rage3D Veteran

Is it sad that I'm ticked that I didn't get the 25 gig free?

lol
Old May 6, 2012, 09:17 AM   #12
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant once held a door open for a complete strangerKombatant once held a door open for a complete strangerKombatant once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

I was already using Skydrive for backup purposes... with the new client, it made the experience more like Dropbox, so me gusta ^_^
Kombatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 09:01 AM   #13
**G.I.BRO**
Just Bic it

**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound**G.I.BRO** can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yup... im so happy that MS decided to use cloud, makes me use them by default now. Very happy with this product.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 10:42 AM   #14
caveman-jim
Retired

I'm not so happy with the update mechanism,

10 days of skydrive, for manual updates...
Old May 10, 2012, 01:44 PM   #15
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once held a door open for a complete strangerRistogod once held a door open for a complete strangerRistogod once held a door open for a complete strangerRistogod once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
I'm not so happy with the update mechanism,

10 days of skydrive, for manual updates...
What?
Old May 10, 2012, 03:21 PM   #16
caveman-jim
Retired

On the 3rd, 7th and 10th, it has popped up telling me that Skydrive can't update and to download it manually. I have to manually download and run skydrive setup.
Old May 12, 2012, 02:30 AM   #17
Galmok
Rage3D Veteran

Galmok is still being judged by the masses

These online webspaces/drives from Microsoft are quite limited in what you may store there. Microsoft will delete your stuff if they don't approve of it. Having for instance images with just a little too much skin colour and the image will be deleted without notice. Even if it is just a drawing.

Also, from countries outside USA, storing sensitive stuff there is just braindead as USA will take a peek at it eventually if it triggers any keyword. Industrial spionage is a real concern. And it is probably not Microsoft but the government that does to spying.

I do use dropbox but I am not storing any sensitive information there. I trust any european cloud storage much more as it is illegal in europe for the government to look in people stuff without a warrant (and a few other cases I think, but not sure).

So, unless Microsoft and/or Google spawn of a native european company that is independent from the mothercompany and provide cloud storage on servers based in europe, their offering is just a toy.
Galmok is offline   Reply With Quote