Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

"

Old May 3, 2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird sings

Default Nissan announces confirmed Production of the Juke-R (Uses GT-R Chassis and Motor)

Quote:
The Juke-R may have been just a prototype, but now Nissan says it will put the high-performance crossover into limited production. The Juke-R melds the mechanical components of the Nissan GT-R with the body of a Juke crossover. Back in January, we called upon Nissan to consider building the Juke-R — read Jonny Lieberman’s blog right here.
Nissan has so far received three orders for a copy of the Nissan Juke-R, and is currently taking orders for more examples of the car. A month from now, production of the Juke-R will begin in limited numbers. The best news for customers, however, is that the production Juke-R models will get a performance boost. While the two prototypes built employed the mechanicals of the 2010 GT-R and extracted 485 hp and 434 lb-ft of torque from a twin-turbo 3.8-liter V-6 engine, versions of the Juke-R destined for customers will use the running gear from the 2013 GT-R. The new car’s engine has been upgraded to 545 hp and 463 lb-ft, which could make the Juke-R even quicker than the 3.7-second 0-to-62-mph time previously quoted.

http://wot.motortrend.com/nissan-juk...er-201447.html

Quote:
We’ve seen the stats, so now it’s time for the rubber to meet the road. Nissan says its Juke-R will reach 160 mph and cover the 0-to-62-mph sprint in just 3.7 seconds, but now the automaker has released this video showing the sports machine racing a Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari 458 Italia, and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in Dubai.
To refresh your memory, the Juke-R is a project from Nissan’s U.K. wing that combines the heroic drivetrain and chassis components of the GT-R supercar, with the quirky body of the Juke crossover. The resultant vehicle sprouts giant wings, features the GT-R’s cool touch-screen infotainment system, and packs a 485-hp punch from a twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V-6 engine.
It goes without saying that Nissan, responsible for this race video, wanted the Juke-R to look its best, so don’t put too much stock in the fact that the Japanese mash-up easily outruns the German and Italian supercars. Still, it’s a great opportunity to see and hear the Juke-R under full attack and performing some occasional tail-out antics.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Life is like an Arrow on a bow. It constantly drags you back. But you are just moments away from springing forward.

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : May 3, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Greasy
Rage3D Spammer

Greasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled with

That's insane! When I first saw the title, I figured it would have 160HP with some big wheels.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 02:28 PM   #3
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
That's insane! When I first saw the title, I figured it would have 160HP with some big wheels.
This be a bit more machine than that Johnny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 3, 2012, 02:35 PM   #4
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird singsCurrentlyPissed knows why the caged bird sings

Upated title for the unaware

-George Carlin

Quote:
Life is like an Arrow on a bow. It constantly drags you back. But you are just moments away from springing forward.
Old May 3, 2012, 02:43 PM   #5
OverclockN'
Rage3D Spammer

OverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete stranger

I love this thing. Such a badass ride.
Old May 3, 2012, 02:48 PM   #6
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

I think it looks incredible. Only issue is, rumored to be 1-200k in price. Due to low production.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old May 3, 2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ is still being judged by the masses

Don't care if it had 9001hp. Nothing can fix that much ugly.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 03:55 PM   #8
swingline
Find Fix FINISH

swingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Dumbest thing I've heard in a while.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Juke looks terrible. Should be called the Joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 04:07 PM   #10
Clockwork
Rage3D Spammer

Clockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete stranger

I would drive it.

Dare to be different I say...
"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 05:36 PM   #11
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I would drive it.

Dare to be different I say...
... off a cliff?
Quote:
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Old May 3, 2012, 05:38 PM   #12
Greasy
Rage3D Spammer

Greasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled withGreasy is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
... off a cliff?
Hell, it's got so much body kit going on; they just need to add wings. Then he probably could!
Old May 3, 2012, 05:41 PM   #13
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Hell, it's got so much body kit going on; they just need to add wings. Then he probably could!
The Juke-R Wright Brothers edition?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 05:44 PM   #14
Greasy
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
The Juke-R Wright Brothers edition?
My man! Giving NC history some love!
Old May 3, 2012, 10:28 PM   #15
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once held a door open for a complete strangerPayne3d once held a door open for a complete strangerPayne3d once held a door open for a complete strangerPayne3d once held a door open for a complete stranger

looks like something homer simpson would design.
does the horn play "la cucaracha"?
Old May 4, 2012, 08:03 AM   #16
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Every single one of these ****ing abominations should be torched. I have never seen an uglier piece of **** in all my life, I don't care if it does a 3 second quarter mile, I'd rather inject AIDS tainted cement into my dick than ever even sit in one.

X3350 (3.6GHZ)|4GB of GSkill|500GB + 320GB SATA|ECS GTX 580 |Abit IP35 Pro|Windows 7 64 Ultimate

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 08:42 AM   #17
swingline
Find Fix FINISH

swingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Car design by committee.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 09:16 AM   #18
OverclockN'
Rage3D Spammer

OverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete stranger

Take a deep breath folks, this thing rocks.

This ain't no Aztec chumps. It's ugly yet badass. It is AWESOME.
Old May 4, 2012, 09:18 AM   #19
Greasy
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I don't care if it does a 3 second quarter mile, I'd rather inject AIDS tainted cement into my dick than ever even sit in one.
Just reading that made my junk hurt!
Old May 4, 2012, 10:08 AM   #20
curio
It ain't easy

curio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestcurio considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Only issue is, rumored to be 1-200k in price. Due to low production.
wow
Old May 4, 2012, 11:42 AM   #21
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

It's not far from the Aztec in the ugly department. If I want a car based on the GT-R platform I'll buy a damned GT-R, not this ugly piece.
Quote:
Old May 4, 2012, 11:42 AM   #22
Clockwork
Rage3D Spammer

Clockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

If not being sarcastc I completely agree.
"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 03:23 PM   #23
lazyx
Rage3D Veteran

lazyx is still being judged by the masses

Only the uk can make something this ugly, the will be a beast on the track tho.
Old May 4, 2012, 03:55 PM   #24
Grov
Death Comes For You

Grov is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyx View Post
Only the uk can make something this ugly, the will be a beast on the track tho.
So people who work at Nissan should refuse to make it because you think it's ugly and then loose there jobs? LOL.

I think it's pointless.

It's just an uglier, stupid GT-R with a slower top speed.
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 10:34 PM   #25
Shadowless
U Mad Bro?

Shadowless once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Shadowless once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Shadowless once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Shadowless once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Shadowless once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Shadowless once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
Don't care if it had 9001hp. Nothing can fix that much ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
Dumbest thing I've heard in a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Juke looks terrible. Should be called the Joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Every single one of these ****ing abominations should be torched. I have never seen an uglier piece of **** in all my life, I don't care if it does a 3 second quarter mile, I'd rather inject AIDS tainted cement into my dick than ever even sit in one.
See above posts for how I feel about this....
Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.0GHz | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Samsung 830 SSD | 1TB Samsung HDD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | MSI Hawk Radeon HD 6870 w/ Arctic Twin Turbo II | CrossFireX | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750 | Acer D241Hbmi | Windows 8.1 Pro

MSI ATX Case | MSI Z68A-G45 | Intel Core i5 2400 | Delux Infinity Air Cooler | 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 160GB Western Digital SATA | 16x Samsung DVD-R/RW | Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 | CoolMax 400w Power Supply | Samsung 21" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRimm862 View Post
...if it wasn't for my mac my penis would be dry and brittle by now. Thank god. No thank mac. :heart:
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 10:41 PM   #26
Sazar
F@lding - Is it in you?

Sazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
If not being sarcastc I completely agree.
Same

It's so ugly, it's beautiful

Actually that's a stretch, but this is a pretty awesome little pocket rocket
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 12:32 AM   #27
gamefoo21
Radeon HD5670 1GB

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Sooo...

It was the Puke.

Now, it's the PukeR.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 01:11 AM   #28
DorXtar
they're real

DorXtar is still being judged by the masses

This is just really clever marketing. Take an ugly, low-selling new car, make a rich-person version that Justin Bieber will ride in, see sales of normal ugly car go up as trendy douchebags buy into the hype.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 02:59 AM   #29
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

That photo is in Dubai. Nice.
Car looks like ass and can go die in a ditch because comparing it to a lambo, 458 and SLS AMG is just retarded.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 03:53 AM   #30
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

The juke is actually one of their top selling models. Last I heard it was versa, altima, sentra, juke, rogue, murano, maxima, 370z, frontier, titan, and last is the leaf.

-George Carlin

Quote: