Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"
View Poll Results: Which Cell phone manufacturer sucks the most?
Apple 7 11.86%
Motorola 6 10.17%
Samsung 1 1.69%
HTC 7 11.86%
Nokia 2 3.39%
LG 25 42.37%
Blackberry 6 10.17%
Other: List 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3, 2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Worst cell phone manufacturer

So out of all the phones you've used, which one pretty much turned you away from said manufacturer's lineup?

Im gonna have to go with LG on this one...
Aside from my well known rage with my LG Optimus 7, i activated my sis' old LG Dare to use temporarily, and already ive experienced delayed Text (or not getting txt...) and after pulling out the battery (which was the so called fix for the txt issue) and replugging it in, the touchscreen didnt work so i couldnt unlock the damn thing after it rebooted...which led to another removal/reinstall of the battery to fix things.....sigh
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Every LG product I have is ****.

I have to unplug and plug back in my LG monitor because it does not want to wake up from sleep. Backlight bleed on corners.

My LG phone's keyboard is ****.

Quote:
If you know the lisp variant Clojure and would want to move to the Chicago area, PM me.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I guess none of you guys have ever tried low end Motos or any Hua-Weis

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 3, 2012, 08:17 PM   #4
EMunEeE
Formerly MrEMan4K

EMunEeE is still being judged by the masses

LG hands down.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:24 PM   #5
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave is still being judged by the masses

The Desire HD has permanently turned me off of any HTC device. Dust accumulates under the screen, hand sweat got beneath the screen, it frequently freezes, music will stutter and stop, the GPS is horribly weak and inaccurate, text messages appear in the wrong order during conversations, battery life sucks, the browser randomly becomes unresponsive while surfing, it's just a terrible phone and a frustration to use
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 08:32 PM   #6
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lg is the worst.. but it is also the cheapest.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 08:45 PM   #7
nrs421
Rage3D Veteran

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

sony ericsson.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:13 PM   #8
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu is not someone to be trifled withwangFu is not someone to be trifled withwangFu is not someone to be trifled withwangFu is not someone to be trifled withwangFu is not someone to be trifled withwangFu is not someone to be trifled withwangFu is not someone to be trifled with

I don't know why i came into this thread thinking lg I've never owned an lg phone
laptop: Toshiba Qosmio i7 3630qm/12gb ddr3/GTX670m/256gb Crucial M4
desktop:Asus M4A79XTD EVO/Phenom II 955/2x4gb Samsung green/HD6950(70)
work: E2160@2.4ghz/2gb DDR2 5300/Integrated graphics
mobile: Nexus 4
wangFu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrs421 View Post
sony ericsson.
damn i knew i was forgetting an option lol.
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Old May 3, 2012, 09:31 PM   #10
Chuck
iLoveCrapple

Chuck is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
sony ericsson.
x2

Love Sony products and decided to pick up a Xperia Arc. What a major mistake. Sluggish UI, crappy build quality, dull screen, poor reception... sold it a month after I bought the piece of garbage.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:59 PM   #11
Zero
Sass hole

Zero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Before their foray into smartphones, SE made pretty good featurephones/dumbphones.

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 10:50 PM   #12
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete stranger

Amazingly, I have never bought a phone I hated. So far I have gone through a couple Nokia dumb phones, a few Sony Ericsson feature phones, an HTC Windows Mobile smartphone, and my current Samsung Nexus S.

Besides the Nexus S, my favorites were the SE feature phones. They were compact, durable, had a good feature set, came with good headphones, and decent mp3 player software. They even had some nice accelerometer controlled games. If you had data you could even do email, maps and tethering with them. They were even better after replacing the carrier branded OS with the stock version.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:58 AM   #13
FX-Overclocking
Rage3D Spammer

FX-Overclocking can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFX-Overclocking can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've had headaches with a VERY buggy Droid 1 from Motorola, as well as a VERY fragile Droid Razr who's screen burst, and now a BUGGY Droid 4.

Motorola gets my vote hands down. Plus their customer service lied to me.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 01:37 AM   #14
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
sony ericsson.
this so hard
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 03:05 AM   #15
Apocalypsee
Rage3D Veteran

Apocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

sony ericsson is bad? My cousin uses Arc and my dad uses Arc S, and my mum and his uses Neo V, no complaints. But my cousin micro USB port suddenly wont work and send for repair few weeks ago. But yeah its launcher is pretty slow and kinda laggy. Still uses supposed to be problematic S.E k850 but it worked fine till this day.
Old May 4, 2012, 04:26 AM   #16
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

In the past myself, family, friends, even my company have had LG phones, and we all share the same sentiment... LG is crap doesn't behave right and that doesn't last. I had such bad reception issues with an LG years ago I ended up buying a Motorola phone at full price because I was literally that desperate. It worked... the Motorola lasted me a VERY long time with top notch reception quality, at least by comparison.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:43 PM   #17
AllexxisF1
Resident Liberal

AllexxisF1 can recite pi backwardsAllexxisF1 can recite pi backwardsAllexxisF1 can recite pi backwardsAllexxisF1 can recite pi backwardsAllexxisF1 can recite pi backwardsAllexxisF1 can recite pi backwardsAllexxisF1 can recite pi backwards

My LG smart phone is absolutely the biggest piece of garbage I have ever owned. My phone is bone stock and not one damn app installed and its been nothing but problems.

My wife sends me a picture in a text phone reboots.

I am using the turn by turn directions, only last for a block then reboots the phone.

Go online and its a slide show then more reboots.

Did I buy the warranty?...no, so guess who is stuck with this POS till August.

THIS GUY.

Has it been a long two years....oh God yes. I quite literally use my phone now exclusively for FoxFi so I can use my new Kindle Fire in the great wide spaces outside.

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : May 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:45 PM   #18
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
My LG smart phone is absolutely the biggest piece of garbage I have ever owned. My phone is bone stock and not one damn app installed and its been nothing but problems.

My wife sends me a picture in a text phone reboots.

I am using the turn by turn directions, only last for a block then reboots the phone.

Go online and its a slide show then more reboots.

Did I buy the warranty?...no so guess who is stuck with this POS till August.

THIS GUY.
at least yours still works......
Mines stuck frozen on the LG boot logo everytime i turn it on....
Old May 4, 2012, 01:21 PM   #19
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once held a door open for a complete strangerRistogod once held a door open for a complete strangerRistogod once held a door open for a complete strangerRistogod once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have an HTC. It's fantastically built and very tolerant to abuse.
Old May 4, 2012, 01:29 PM   #20
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
I have an HTC. It's fantastically built and very tolerant to abuse.
same here, I have been stuck with the SonyErricson Xperia X10 for 18 months and while I was happy with it for a bit, it started glitching very hard. Random restarts, dropped a call I was making to the police ( guy was climbing an electrical pole. No hat no gear and with a wooden ladder that only went halfway). I just bit the bullet, payed the contract out and went with the HTC Raider (I think it may have been called the Vivid in the states) with LTE 4G and I am in bliss again. Never again SonyErricson but I think HTC has a new fan.
Old May 4, 2012, 02:25 PM   #21
mrbaggs
Ashes to Ashes

mrbaggs is still being judged by the masses

Both HTC phones i've had have been excellent (Tbolt and Rezound). SonyEriccson gets my vote, had 2 xperia plays fail on me before I dumped it.
Old May 4, 2012, 02:49 PM   #22
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete stranger

I just remembered, I did once have a terrible phone. It was an Ericsson dumb phone (before Sony bought them). The thing was just really slow to navigate through the menu and contacts. Returned it for a really small Nokia.

Remember how phones used to get smaller from one year to the next instead of bigger? I kind of miss that a little bit.
Old May 4, 2012, 04:43 PM   #23
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

I don't have a problem with HTC overall, but a noteworthy mention has to be the HTC Touch Pro. What a flaming piece of 5hit cell phone. It locked on me constantly, was overbearingly slow, and drained a battery in a few hours. I tried different roms and tweaks on it too without much resolution. I had it for less than a year before giving up.

Last edited by Gator : May 4, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 05:02 PM   #24
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Omega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Whoever the 3 morons are that voted apple are obviously either are android fanboys or never used a crappy phone from any other carrier.
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 05:07 PM   #25
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

LG, had 2 dares before going back to motorola.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 07:47 PM   #26
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Whoever the 3 morons are that voted apple are obviously either are android fanboys or never used a crappy phone from any other carrier.
To be fair, Apple phones have seen their share of problems. For example, the original iPhone lacked 3g and they pissed a bunch of people off by dropping the price by a few hundred dollars shortly after its release. The iPhone 4 series had that little antenna problem and I have seen more cracked iPhone 4 than any other phone. That doesn't even get into their restrictive marketplace.

I didn't vote for them but I wouldn't totally call someone a moron for voting for them.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:49 PM   #27
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Omega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOmega53 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
To be fair, Apple phones have seen their share of problems. For example, the original iPhone lacked 3g and they pissed a bunch of people off by dropping the price by a few hundred dollars shortly after its release. The iPhone 4 series had that little antenna problem and I have seen more cracked iPhone 4 than any other phone. That doesn't even get into their restrictive marketplace.

I didn't vote for them but I wouldn't totally call someone a moron for voting for them.
I understand that they have their problems, but the question is who is the worst manufacturer of phones. I would hardly call them the worst. Im not calling them the best, but for someone to say that its the worst made phone is laughable.
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 07:55 PM   #28
Pr3tty F1y
Rage3D Veteran

Pr3tty F1y is still being judged by the masses

I highly doubt LG is "worst". They may not make the best/most innovative phones, but there are surely more unreliable.

I will admit that my LG isn't stellar as far as pushing the bleeding edge, but they generally do what they are marketed to do, every day, and don't throw a fit/crack or shatter/break.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 08:49 PM   #29
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

The real worst is probably some Chinese knockoff factory.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:32 PM   #30
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
I understand that they have their problems, but the question is who is the worst manufacturer of phones. I would hardly call them the worst. Im not calling them the best, but for someone to say that its the worst made phone is laughable.
There are always the exception. They may not even make your list but somewhere there is someone that could have had a really crappy experience with Apple. Just as someone could have a great experience with LG. With every poll there is the meaty middle and then far from the normal experience.