Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

"

Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lunkis

Lunkis is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies Catalyst Control Center Major Problems (HD Radeon 5xxx)

Hey guys, I've recently been having the problem of Catalyst Control Center refusing to open. If I right click on my desktop and select Catalyst, I can see it in the task manager but it only uses up about 1k worth of memory.

I've tried a number of fixes that I found online including a clean install w Driver Sweeper, trying to delete token 90ba9c70f846762e in Windows Assembly (I don't have it) and the weird hidden folder toggle fix as well.

When I right click CCC in my task bar my graphics card is listed three times, although it does allow me to disable crossfire from this menu. However, if I disable crossfire in this fashion, I can't enable it until I uninstall and re-install the drivers.

My friend suggested that I may have a problem with my motherboard but he ran a test in BIOS (not sure what it was, I'm not that knowledgable) and he said it didn't say there were any problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Lunkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:30 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

sounds like a .NET problem. Uninstall all AMD video drivers etc., then uninstall .NET 4, reboot, reinstall, patch it, then reboot and reinstall Catalyst drivers.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Lunkis

Hey Caveman,

I followed what you said exactly, and installed Catalyst 12.4; still no results. :/
This is getting increasingly frustrating.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 1, 2012, 02:53 AM   #4
jindan

jindan is still being judged by the masses

Default I've given up on this one

I've been trying for at least a year now to get that damn Catalys Control Center working , I've given up hope. I have win 7 64 bit and the 5xxx radeon mobility card. But there is another issue

The new driver comes with stretch/scaling set such that never stretches the image vertically and adds black padding to the bottom and top, but it stretches it horizontally !!! I cannot set stretch/scaling on my display
The main problem is that the CCC does not work . It has never worked since the first update on my Windows & 64 bit running on an ATI HD 5470. I have tried everything, by everything I mean almost all the the things that I could find through Google to get it to run but it was of no use . I just want to know if it is possible to manually adjust this parameter without the piece of **** Catalyst control center software :| .
I am tired of waiting for and installing their latest Suite which will not work.
jindan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 05:18 AM   #5
Dyre Straits
Rage3D Veteran

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

I was pulling my hair out with this same problem for several months. I finally got it working doing what I posted over under the 12.4 WHQL thread....

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...8&postcount=36

It has nothing to do with .NET at all. Just sayin'.
~Windows 7 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Windows 7 Pro x64~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)

Last edited by Dyre Straits : May 1, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 05:22 AM   #6
Lunkis

Thanks for the post Dyre, I'm going to try it this afternoon.
That's not a solution I've seen posted before though so I have high hopes.

EDIT: I just looked in Users>Name> all that business and I do have an ATI folder, with ACE in it but there's nothing in the ACE folder.

EDIT EDIT: I went an manually deleted AMD and ATI Technologies folders wherever I could find them (in safe mode) and ran a driver sweeper, re-installed catalyst 12.4 and now when I try to launch catalyst I get a new error message! It says "Could not load file or assembly "CLI.Implementation' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"

Last edited by Lunkis : May 1, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:18 AM   #7
Dyre Straits
Rage3D Veteran

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunkis View Post
Thanks for the post Dyre, I'm going to try it this afternoon.
That's not a solution I've seen posted before though so I have high hopes.

EDIT: I just looked in Users>Name> all that business and I do have an ATI folder, with ACE in it but there's nothing in the ACE folder.

EDIT EDIT: I went an manually deleted AMD and ATI Technologies folders wherever I could find them (in safe mode) and ran a driver sweeper, re-installed catalyst 12.4 and now when I try to launch catalyst I get a new error message! It says "Could not load file or assembly "CLI.Implementation' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"
I've been down that road, too!

If I have this problem again with CCC, here's what I intend to do. If you want to try this, do so at your own risk.

After uninstalling the AMD drivers, AND, after uninstalling the Video Card from within Device Manager...with the Check to Uninstall the Drivers there, run CCleaner to clean up any leftovers.

Reboot into Safemode and let Windows install the native VGA drivers for the video card/s.

Then, open up Computer and do a search for...

ati*.dll [NOTE the asterisk...which provides a wild search option.]

If any results appear, note the location. In my case there were two .dll files in that folder I mentioned and they could not be deleted in the normal fashion.

So, if you try to delete any files that are found via Search and they won't delete, go through the steps I listed and try to get them removed.
~Windows 7 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Windows 7 Pro x64~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant knows why the caged bird singsKombatant knows why the caged bird singsKombatant knows why the caged bird singsKombatant knows why the caged bird singsKombatant knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

You should also try and use a driver cleanup tool, that should also help.