Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

"

Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:30 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
I was looking at Sony Vegas Movie Suite HD 11 and Adobe Premier Elements 10. But I'm not sure if they allow editing (blur certain video text, adding titles, animated titles, etc) or encode in high quality.
Im sure they both do as those are (usually) basic functions.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:47 PM   #32
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Im sure they both do as those are (usually) basic functions.
I'll look into them a tad bit more. Do more of a comparison between
Camtasia vs Sony Vegas Movie Suite HD 11 vs Adobe Premier Elements 10 vs Pinnacle Studio HD.

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 17, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:04 PM   #33
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Let me know how it goes for you. Post some videos

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:16 PM   #34
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Let me know how it goes for you. Post some videos
So far Camtasia is working very well for game video editing. Camtasia can make changes like blurring, etc on the fly. For the others I'm not seeing that. I watched videos indicating that you have to create layers (duplicate videos) 1st.

Other effects like title clips, transitions, and editing audio all seem to be pretty well covered from one application to the next. They also seem to also offer screen/desktop recording as well. If the other programs had simple effects that you can put on your video using the preview screen like blurring, etc.

Here's an example of what was done using Camtasia.

If all I wanted to do is upload the round to Youtube any of the free encoding apps are very capable of doing that. But you still want to keep the fluidity, smoothness and overall responsiveness of gameplay the same as much as possible. Even though it's only at 30 or so FPS.

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 18, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:57 PM   #35
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Why blur everyones name out? You see about all of them while playing anyway.

Turn on some AA too

That intro made me cringe though along with the wipe away Just personal preference though. Not bad though.

Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:30 PM   #36
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Why blur everyones name out? You see about all of them while playing anyway.

Turn on some AA too

That intro made me cringe though along with the wipe away Just personal preference though. Not bad though.
How else am I to try out the features . In any case I did another one. Mpeg4 encoding take less time then H.264 so far.

Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:01 PM   #37
ECH1
deal with it

Anyone using Sony Vegas Pro 11?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:17 PM   #38
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrawdaddy79 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrawdaddy79 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I use Vegas Home Studio 11 for my dash cam music videos. $500+ is a little out of my price range.

For bulk encoding from FRAPS, Vegas Home Studio 11 isn't as easy or quick as Expression Encoder for me.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:08 PM   #39
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I use Vegas Home Studio 11 for my dash cam music videos. $500+ is a little out of my price range.

For bulk encoding from FRAPS, Vegas Home Studio 11 isn't as easy or quick as Expression Encoder for me.
Thanks for the insight on Home Studio 11.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:47 PM   #40
tehpikachu
Radeon HD 6870

tehpikachu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
Thanks for the insight on Home Studio 11.
Yeah, I use Vegas Movie Studio 10. It's pretty good. Vegas itself is great.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:59 PM   #41
ECH1
deal with it

Thanks for the info about Sony Vegas Home Studio. FYI to anyone out there Adobe has just released Premier CS6. That engine incorporates OpenCL and supports AMD gpu acceleration. As to what exactly is supported I don't know yet. I was going to try it but they want you to download their streaming program and they give it to you .

Edit:
Fraps also has the ability to Loop Record. More information about it below.
Link

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 24, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:10 PM   #42
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

ECH come up with anything else? Ive been working on a BF3 video but with minimal editing.

Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:36 PM   #43
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
ECH come up with anything else? Ive been working on a BF3 video but with minimal editing.
What have you tried?

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 25, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:38 PM   #44
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Nothing new, just my usual after affects and premiere. Was seeing if you learned anything new that can be passed along

This video is not really full of video effects.. I think it has one and its 7 minutes long. Sometimes I just prefer to keep my videos pure.

Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:56 PM   #45
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Nothing new, just my usual after affects and premiere. Was seeing if you learned anything new that can be passed along

This video is not really full of video effects.. I think it has one and its 7 minutes long. Sometimes I just prefer to keep my videos pure.
I don't have a 7 minute video . But there are plenty of effects I've tried.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:49 AM   #46
ECH1
deal with it

After doing some research on this there are a few things I've noticed that seem to matter when picking video editing software:

64bit support: This allows the software to use more then 2 gigs of virtual address space for large projects.

GPU support: This can help speed up encoding process and the use of other effects and editing the project itself.

Stability: This allows the software to run projects without it crashing.

Royalty Free Tracks: The ability to add copyright free background music to your project without having to look for it yourself.

Library: Decent amount of transitions, titles, and other effects that will allow you to do complete a project as you envisioned it.

Codec Support: All of them seem to offer ample codec support so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Rendering Time: The total time it takes to actually render your final project.

Screen Recorder: Screen recording / screen capturing is an easy way to record what's on your screen and post the video.

Ease of Use: Although there maybe a learning curve for most video editing software tutorials are an invaluable source to help get you started. So it's very important to have a video editing software that has a lot of video editing tutorials (both from the company and user base).

Last edited by ECH1 : May 2, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:52 AM   #47
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrawdaddy79 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrawdaddy79 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Assuming you're actually paying for it, I can't recommend Vegas Movie Studio 11 enough. It's very stable compared to Home Studio 9 (where I had to create videos in 1 minute "chunks" to prevent crashing).

The rendering technique will be the determining factor on how quickly it will render. Some use one core, others use all cores... and there are a lot to choose from.

I will say though that the Royalty Free stuff that comes with the Platinum Edition isn't great, and probably easily obtainable for free.

11 has also gone a bit further in the library of effects route. You can still create your own, but if you don't want to, you aren't forced to. One of the things I'm talking about is in 9, there was no "rolling credits" option. You made the text, and then you created the animation yourself to scroll from one point to the next. Of course the animation would get all screwy at times, and I found it best to use zoom/pan to make text scroll.

Now that 11 has a credit roll option, I have no desire to use it because I've learned the original way.

The learning curve is sharper than most, but there's no shortage of tutorials out there.

Ultimately, get an idea in your head of what you want to do. Download the trials of everything and pick the one you like best.

FWIW I'll plug in my YouTube channel. I used 9 for Episodes 1,2, and 3, and used 9 to create episode 4 but 11 to render it (the projects are completely backwards compatible), and created episode 5 solely with 11.

www.youtube.com/user/NOVAdashcam
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:44 AM   #48
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Assuming you're actually paying for it, I can't recommend Vegas Movie Studio 11 enough. It's very stable compared to Home Studio 9 (where I had to create videos in 1 minute "chunks" to prevent crashing).

The rendering technique will be the determining factor on how quickly it will render. Some use one core, others use all cores... and there are a lot to choose from.

I will say though that the Royalty Free stuff that comes with the Platinum Edition isn't great, and probably easily obtainable for free.

11 has also gone a bit further in the library of effects route. You can still create your own, but if you don't want to, you aren't forced to. One of the things I'm talking about is in 9, there was no "rolling credits" option. You made the text, and then you created the animation yourself to scroll from one point to the next. Of course the animation would get all screwy at times, and I found it best to use zoom/pan to make text scroll.

Now that 11 has a credit roll option, I have no desire to use it because I've learned the original way.

The learning curve is sharper than most, but there's no shortage of tutorials out there.

Ultimately, get an idea in your head of what you want to do. Download the trials of everything and pick the one you like best.

FWIW I'll plug in my YouTube channel. I used 9 for Episodes 1,2, and 3, and used 9 to create episode 4 but 11 to render it (the projects are completely backwards compatible), and created episode 5 solely with 11.

www.youtube.com/user/NOVAdashcam
Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a royalty free website and the ones I found so far want you to pay for it . I would have thought that there were website that offered them for free but I've not found any as of yet.

OT: Interesting video(s). I'm sure others have seen something similar in the past.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:13 PM   #49
ECH1
deal with it

Looks like Vega Pro 12 comes with 64bit support. Has anyone tried it yet?