Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Omega53
Rage3D = serious business

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Starting College next month

Im 27 and Ive finally decided to go to college. Im highly motivated to get my degree and im eager to start. Im going to be majoring in computer and electronic engineering math BA. Wish me luck
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Sazar
F@lding - Is it in you?

Sazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English ChannelSazar once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Im 27 and Ive finally decided to go to college. Im highly motivated to get my degree and im eager to start. Im going to be majoring in computer and electronic engineering math BA. Wish me luck
Good luck, don't procrastinate, don't build up too much debt and watch out for them chicks.

Our little Omega's all grown'd up
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:21 PM   #3
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Get your Doctorate in trolling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Omega53

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Get your Doctorate in trolling?
I tried but they said I was over qualified
AMD Driver Issues
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Omega53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Good luck, don't procrastinate, don't build up too much debt and watch out for them chicks.

Our little Omega's all grown'd up
Ugh chicks.... My greatest weakness
AMD Driver Issues
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:24 PM   #6
xNaquada
Home= PC Gaming Subforum

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I tried but they said I was over qualified
Start your career as a trolling consultant.
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
fantastic!

sounds like a double major or is that really a single major?
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Omega53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encyclopedia_b View Post
fantastic!

sounds like a double major or is that really a single major?
Its actually a single major
AMD Driver Issues
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:30 AM   #9
kepler
Rage3D Spammer

kepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:15 AM   #10
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Ugh chicks.... My greatest weakness
Don't worry, your taking "computer and electronic engineering math BA" you'll be lucky if you have a handful in any given class

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 8Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - 120GiB HD Samsung 840 -
3TiB Seagate Expansion (USB 3.0 external) - PowerColor Radeon R7 260x TurboDuo - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 8.1 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:38 AM   #11
andino
Rage3D Veteran

andino once held a door open for a complete strangerandino once held a door open for a complete strangerandino once held a door open for a complete strangerandino once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wear a rubber.

And don't screw anyone that lives in the same dorm as you.

It gets weird.
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:57 AM   #12
demo
space cadet

demo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:01 AM   #13
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English Channel

Don't **** it up.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:06 AM   #14
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English Channel

Congrats on the decision, I'm a mature (sometimes) student and I must say in the last few years I have learnt more than I ever have. I'm doing CS and corporate management.

Just some words of advice, if you are to succeed be well prepared before you go in especially in regards to maths. If you want good grades you will have to put in some serious effort, the myth about uni being easy is exactly that, unless you want to scrape a pass.

Good luck, I wish you success and I hope you enjoy the experience.

Also there are much more women in computing now if you see where I'm going

Last edited by JohnEJohn : Apr 26, 2012 at 06:09 AM.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:58 AM   #15
nrs421
Rage3D Veteran

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

congrats and good luck. i really hope you like math. that said make sure to keep ahead of the class my reading what they are going to be teaching ahead of time and keeping up with the work.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:10 AM   #16
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThe Luggage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThe Luggage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Computer and electronic engineering math? I've never heard of such a thing. It's like you mixed three seperate degree programs into one. Anyway, good luck and props for getting an education .
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:15 PM   #17
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv is still being judged by the masses

It's never too late to start studying, good decission!

My dad was just offered to take a master and then a doctorate program, he's 58, to bad it's too expensive, otherwise he would have done it, don't miss the oportunity if it's within your possibilities.

I started university a bit young ( 16 ) and miss being able to continue studying after I finished

BEHEMOTH (Desktop):ASUS Maximus V Formula / ThunderFX | Intel Core i7 3770K + Corsair Hydro H100 | Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600 | Dell UltraSharp 2713HM 27" | XFX Radeon R9-290X Black Edition 4GB | Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 + Thermaltake SP-850M | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + CM Storm Sirus | Logitech G105 + Logitech MX Revolution + Gigabyte Krypton | 2 x Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | Sony BD-ROM + LG DVD-RAM DL | Windows 8.1 Pro 64bits

KRAKEN (Laptop):MSI GT70| Intel Core i7 3630QM | 16GB DDR3-1600 | nVidia Geforce GTX680M 4GB @ 1920x1080 17" | 2 x mSATA 128GB SSD RAID0 + 750GB 7200RPM SATA3 | Logitech G700 + Func F-10R | Bluray burner | Windows 8.1 Pro 64bits
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:39 PM   #18
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Don't knock her up.
Fix't
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:42 PM   #19
Omega53

It reads on my paper Electronics/Math/Science BA Im in for some fun
AMD Driver Issues
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:38 PM   #20
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

interesting that would be a BA and not a BS

prepare to do alot of studying and if your not familiar with this site bookmark it and start watching some of the videos

www.khanacademy.com
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:17 PM   #21
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Where are you going? That just doesn't even sound like a real degree. You should be looking for a BS or BSE degree, I've never heard of a BA engineering degree.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:22 PM   #22
Omega53

Mistype by me, its a BS degree
AMD Driver Issues
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:35 PM   #23
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Well, that's better but it still sounds weird. Make sure it's an ABET accredited school.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:44 PM   #24
Omega53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
Well, that's better but it still sounds weird. Make sure it's an ABET accredited school.
It is. Its a state college. Once im done here at the community college University of Delware will accept my credits to finish my degree
AMD Driver Issues
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:36 AM   #25
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThe Luggage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThe Luggage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
It reads on my paper Electronics/Math/Science BA Im in for some fun
It sounds like you don't even know what you're really doing. If someone asks you what is your major, what are you going to tell them? Electronics/Math/Science isn't much of an answer.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:20 AM   #26
AllexxisF1
Resident Liberal.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
"What lovely girls. How would you like a life of luxury and deceit?" - Thorton Melon

(One of the best comedies of all time)

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : Apr 27, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:24 AM   #27
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English Channel

How is your maths?

I only ask this because I almost failed my first year due to the lack of foresight to get upto standards with the math before I started the degree.

In the end I had to to an A level in maths on top of the semester, basically relearning everything I had forgotten/not studied before and dismissing 10 years or so of bad habits at the same time of trying to learn the advanced stuff.....

Seriously consider doing a maths sandwich course before you start else you may be in for a nasty surprise.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:19 AM   #28
squid
Crack attack

squid once held a door open for a complete strangersquid once held a door open for a complete strangersquid once held a door open for a complete strangersquid once held a door open for a complete stranger

enjoy university, pick up chicks, get drunk, and then settle into your nice soul-stealing, poor paying, abusive torture den of an engineering job
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:53 AM   #29
Omega53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
How is your maths?

I only ask this because I almost failed my first year due to the lack of foresight to get upto standards with the math before I started the degree.

In the end I had to to an A level in maths on top of the semester, basically relearning everything I had forgotten/not studied before and dismissing 10 years or so of bad habits at the same time of trying to learn the advanced stuff.....

Seriously consider doing a maths sandwich course before you start else you may be in for a nasty surprise.
My math is excellent. Way back in high school I doubled up on math classes each year so I was in calc ap by my junior year. I took the pretest at the college and they suggested I start in calculus.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 26, 2012, 05:10 PM   #30
Omega53

Well I start class on tuesday!!! I cant wait. Wish me luck gents
AMD Driver Issues