Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselZero exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default My next Darwin award nominee is...

this broad:

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...ne-report?bn=1

GENEVA—Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reports that a woman starved to death after embarking on a spiritual diet that required her to stop eating or drinking and live off sunlight alone.

The Zurich newspaper reported Wednesday that the unnamed Swiss woman in her fifties decided to follow the radical fast in 2010 after viewing an Austrian documentary about an Indian guru who claims to have lived this way for 70 years.

Tages-Anzeiger says there have been similar cases of self-starvation in Germany, Britain and Australia.

The prosecutors’ office in the Swiss canton (state) of Aargau confirmed Wednesday that the woman died in January 2011 in the town of Wolfhalden in eastern Switzerland.

Spokeswoman Jennifer Rissi says prosecutors haven’t opened a criminal investigation over the woman’s death.

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Shadowless
U Mad Bro?

Shadowless knows why the caged bird singsShadowless knows why the caged bird singsShadowless knows why the caged bird singsShadowless knows why the caged bird singsShadowless knows why the caged bird sings

What a ****ing tard
Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.0GHz | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Samsung 830 SSD | 1TB Samsung HDD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | MSI Hawk Radeon HD 6870 w/ Arctic Twin Turbo II | CrossFireX | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750 | Acer D241Hbmi | Windows 8.1 Pro

MSI ATX Case | MSI Z68A-G45 | Intel Core i5 2400 | Delux Infinity Air Cooler | 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 160GB Western Digital SATA | 16x Samsung DVD-R/RW | Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 | CoolMax 400w Power Supply | Samsung 21" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRimm862 View Post
...if it wasn't for my mac my penis would be dry and brittle by now. Thank god. No thank mac. :heart:
Shadowless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:58 PM   #3
AGibbon
heh

AGibbon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAGibbon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Aaaaahhh the ole Vitamin D diet? It doesn't work on mortals.
8 gigs Crucial DDR3-1333 Memory
1x LG sata Optical drive
1x WD sata (1TB) Black
1x Maxtor (320 gig external)
Asus Xonar D2X Sound Card
CM-GX 750w P.S.U.
2x Asus VS229 IPS monitors
Cooler Master 932 HAF Case
Win7 x64

http://www.theville.org HL Mod gaming at its best.
AGibbon is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:56 PM   #4
sandorski
Rage3D Veteran

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Apparently, she wasn't a Plant.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:59 PM   #5
kepler
Rage3D Spammer

kepler doesn't need no stinkin' badgeskepler doesn't need no stinkin' badgeskepler doesn't need no stinkin' badgeskepler doesn't need no stinkin' badgeskepler doesn't need no stinkin' badgeskepler doesn't need no stinkin' badgeskepler doesn't need no stinkin' badgeskepler doesn't need no stinkin' badges

This has been going on for a long time. More than a few people have died from it.

Quote:
The Solar Healing Center is focused on helping humanity to develop a better understanding of how the sun can be used to heal the mind, body and spirit as demonstrated by Hira Ratan Manek, who, as a result of sungazing, has claimed better physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.

Hira Ratan Manek (HRM), among others, have proven that a person can live just on solar energy for very long periods without eating any food. This has come to be known as the HRM phenomenon. The method is used for curing all kinds of psychosomatic, mental and physical illnesses as well as increasing memory power and mental strength by using sunlight. One can get rid of any kind of psychological problems, and develop confidence to face any problem in life and can overcome any kind of fear including that of death within 3 months after starting to practice this method. As a result, one will be free from mental disturbances and fear, which will result in a perfect balance of mind. If one continues to apply the proper sungazing practice for 6 months, they will be free from physical illnesses. Furthermore, after 9 months, one can eventually win a victory over hunger, which disappears by itself thereafter.

This is a straight-forward yet effective method based on solar energy, which enables one to harmonize and recharge the body with life energy and also invoke the unlimited powers of the mind very easily. Additionally, it allows one to easily liberate from threefold sufferings of humanity such as mental illnesses, physical illnesses and spiritual ignorance.

We welcome you to explore and empower yourself with HRM's teachings on how the sun can heal you!
http://solarhealing.com/
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 04:00 PM   #6
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

Razeus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Razeus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Razeus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Razeus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Razeus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Razeus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandorski View Post
Old Apr 25, 2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Sazar
F@lding - Is it in you?

Sazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
This has been going on for a long time. More than a few people have died from it.

http://solarhealing.com/
Well, you have to admit, if you die, you truly do overcome hunger, physical illness, mental illness and spiritual ignorance
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGibbon View Post
Aaaaahhh the ole Vitamin D diet? It doesn't work on mortals.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:21 PM   #9
Greasy
Rage3D Veteran

Greasy can recite pi backwardsGreasy can recite pi backwardsGreasy can recite pi backwardsGreasy can recite pi backwardsGreasy can recite pi backwardsGreasy can recite pi backwardsGreasy can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I laughed out loud!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:32 PM   #10
DorXtar
they're real

DorXtar is still being judged by the masses

One does not simply stop eating. That's just stupid. You need to slowly wean yourself off of food. Everyone knows that.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:45 PM   #11
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

She didnt die, she's just in hibernation flux until the sun comes back....because its winter and there is no sun.....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:45 PM   #12
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
+1 for making me almost blast my keyboard with water.
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:19 AM   #13
Skynet
Babulerman Apprentice

Skynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badges

She might have been a plant, did anyone actually try to put here in potting soil and water her? No they did not.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:22 AM   #14
Bigfoot
Rag Doll

Bigfoot can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBigfoot can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBigfoot can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
She might have been a plant, did anyone actually try to put here in potting soil and water her? No they did not.
Well shes in the soil now.

Sad, sad, sad.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:36 AM   #15
Skynet
Babulerman Apprentice

Skynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSkynet doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They told me I could be anything, so I became a seed in the ground.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:32 AM   #16
Starion15
Hi...no you may not!

Starion15 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyStarion15 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyStarion15 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I wonder if she forgot to send 5 magic rings to 5 special young people?
“When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movement become headlong— faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thought of obstacles and forget that a precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it’s too late.”
Starion15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:14 AM   #17
Guybo
Anonymous Proletariat

Guybo is still being judged by the masses

Maybe Geneva is just too far north for this to work? India gets more direct sunlight. Maybe she was a tropical plant trying to feed in a temperate zone?
Guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:39 PM   #18
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Well, you have to admit, if you die, you truly do overcome hunger, physical illness, mental illness and spiritual ignorance
After starving for a while, your body just gives up and you don't even feel hunger anymore. And you start having illusions and can't think properly. That's why people can literally starve to death, even if there is food right in the next room.

"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:16 PM   #19
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How long did she live on this diet?

If she lasted more than a few days without water, she may have stumbled on something...

Quote:
If you know the lisp variant Clojure and would want to move to the Chicago area, PM me.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:23 PM   #20
Eisberg
Lettuce? I don't get it

Eisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I read this article about this scientist that wanted to prove that the need to eat was just in the mind, and that we didn't need to actually eat. Just when he was going to prove it, he had to stop, because his donkey died
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:53 PM   #21
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke is not someone to be trifled withOzzieBloke is not someone to be trifled withOzzieBloke is not someone to be trifled withOzzieBloke is not someone to be trifled withOzzieBloke is not someone to be trifled withOzzieBloke is not someone to be trifled withOzzieBloke is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
I read this article about this scientist that wanted to prove that the need to eat was just in the mind, and that we didn't need to actually eat. Just when he was going to prove it, he had to stop, because his donkey died
What?
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:27 AM   #22
Shapeshifter
Rage3D Veteran

Shapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
What?
he was not feeding his donkey, thus it died.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:28 AM   #23
0091/2
Rage3D Veteran

0091/2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
What?
He stopped because his sense came to right after the donkey satiated his hunger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
he was not feeding his donkey, thus it died.
Oh, so the donkey was the experiment. I knew that. I was think the same thing.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:49 AM   #24
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
She is now....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote