Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Apr 25, 2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
fellix_bg
Don't lettuce on me!

fellix_bg once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'fellix_bg once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'fellix_bg once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'fellix_bg once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'fellix_bg once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'fellix_bg once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Thumbs up Reset -- madness!

Reset is a single player co-op first person puzzle game being developed for PC by Theory Interactive Ltd.

Quote:
The debut trailer for our first game Reset. Everything you see in the trailer is straight from the in-game engine, no up-ressed textures, geometry or effects. What you see is what you will get. Except hopefully a little bit better since we're not even in alpha yet.
Official site

fellix_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Hope it doesnt run like ****. Looks impressive for a pre-alpha engine.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:10 PM   #3
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:16 PM   #4
john2
Rage3D Veteran

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Bring it on. This is the image fidelity we should be getting these days on the PC
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:45 PM   #5
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

theshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete stranger

Nice. Hope to see some gameplay soon.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:19 AM   #6
Chubz
It's a strange condition.

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Wow.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:48 AM   #7
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Omega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Nice. Hope to see some gameplay soon.
Screw gameplay, Id be happy just walking around with gfx like that
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:53 AM   #8
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Looks decent.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:43 AM   #9
Silent-Runner
the not so crazy kraut

Silent-Runner doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSilent-Runner doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSilent-Runner doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSilent-Runner doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSilent-Runner doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSilent-Runner doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSilent-Runner doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSilent-Runner doesn't need no stinkin' badges

That looks very impressive. Hope the gameplay will turn out good too, and yay for the co op.
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:32 AM   #10
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

badboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete stranger

is it an indie studio?
those graphics are sick!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Sweetz
Rage3D Veteran

Sweetz can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySweetz can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've watched this like 10 times now. I can't possibly understand how it could be real-time...and there's an important point. It says it's in-engine, but doesn't say it's real-time. Not that I think they'd be that dubious, but the omission of that qualifier seems a little suspicious to me.

It's the lighting that blows my mind. Looks like global illumination. There's been many attempts to do GI in game engines, none of them came to fruition.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:15 PM   #12
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

CoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
That looks very impressive. Hope the gameplay will turn out good too, and yay for the co op.
In case you missed it or I may be mistaken but it's a Single player game with the ability to do coop with your self via time travel.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:26 PM   #13
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
In case you missed it or I may be mistaken but it's a Single player game with the ability to do coop with your self via time travel.
That was pretty lame when that game on Impulse did it.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:17 PM   #14
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Has my interest but need to see gameplay.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:02 AM   #15
H-Alien
Rage3D Veteran

H-Alien is still being judged by the masses

graphics are nice...I'm wondering if they can actually pull it off. I mean apparently it's a puzzle game, not a fast paced action shooter thingy..so they might just do it graphics wise.
H-Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:27 AM   #16
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
I've watched this like 10 times now. I can't possibly understand how it could be real-time...and there's an important point. It says it's in-engine, but doesn't say it's real-time. Not that I think they'd be that dubious, but the omission of that qualifier seems a little suspicious to me.
yep, same boat here. i'm apprehensive that this is like one of those cases where they say "ingame footage" and they aren't lying because you do see this ingame, but you don't actually play it.

this apprehension is mostly because i can't believe how gorgeous this looks. having it playable like this would be incredible.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:02 AM   #17
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm sure all the real-time rendered in-game cutscenes are going to look absolutely fantastic, based on that sample.

I'm also sure that the actual real-time gameplay is not going to look that good at all.

Why?

Because of the animation. The biggest hurdle that is yet to be overcome in games today is realistic movement of characters, especially the player-controlled one. Their current movements defy physics, and I don't mean the obvious things like super-jumping; in every game I've played, there is no accounting for changing direction abruptly, no inertia built into the animations for when you stop and back up abruptly, etc. All of this just destroys the immersion because the movement is mechanical, even beyond real-world mechanical.

Until a game is made where the animation is appropriately designed to reflect more realistic movement inertia, friction with the ground and collision detection and interaction with the ground and other objects is done realistically (so damn tired of "floating feet" that slide, turn, and skid without taking into account surface contact or friction), all the pretty visuals in the world won't immerse you further than where graphics already are today.
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:53 PM   #18
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

CoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
I'm sure all the real-time rendered in-game cutscenes are going to look absolutely fantastic, based on that sample.

I'm also sure that the actual real-time gameplay is not going to look that good at all.

Why?

Because of the animation. The biggest hurdle that is yet to be overcome in games today is realistic movement of characters, especially the player-controlled one. Their current movements defy physics, and I don't mean the obvious things like super-jumping; in every game I've played, there is no accounting for changing direction abruptly, no inertia built into the animations for when you stop and back up abruptly, etc. All of this just destroys the immersion because the movement is mechanical, even beyond real-world mechanical.

Until a game is made where the animation is appropriately designed to reflect more realistic movement inertia, friction with the ground and collision detection and interaction with the ground and other objects is done realistically (so damn tired of "floating feet" that slide, turn, and skid without taking into account surface contact or friction), all the pretty visuals in the world won't immerse you further than where graphics already are today.

With one exception in terms of animation engines Euphoria is the only one that can fluently animate characters realistically as it's not relying on conned animations but the physics behind the movement, check out Max Payne 3 for an example of good animations.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:15 PM   #19
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Also helps to have a machine as character, which the trailers seem to hint at.
Animating humans or animals we have stored motion patterns for in our brains are very difficult since minute details will break it.
Probably one of the reasons Jurrassic Park hold up so well, noone has the motion patterns of dinosaurs ingrained..

And if it´s a puzzle game, the things the character has to be able to do can be pretty limited, depending on how it´s played.
But it generally dont need the same flexibility as a action game with combat and stuff.

Last edited by jolle : Apr 27, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
jolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:43 PM   #20
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
With one exception in terms of animation engines Euphoria is the only one that can fluently animate characters realistically as it's not relying on conned animations but the physics behind the movement, check out Max Payne 3 for an example of good animations.
Just took a look at that, and it certainly is a big step in the right direction. However, it's still got that mechanical look to it that just doens't look quite believable. I'd like to see realistic movement before the end of this decade.
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:52 AM   #21
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

Looks increadable, hopefully it won't be released until 2029
Old Nov 3, 2013, 06:33 AM   #22
Napoleonic
Rage3D Veteran

Napoleonic is still being judged by the masses

Old Nov 3, 2013, 07:10 AM   #23
fierro
Radeon HD 6870

fierro is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Gameplay??? It looked more like a short movie without any plot. Anyways, it does look 'nice'. Sometimes the lighting looks unbelievable and others, meh.
fierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2013, 08:59 AM   #24
Thorney
Radeon HD 6950

Thorney is still being judged by the masses

The plot didn't suggest itself until I looked at the screen shots where you get a better look at where that reddish, hellish glow is coming from...

If everything is looking a little monochrome sixteen years in the past...

Volcanic Winter

Evidently RESET is about reconstructive terraforming with *gulp* nobody alive to see it.
Thorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2013, 05:18 PM   #25
Thr0tt
Rage3D Veteran

Thr0tt is still being judged by the masses

Needs portal guns and comical gestures.
Specs: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P | AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz | Sapphire RADEON HD 7850 (Latest Cats) CCC | 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel | Hanns-G HH281 28" LCD | X-Fi Ultimate Gamer (5.1) | LiteOn DH20A4P DVD-RW | Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick | Win7 Ultimate
Thr0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2013, 09:00 AM   #26
Redeemed
Rage3D Veteran

Redeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Graphics looks nice, but not so sure I'd be interested in this. Animations and physics seem a bit unrealistic, but I'm sure this is just a very early build.

Who knows, if it's cheap enough I may pick it up just to give it a go. Took me forever to beat Portal, still haven't beaten the 2nd one yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
congratulations on the anniversary of your emancipation from the Great Uterine Squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
There are two types of people in the world: those that are humble and those that will be.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2013, 06:31 PM   #27
Thorney
Radeon HD 6950

The screen shots from twenty months ago look identical to what we see now. I already know from looking at the features in the screenies, I'll be happy with > 10 FPS with everything turned on.

Ever since then they've been transitioning their graphics engine into a "production environment." suitable to build a game upon. I think they would readily admit the physics have been a struggle, especially since the puzzles are physics based. I suppose the physics engine is from scratch too, at least I don't see any licenses mentioned.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:09 AM   #28
Thorney
Radeon HD 6950

This campaign has reached its goal and will receive all funds raised. Funding duration: November 11, 2013 - December 23, 2013

€70,577EUR Raised of €65,000 Goal - 2 hours remaining

About 37,000 raised, 47% of the goal, in the last three days. Up to and over 1,000 per hour since yesterday.

For future reference: setting end date of crowd funding just before Christmas; REALLY GOOD IDEA. Looks like the gift of RESET will be in many Christmas stockings... one hopefully that can be opened before next Christmas.

Last edited by Thorney : Dec 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM.