Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
sittal
Rage3D Spammer

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Stalker 2 cancelled - Replaced with Survarium (F2P MMOFPS)

Quote:
The reason we cannot continue with the development of Stalker 2 is we and our new investors we unable to come to an agreement with the IP rights onwer. The entire team that was working on Stalker is now working on a new project called Survarium. We are so grateful for the support over the years and despite our best efforts we have to move on from Stalker which is as hard for us as it is for you. However, we feel that our new studio and project will be something unique and fill the void left by Stalker as well as add a lot more! -Your Stalker Team-
src: http://www.facebook.com/officialstalker

http://survarium.com/en/

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 04:35 PM   #2
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwards

so basically the future of the fps genre is either a cod clone with multiplayer focus and a 4 hour campaign, or a free mmo?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
so basically the future of the fps genre is either a cod clone with multiplayer focus and a 4 hour campaign, or a free mmo?
Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:36 PM   #4
night
Rage3D Veteran

night is still being judged by the masses

Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Xplode
Rage3D Veteran

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

This is some BULLLLLSSSHIIITTT
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Sir Duke
Radeon HD 7970

Sir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

if they have quests like structure and a free open world to explore, I wouldn't mind the mmo aspect of it.
Sir Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nice they are being so open but the whole online MMO part just plain sucks. They state other reasons but you know the main reason they picked online MMO so no one can pirate it, plain and simple.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:51 PM   #8
xNaquada
Home= PC Gaming Subforum

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

This is why I wish I was a very rich person. I would bankroll PC Game studios like this.

I was really looking forward to to Stalker 2.

Survivarum or whatever seems ok, and I'll probably try it (Its free so no reason not to unless it's a disaster) , but it'll be no stalker.
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:56 PM   #9
nutcrackr
Rage3D Spammer

nutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled with

Unhappy goodbye stalker

Five years ago you graced my eyes
With frequent and distant bloodsucker cries
Good and bad I've seen it through
In Labs and Warehouses, I was scared there too

Taken too soon from the gaming world
Much more magic still left unfurled
I'll remember fondly my first emission
And my first radioactive condition

"Get out of here Stalker" I heard you say
But despite your warning I would not go away
The atmosphere your produced was second to none
And I'll never forget the powerful gauss gun

So goodbye Stalker, you fickle beast
You've earned this rest at the very least
Forgive me now as I groan
I'm heading back into the Zone
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:16 PM   #10
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't understand why they didn't have rights to a game they created?
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:23 PM   #11
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I don't understand why they didn't have rights to a game they created?

It comes down to a publisher thing. A developer, lets say Bioware can create all the various settings/characters/etc for a game but part of that is owned by whoever puts the 1's and 0's on a disc. Hence you get Mass Effect for the 360/PC and partially owned by Microsoft where Mass 2 and 3 were published by EA so it's on everything.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:23 AM   #12
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

badboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete stranger

a stalker like mmofps could be good if they make it right
But no one has yet made a good mmofps

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:54 AM   #13
poohbear
Rage3D Veteran

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

as much as i liked the original stalker, the sequels were just flops. didn't enjoy any of em! the bugs were simply too much & couldnt bear it!
2500k @ 4.4ghz @ 1.35v on Noctua NH-D14, 16GB (2x8gb) Crucial Ballistex @ CL9-9-9-24, Gigabyte Z68 UD4 B3, Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI, 240gb OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition & 2TB WD Black, Auzentech Forte 7.1, Seasonic 760wt Platinum, Corsair 300R, Win7 64
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:57 AM   #14
GARY OAK
Radeon HD 6850

GARY OAK is still being judged by the masses

get out of here stalker, "stalker 2 cancelled" NO dont go
GARY OAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:47 PM   #15
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Im out of here Stalker.
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:22 PM   #16
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Nice they are being so open but the whole online MMO part just plain sucks. They state other reasons but you know the main reason they picked online MMO so no one can pirate it, plain and simple.
Either you or they are unfamiliar with the ingenuity and dedication of software piracy.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:47 AM   #17
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG is still being judged by the masses

NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:11 AM   #18
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Good riddance.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:34 AM   #19
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Bugger. I was looking forward to another atmospheric game. Oh well. Let's see if Survarium or whatever it is called is any good...
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:35 PM   #20
SteveButabi
Did you just grab my ass?

SteveButabi is still being judged by the masses

That sucks. No more new wacky adventures in the stalker universe. I'm guessing this MMOFPS will be pretty close though. I'll just fire up the old ones once in a while since they're better than any game KAC likes
SteveButabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:56 PM   #21
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

now that i think about it, 3 games in the zone really was enough. if they were going to take the same style of gameplay and move it to a new location or something for stalker 2, that would have been great. but if it was going to be yet another game in the zone, then i don't know... it's not as big a loss as it seems. maybe this new game will let them be creative and choose a new setting.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:36 PM   #22
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
now that i think about it, 3 games in the zone really was enough. if they were going to take the same style of gameplay and move it to a new location or something for stalker 2, that would have been great. but if it was going to be yet another game in the zone, then i don't know... it's not as big a loss as it seems. maybe this new game will let them be creative and choose a new setting.
The thing about The Zone though is that it is somewhat tied to a realworld environment, where a real nuclear disaster happened, and many of the settings are believable as they represent realworld architecture. That in itself makes me feel something more for the game than a completely artificial environment.

Still, here's hoping their next effort does something interesting.
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:53 PM   #23
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
The thing about The Zone though is that it is somewhat tied to a realworld environment, where a real nuclear disaster happened, and many of the settings are believable as they represent realworld architecture. That in itself makes me feel something more for the game than a completely artificial environment.
i understand that, but at the same time it also ties their hands in terms of the entire setting of the game. if they wanted to make another stalker game, they would most likely have to set in the zone again because that's the only place the stalker universe makes sense. and i honestly do believe that 3 games in the same area is enough. hopefully with this new game they will be able to keep all the gameplay elements that made the stalker series great and also find a new, probably imaginary setting to give the game a fresh feeling.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:19 AM   #24
felikx
Rage3D Veteran

felikx is still being judged by the masses

OH BOB SAGET
felikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:41 AM   #25
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
I think that Stalker 2 could be good if they made it as epic as the original Stalker was intended to be (truly open environment, faction wars, etc). I could see it being one big send off for the zone.

But, after thinking about it, I think you're right: after 3 games the zone has sort of run its course. So the cancellation isn't as big of a loss as it might have been.

Last edited by Nagorak : Apr 29, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:56 AM   #26
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

Slightly off-topic here guys, but I only ever played the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R., i'm thinking of playing through them all. Should I start with Clear Sky as it's the prequel, or does it not really matter story wise, could I pick up any and just play?

Also, any mods I should check out? Ty in advance chaps.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:04 AM   #27
JonZ
ka-shing

JonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundJonZ can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

probably released in 10 years

2x GTX680 SLI
Core i7 4770k 3.50ghz Haswell @ not OCed yet
Corsair TX850M PSU

G.Skills 4x2gb ddr3 1600mhz

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H mobo
Corsair H100i cooler
OCZ 120 SSD Vertex 3 SATA3 (OS).
Samsng 480 Pro 256gb (capture/swap)
4xWestern Digital 2gb HDD
some other old WD HDDs
Asus Xonar DX PCIE soundcard

Triple Dell 2713HM Monitors 2560x1440
Logitech G700 mouse and G19 keyboard

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Intel Quad Core Q9650 @ 400FSBx9 3600ghz
Asus P5Q-EM

4x 2gb DDR2 800mhz CORSAIR RAM (5-5-5-18)
Corsair 550w PSU
Hauppauge 1850 PCIE capture card
2x2tb HDD Western Digital RAID mirrored
Toshiba 40" LCD tv screen
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:07 AM   #28
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
What a racist team!!!
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:46 AM   #29
lumpyhed
nyannyannyannyan

lumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpedkevin View Post
Slightly off-topic here guys, but I only ever played the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R., i'm thinking of playing through them all. Should I start with Clear Sky as it's the prequel, or does it not really matter story wise, could I pick up any and just play?

Also, any mods I should check out? Ty in advance chaps.
I could never get on with Clear Sky. Still doesnt perform all that great even now I would suggest playing the original again but properly modded up. hopefully by then that pripyat mod that adds all areas from previous games and more will be out
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:58 AM   #30
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty