Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:21 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
Always serious.

Mangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Have they fixed the aiming yet?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:52 PM   #182
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
not yet, last time we heard they were working on it and doing testing...
hopefully before christmas, they will release it in the next patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:56 AM   #183
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
the patch that supposedly fixes it is out now.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:17 PM   #184
Blasphemer
Rage3D Veteran

Blasphemer is still being judged by the masses

Just started this game, so disappointed I can barely put it into words. Awful, frustrating and such a let down are some, but they don't really cover it. Played UC1 and loved it, UC2 was just amazing and some of the most movie-like gaming I have ever played (except for the last level fight, I mean run-turn-shoot sap, a DOZEN TIMES?) but the graphics on the early levels of UC3 are just so lacklustre compared to UC2. Jaggies, bad textures. I wish I hadn't bought it and just stayed with my memories of UC2. I probably won't play it again.
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 07:07 PM   #185
nutcrackr
Rage3D Spammer

nutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled with

Well the new aiming is better but imo it doesn't save the game from cheap spawns and difficulty spikes. I'm done with this game, have no desire to continue my second play through. It is extremely overrated.

Chapter 20:
If you just press forward with your controller, the horse drake is on will auto navigate the canyon, even on CRUSHING. It's essentially a push forward cut scene :/

Last edited by nutcrackr : Dec 2, 2011 at 07:21 PM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 09:02 PM   #186
t0adp1p3
Rage3D Veteran

t0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwards

Watched my daughter(s) play this, and I and they agree it was definitely worse looking and less fun than UC2. Our shared opinion is UC2>UC1>UC3. UC3 just never had any really funny moments, like the other two had; it also didn't impress graphically at all. Still a great game though and they had a blast.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 09:23 PM   #187
Sharkfood
Rage3D Veteran

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

Well, I finally have a few hours in this game, and I pretty much agree with the people here that I think UC2 was a much better game than 3. I'm still enjoying it though and I like the 3D a lot. :-)

Still, I feel both UC3 and UC2 are much, much better than the first. So in my book: UC2>UC3>UC1 would be my order of best to worst. I think overall the whole series was pretty awesome, but the pinnacle to-date was #2.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:57 PM   #188
Dodongo77
Rage3D Veteran

Dodongo77 is still being judged by the masses

I finished the campaign yesterday. Was it just me or was this A LOT slower paced than the second game? Seems like there was a large chunk of the game where you couldn't move faster than a walk. Not to mention the larger focus on melee combat.

Of course, the melee combat got old pretty damn fast because it is extremely repetitive, it takes too goddamn long, and enemies can still riddle you with bullet while you are engaged. I had this one encounter where I could see the laser sighting on me as I was taking on one of those shotgun troopers. As soon as he was down I got shot by the sniper with no way to avoid the one shot kill. ****ing great...

The combat scenarios could also be extremely unsatisfying. The shotgun *******s take WAAAAY too many bullets to get down. It was fine when I was just taking down a few guys in a linear corridor but whenever the game opened up into "arenas" I would feel extremely overwhelmed very fast. Grenade spam, snipers, the shotgun *******s, ugh. The one in the shipyard/ship graveyard was THE ****ING WORST. I must have died on that area 2 dozen times.

At least the end sequence was better than the second game. No stupid blue guys and no terrible "boss".

I feel like Naughty Dog struggled with how to craft the story they wanted to tell into an interactive experience. I think they used the slower paced segments and the guided chase sequences to take the place of cutscenes and sometimes that maybe wasn't the best idea.

Then you've got these often times ridiculous combat encounters where there were just too many enemies. I would have rather killed 3 dozen enemies in the entire game and have them be meaningful kills rather than the waved based arena approach. Does it really add to anything but the length of playtime?

It sort of like how I feel about the Tomb Raider games. Those games are all about the puzzles and navigation. They really don't need ANY combat and yet there it is in all its lackluster glory.

Now I think gun combat absolutely has a place in Uncharted but it shouldn't be something I dread. The strength of the Uncharted games are the characters, the writing, and the setpieces. The gunplay isn't better than Modern Warfare, the melee combat isn't better than Batman, the navigation isn't better than Assassin's Creed, and the puzzles aren't better than Tomb Raider. And everytime I'm playing and I come face to face with those realizations it just means the game is doing something wrong.

Maybe Uncharted needs to be an adventure game? Maybe it just needs to be a movie/tv show? Uncharted 3 has its moments but overall I walk away from it feeling fairly unsatisfied.
Dodongo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:09 AM   #189
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

^ completely agree with your post. i too would prefer that uncharted was more of an adventure game but i think the fact is that after 2 games, the audience expects drake to be a mass murderer and that's why they put in so much combat. and the combat doesn't really work well... like you, i found myself in situations where i'm in the quick time sequence trying to fight off an enemy and laser locks on to my head and blows it to bits. then you have enemies that are bullet sponges, unbelievably crappy spawning, pixel perfect grenades and loose combat, especially in cases where the whole map is moving (like the ship and the ending)... there were more than a few times when i was frustrated as hell with the game.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:42 PM   #190
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
^ completely agree with your post. i too would prefer that uncharted was more of an adventure game but i think the fact is that after 2 games, the audience expects drake to be a mass murderer and that's why they put in so much combat. and the combat doesn't really work well... like you, i found myself in situations where i'm in the quick time sequence trying to fight off an enemy and laser locks on to my head and blows it to bits. then you have enemies that are bullet sponges, unbelievably crappy spawning, pixel perfect grenades and loose combat, especially in cases where the whole map is moving (like the ship and the ending)... there were more than a few times when i was frustrated as hell with the game.
I said the same thing about Uncharted one, but I guess people have different BS thresholds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 05:20 PM   #191
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

I beat it twice and enjoyed it. I think the problem was that UC3 was trying to be more of a platform shooter than a platform exploration game like UC2. I didnt have any problems with the graphics. They did an excellent job on the lighting and art work in this game even though I think UC2 did look better.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:30 AM   #192
Curtis
Banned

Curtis is still being judged by the masses

The idea of this game is very unique and it is very famous in these days
and it is similar to the killzone.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:00 PM   #193
demo
space cadet

demo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
The idea of this game is very unique and it is very famous in these days
and it is similar to the killzone.
+1
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:45 AM   #194
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English Channel

Finished this game on hard in 9.5 hrs. Was a nice romp. Really enjoyed it. My rating is UC2>UC1>UC3; however, game itself is still a 9 for me. Some of the maps towards the end were awesome.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:26 PM   #195
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Uncharted Drake's Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 02:57 PM   #196
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
Uncharted Drake's Devotion

pwnt
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:15 PM   #197
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

just started playing this.

its 2012 and still there isn't a single video game that looks this good!!!

Sure, the textures are low res and the game could use some AA... but the character models are amazing, the lighting is great and the environments are amazingly detailed.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:18 PM   #198
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Wait till you get to the sandy side of things...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:52 AM   #199
Osirus
Rage3D Veteran

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Replaying it after i got a new TV, and
This game is awesome in 3D

the france level with the burning down building, the sinking ship level, omg!!
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:55 AM   #200
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

It works in 3D. Dayem! Should've played that way...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:41 AM   #201
Mangler
Always serious.

Mangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I thought the 3d was pretty lame, it had way too many visual sacrifices.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:04 AM   #202
demo
space cadet

demo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Theres only 1 decent PS3 game in 3D imo, and thats Grand Turismo, plays at 720p 2xAA 60fps and has adjustable convergence.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:53 AM   #203
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

There is also Mortal Kombat.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:51 AM   #204
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

finished!!!

great ending

Not the best game in the series, but still great

i wanna play the PSV Uncharted now
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:42 PM   #205
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post

Prepare to be disappointed.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:53 PM   #206
Renocide
Rage3D Veteran

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
Prepare to be entertained!

It's not quite up to the full console version experience but it's amazing that you can get the experience this close with a handheld device!
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 01:03 AM   #207
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

I find the PSV Uncharted as good as the console. It is really well done and finding all clues and crap is pretty ****ing hard lol.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:31 PM   #208
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I find the PSV Uncharted as good as the console. It is really well done and finding all clues and crap is pretty ****ing hard lol.
KAC i cant believe youre saying that.. especially being the graphics whore you are.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 07:24 PM   #209
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

For a handheld, it is unrivaled in graphics imo. Hence, the brownie points for it.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:45 PM   #210
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

glad I got to play it before my PS3 crapped out on me.