Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

"

Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Lettuce? I don't get it

Eisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default looking to buy a new gamepad

So I have some games that I want to play that are better to play with a gamepad. Currently I have the Xbox360 gamepad, but it is not directinput compatible which is what some of my games need. So I am thinking of buying another gamepad.

I am leaning towards the Logitech F310 there is the F510 but the only difference seems to be the rumble in the F510 which doesn't really matter to me.

Does anybody else have any other recommendations for a gamepad that does Directinput for older games like Prince of Persia series? Looking for something under $30 USD.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Mystik
Rage3D Veteran

Mystik is still being judged by the masses

I have both the Rumblepad2 and the F510.
Both working fine except the d-pad on the rumblepad now feels a bit too squishy
after all these years of having it.

I find the rumble doesn't seem to get used very much with games.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:32 PM   #3
Sweetz
Rage3D Veteran

Sweetz can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySweetz can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hold on a sec. The 360 controller most definitely is DirectInput compatible. It's detected as a 5 axis, 10 button controller in DirectInput stuff. You just don't get rumble with it without jumping through hoops and the triggers are setup as one axis instead of each trigger being it's own axis. In any case, I definitely used mine to play through the PoP trilogy. If you have a wireless controller, just make sure it's turned on before you start the game.

Probably best just to sort out why it's not being detected for you than get a new gamepad for some old games.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:01 PM   #4
spike700
Rage3D Veteran

spike700 is still being judged by the masses

I went F510, but I also don't like the 360 controller layout. One nice thing about the 310/510/710 is that in dinput mode the analog triggers become digital and some older games don't allow some functions to be mapped to an axis.
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
****nig amzanig huh?
------------------------------------------------------
spike700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:23 PM   #5
Eisberg
Lettuce? I don't get it

Eisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshEisberg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
Hold on a sec. The 360 controller most definitely is DirectInput compatible. It's detected as a 5 axis, 10 button controller in DirectInput stuff. You just don't get rumble with it without jumping through hoops and the triggers are setup as one axis instead of each trigger being it's own axis. In any case, I definitely used mine to play through the PoP trilogy. If you have a wireless controller, just make sure it's turned on before you start the game.

Probably best just to sort out why it's not being detected for you than get a new gamepad for some old games.

hmm, checking it out. For some reason I thought when I tried using the Xbox360 controller my character was doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Downloading PoP right now from Steam to check it out.

Thank you.

Edit: Yup got it working for PoP, it is working good. Thank you, just saved me $20

Last edited by Eisberg : Apr 24, 2012 at 11:07 PM.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote