Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

"

Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:00 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

marqmajere is still being judged by the masses

Default Where are the 680's little brothers?

The 680 is a damn impressive card, but I can't pay $500 for an upgrade right now. Where are the 670 and 660 series vid cards? Any word when they might be available to purchase?

Laptop - Alienware m11x | Intel 1.73 C2Duo | 4 gigs DDR3 800 | nVidia 335 1GB | Windows 7 64-bit |
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:46 AM   #2
Ziklitschli
Rage3D Veteran

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli is still being judged by the masses

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:54 AM   #3
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Better question is where are the 680s .. ?

Tigerdirect is out.. Microcenter has none, Newegg = zilch.. Best Buy natta ..
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:26 AM   #4
noko
Rage3D Veteran

noko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynoko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by @md_Guy View Post
Better question is where are the 680s .. ?

Tigerdirect is out.. Microcenter has none, Newegg = zilch.. Best Buy natta ..
They are all on Ebay, start bidding and let that hurt flow through you . They are available and going for what the market will support. Looks like the available cards from the manufacturers are being sold to the highest paying retailers - a.k.a Ebay stores. Which if the supplies are few will limit the 680's to stores selling them greater then the suggested retail price.

Last edited by noko : Apr 15, 2012 at 05:28 AM.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:34 AM   #5
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by noko View Post
They are all on Ebay, start bidding and let that hurt flow through you . They are available and going for what the market will support. Looks like the available cards from the manufacturers are being sold to the highest paying retailers - a.k.a Ebay stores. Which if the supplies are few will limit the 680's to stores selling them at suggested retail prices.
$750 Bones is a bit rich for my blood.. Specifically the MSI Frozr, must say after having 2 5770s Twin Frozrs.. I don think I could go back to anything but them after dealing with a reference card... even the best bang for the buck (7850 IMO) are going for upwards of $100 over MSRP due to lack of supply.. the only other decent deal concerning perf/$ has been the couple of GTX 480s at around $200 (Newegg/TigerDirect/Microcenter)
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:18 PM   #6
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

BababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by noko View Post
They are all on Ebay, start bidding and let that hurt flow through you . They are available and going for what the market will support. Looks like the available cards from the manufacturers are being sold to the highest paying retailers - a.k.a Ebay stores. Which if the supplies are few will limit the 680's to stores selling them greater then the suggested retail price.
So, I could sell my 680 and pick up two 7870s?
BababooeyHTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:21 PM   #7
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

7970 is a great price/perf component because it can be had for 480 boners...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:23 PM   #8
demo
space cadet

demo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
So, I could sell my 680 and pick up two 7870s?
Do it
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:53 PM   #9
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete stranger

the 680 is the little brother

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:13 PM   #10
demo
space cadet

demo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled withdemo is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
the 680 is the little brother