Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:28 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS is still being judged by the masses

Well I guess his psychopathic lineage ends right here.

Husband dead. Check.
Daughter dead. Check.
Son dead. Check.

Other than that, WTF????

Seriously what kind of man would shotgun his own daughter in the face?

"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:23 AM   #62
CHIPS
The Overmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
She probably thought a public place was safe enough, and that having the kids there would also force him to have a little self-control. Most people try not to show too much emo in front of kids, or in public.

I'd say she didn't realize HOW crazy he was. I've never understood why, after killing the spouse, the kids have to be killed off too. How can you kill your kids?
It blows my mind how someone can get THIS crazy and manage to get a GF. I mean they must have some kind of social skill. They must have some kind of decent job. How the F did they get this F up? What childhood has these people been though?

"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:48 AM   #63
ReiaH
Rage3d Tool

ReiaH is still being judged by the masses

I think all of you miss a very important point here considering the killing of his daughters.

MY first reaction if I saw this guy running after his daughters with a shotgun would have been NOT that he wants to kill them, since they are his daughters, is that he wants to kidnap them or something after killing his wife. I mean come on, killing the wife AND the children that is very far beyond reason.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:54 AM   #64
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
And your wife and kids?
I look at it like this. I would hope that if my kid was threatened that someone anyone would protect her. Kinda like a protect pay it forward.
Fat_Daddy_Cool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:03 AM   #65
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I think it's a huge risk that no rational, untrained person would take if they had a family of their own. Better to keep yourself alive and make sure your family is taken care of, rather than depend on the conscience of strangers imo.

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:09 AM   #66
Dave
King of Manchesville

Dave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Subscriber

Sorry but the guy had a shotgun in a closed area. No way would I be messing with him.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:13 AM   #67
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sorry but the guy had a shotgun in a closed area. No way would I be messing with him.
If his back was turned to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:54 AM   #68
Dave
King of Manchesville

Dave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Subscriber

Maybe but doubtful. But thats just me, never even seen a gun in real life nevermind fired one. And I certainly wouldnt try and take the guy down from behind.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:54 AM   #69
Canesfan2020
Rage3D Veteran

Canesfan2020 is still being judged by the masses

Better make whatever you do good because there probably won't be a second chance.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:12 AM   #70
ViCyniC
Rage3D Spammer

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

I want to see what this guy looked like. /physiognomy
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:17 AM   #71
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I think it's a huge risk that no rational, untrained person would take if they had a family of their own. Better to keep yourself alive and make sure your family is taken care of, rather than depend on the conscience of strangers imo.
Not really, In all circumstances I would be the protector for my family. What would happen if I wasn't there. If just one person steps forward to save someone, a good deal of normal people will follow suit. Mob mentally sometimes has a positive effect. Most acts of courage are started by one, and like a cascade it will quickly spur others to know that it is possible. But this is how I think.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:21 AM   #72
Nunz
Blueshirt

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Daddy_Cool View Post
Not really, In all circumstances I would be the protector for my family. What would happen if I wasn't there. If just one person steps forward to save someone, a good deal of normal people will follow suit. Mob mentally sometimes has a positive effect. Most acts of courage are started by one, and like a cascade it will quickly spur others to know that it is possible. But this is how I think.
I agree with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio on GTA V View Post
I start feeling like crap after a while - and not just from sitting all day playing video games and not taking care of myself; but this **** always makes me real cynical. I start hating people, hating America, hating life in general. I swear this game slowly starts making me a sociopath.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:40 AM   #73
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Actually when I think about I know with absolute certainty that I would act. My thoughts would be if he is willing to kill his own children what is to stop him from gunning everyone else down. It would be akin to an act of self preservation as no one can assume that the nut job was going to stop at his wife and kids. Everyone cleared out while his attention was on murdering his family. What if there was no way to leave?. The simple fact is that you can not assume just running will save you. In my mind the only way that my own safety would be assured would be to stop the gunman either killing him or permanently crippling him.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:34 PM   #74
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

kytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled with

I am with Fat_Daddy_Cool on this one. Once you have ever worked in Law Enforcement and made that decision I don't think you can easily turn your back on it unless you are with your family then their safety must come first.
Once that can be assured then if you can I think your conscience would force you to act. I am not going to say I am the bravest man there is I surely am not. But I always get the job done during the situation always have. It's after it's all over that the nerves hit and I get the crap scared out of me.

Last edited by kytprice : Apr 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:42 PM   #75
Clockwork
Rage3D Spammer

Clockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete stranger

All of the Mark Wahlbergs in here make me laugh.

"If I was on that plane with my kids," Wahlberg told the magazine, "it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

Everyone is a hero until they're actually in that situation.
"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:06 PM   #76
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Daddy_Cool View Post
What if there was no way to leave?. The simple fact is that you can not assume just running will save you. In my mind the only way that my own safety would be assured would be to stop the gunman either killing him or permanently crippling him.
Why wouldn't you be able to leave? It's not a bank vault, the doors and windows are made of glass. I'm also pretty sure getting out of firing range and line of sight is more likely to save you than running directly into the source of gunfire.

If you were a cop now, what would SOP be when you get a call for something like this? Barging in and taking the gunman with your bare hands? In all likelyhood, you'd make a call for backup and wait for SWAT/HRT to arrive. Why would anyone expect untrained, unarmed, unarmored civilians to do anything above and beyond fleeing in the same scenario?

Whatever you choose to do in that situation is your business, but the only *reasonable* thing for people to do when shots ring out is to assess the direction of fire and get the hell away from it. I wouldn't expect any less and I think it's a serious threat to your survival if you do otherwise.

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Corsair HX620
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB

Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:12 PM   #77
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

kytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
All of the Mark Wahlbergs in here make me laugh.

"If I was on that plane with my kids," Wahlberg told the magazine, "it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

Everyone is a hero until they're actually in that situation.
Funny have YOU ever been in that type situation? Everyone knows Wahlberg is a idiot for saying that. And it definitely is NOT like it looks on TV or in the Movies. And I absolutely ain't a hero I just had to do a job for ten years and once you make a decision to do that job some part of it never leaves you. And in all reality there would be a good chance that I would get my a*s shot off. Or if I did get lucky enough to stop him get sued for it.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:15 PM   #78
Zero
Sass hole

If you know that then why would you do it?

-Robert Oppenheimer

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Corsair HX620
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB

Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:46 PM   #79
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
If you know that then why would you do it?
Hard to explain for one thing I am ready to go. And second I have a son and I would hope someone would give him a chance to live. Third I have faced my own death before. (Held hostage during a jail break in 1988 by 5 convicted murderers from Kenton Co. KY. I tried to google it but came up empty feel free to try yourself.it happened in Pulaski Co. KY.) These are not necessarily it the correct order. Oh one more thing I do NOT have a death wish I hope to live a very long time. One thing I will add I have never been to war and I am sure what I have gone thru is nothing compared to that.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:40 PM   #80
Clockwork
Rage3D Spammer

Clockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
Hard to explain for one thing I am ready to go. And second I have a son and I would hope someone would give him a chance to live. Third I have faced my own death before. (Held hostage during a jail break in 1988 by 5 convicted murderers from Kenton Co. KY. I tried to google it but came up empty feel free to try yourself.it happened in Pulaski Co. KY.) These are not necessarily it the correct order. Oh one more thing I do NOT have a death wish I hope to live a very long time. One thing I will add I have never been to war and I am sure what I have gone thru is nothing compared to that.
I did a search for this because the story sounded interesting.

The only thing I could find was info about a jailbreak in June 1988 at the Kentucky State Penitentiary in Eddyville.

"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:32 PM   #81
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

Funny I don't remember the Eddyville escape. But then again I was only 23 at the time and alot has happened since then. But I do remember Eddyville very well one of the first things I had to do was transport 7 prisoners along with another Deputy to that State Penitentiary. Going thru that place made me realize no matter how much money was involved well (if you can't do the time don't do the crime) that I couldn't do the time.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:01 PM   #82
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Quote:
Why wouldn't you be able to leave? It's not a bank vault, the doors and windows are made of glass. I'm also pretty sure getting out of firing range and line of sight is more likely to save you than running directly into the source of gunfire.

If you were a cop now, what would SOP be when you get a call for something like this? Barging in and taking the gunman with your bare hands? In all likelyhood, you'd make a call for backup and wait for SWAT/HRT to arrive. Why would anyone expect untrained, unarmed, unarmored civilians to do anything above and beyond fleeing in the same scenario?

Whatever you choose to do in that situation is your business, but the only *reasonable* thing for people to do when shots ring out is to assess the direction of fire and get the hell away from it. I wouldn't expect any less and I think it's a serious threat to your survival if you do otherwise.
Hey I never said it was the right thing as that is variable on the situation but I know with certainty how I react. I am going to do what I have to do, ain't saying that I could have stopped the guy I don't know if I could have. To me it is a clear path, take the threat down and everyone's safety is assured.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:41 AM   #83
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty@md_Guy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
And no one helped the kids.

Good on you folks at Cracker B.
WTF do you expect ? it's f*&^ing oHIo ..
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:21 PM   #84
RealyPssd
Rage3D Veteran

RealyPssd is still being judged by the masses

Only in America..
RealyPssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:29 PM   #85
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealyPssd View Post
Only in America..
What they don't have Cracker Barrels in Canada?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:39 PM   #86
Deftones
Boned

Deftones is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
I can't understand your train of thought. If everyone owned guns someone could still pull one out and open fire. However they'd also go down a lot faster having trained gun owners around them. The children might have lived.
You realize how unstable a lot of people are right? Being that this is a computer forum, it's users are generally more intelligent and logical than the overall population. Arming everyone with deadly weapons does not seem like a prudent thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
I find it disgusting you are able to find blame for the woman in this.
Obviously I don't "blame" her for being shot, but she really didn't go about this in a smart way. From what I've read, she left the husband because she was scared for her safety.

It would have been much smarter to do this through a third party of some sort. Lawyer or through the mail, whatever.

As far as the debate on whether or not to take action, it would totally depend on the situation. This situation: one guy with a shotgun, I'd like to think I probably would have done something. If it were more than one guy, or he had a different weapon... then I would GTFO. My heroism only goes so far. If it's a situation where I would die and wouldn't save anyone else anyway, then f that. But kids... I just can't stand senseless violence towards kids...

Last edited by Deftones : Apr 15, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Deftones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:36 PM   #87
CHIPS
The Overmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
You realize how unstable a lot of people are right? Being that this is a computer forum, it's users are generally more intelligent and logical than the overall population. Arming everyone with deadly weapons does not seem like a prudent thing.

Obviously I don't "blame" her for being shot, but she really didn't go about this in a smart way. From what I've read, she left the husband because she was scared for her safety.

It would have been much smarter to do this through a third party of some sort. Lawyer or through the mail, whatever.

As far as the debate on whether or not to take action, it would totally depend on the situation. This situation: one guy with a shotgun, I'd like to think I probably would have done something. If it were more than one guy, or he had a different weapon... then I would GTFO. My heroism only goes so far. If it's a situation where I would die and wouldn't save anyone else anyway, then f that. But kids... I just can't stand senseless violence towards kids...
Nerds are more intelligent and logical? Since when? I always though those half sleeve tattoo guys in their Mustang are 100X more intelligent and logical. Girls dig them more so they must be better!

Seriously every girl wants that handsome, smart, sporty and funny guy to date. It is sad how some of them end up with these psychos. I guess not every girl is as smart as they thought they were.

Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:09 PM   #88
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

Actually in fairly close quarters like a restaurant I would rather face someone with a handgun than a shotgun with 00 buckshot anyday.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:10 AM   #89
swingline
I'm a real light sleeper

swingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundswingline can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
It's easy to play captain heropants reading these stories but I would probably flee then fire on the guy from a safer position. If I was in that situation and armed I certainly would take action.
The point of carrying is to protect yourself. I'd "flee" 99% of the time if given the chance.

That being said, if some scumbag was roaming around a restaurant blasting kids I'd shoot him dead.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:15 AM   #90
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Wow, extremely sad.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote