Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » CATALYST Drivers
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CATALYST Drivers Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Catalyst Drivers. Please put Linux-specific driver posts and Remote Wonder discussion in their respective forums.

"

Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Burn
Radeon HD 7970

Burn is still being judged by the masses

Default PowerTune & CrossfireX

using two 6970 and 12.2 pre cert. driver

Just started to play with the powertune sliders and my question is when CrossfireX is enabled the powertune slider of the 1st card is applied to the second card too ??

Because if i set powertune at 10% on the first card and i go in the second card overdrive tab and set it at 10% too it reset back to 0% when i click the apply button ..

is this normal ?

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:52 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

it's per card, and you have to hit apply before you switch to the other card for the setting to stick.

so = card 1, set powertune +20% hit apply, select card 2, powertune +20%, hit apply. then begin your overclocking and gaming domination!
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Burn
Radeon HD 7970

not working ...

set Card 1 at 10 % hit apply ....setting stick
switch to card 2 and set Card 2 at 10% Hit apply ..... Bam ! revert to 0 %

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:02 PM   #4
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

how odd. don't know why it's doing that, not normal behaviour.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:35 AM   #5
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

I am having the same, I use a 3d proggy like furmark in a window to initiate the second GPU and so I can change the powersetting of that GPU.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:28 PM   #6
DOXau
Random Lurker

DOXau is still being judged by the masses

Yeh 2nd card is inactive on the desktop by default, need to load a game/app etc then alt tab and change the settings for the 2nd card.
DOXau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Burn
Radeon HD 7970

Quote:
Yeh 2nd card is inactive on the desktop by default, need to load a game/app etc then alt tab and change the settings for the 2nd card.
Not very practical , it worked with the alt-tab trick now it's ok. Im at work now so i can't test it : i was just thinking that if you disable CF and then change both sliders and re-enable CF .. should work without a game/app running in the background , no ?. I mean when CF is disabled the second card is not disabled on the desktop.

Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:05 PM   #8
Roadking
Radeon HD 6850

Roadking is still being judged by the masses

This has happened to me several times. If I reinstall it usually fixes the problem. Dont know why this happens but reinstall seems to work
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:45 PM   #9
Burn
Radeon HD 7970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
This has happened to me several times. If I reinstall it usually fixes the problem. Dont know why this happens but reinstall seems to work
i reverted to catalyst 12.1a + 12.1CAP3 because 12.2 pre cert driver give me Blue screens with battlefield 3 ( ultra ).

same behaviour is observed after a new Catalyst install after one pass with driver cleaner.

Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:41 PM   #10
Burn
Radeon HD 7970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn View Post
not working ...

set Card 1 at 10 % hit apply ....setting stick
switch to card 2 and set Card 2 at 10% Hit apply ..... Bam ! revert to 0 %

i finally found a fix for me : i disabled all instance of ULPS in the registry , my second card is now sitting at 250Mhz while idling ( instead of 0Mhz )and im able to adjust the powertune % and hit the apply button and it don't revert to 0 % anymore.

oh yeah . i disabled a power saving feature but hey .. a gaming rig is not to save power and i don't leave that thing on 24hrs/7 ... at least powerplay is still kick in ..

Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:08 PM   #11
Blín D'ñero
HD7970 crossfire

Blín D'ñero is still being judged by the masses

Yes that's a driver bug, discussed in the Sticky: AMD Catalyst 12.4 OpenCL 1.2 (8.960.0 March 15) Beta Driver ( 1 2 3 4) and particularly this post and comments before that.
Intel i7 2700K @ 4.8 Ghz | Zalman CPNS9900LED | Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z | 16 GB Corsair Dominator GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 DDR3 | 2 x (Sapphire) AMD Radeon HD7970 (crossfire) | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro | Corsair AX 1200W | 4 x WDC WD1002FAEX | Optiarc AD 5240S | Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600 | Steelseries 7G | Razer Imperator 2012 | Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 | Logitech Z-5500 | Sennheiser HD598 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 |
Blín D'ñero is offline   Reply With Quote