Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

"

Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
turok_t
Radeon HD 6670

turok_t is still being judged by the masses

Default Computer auto shut off

I was just in the middle of playing Crysis 2 on my computer when my computer automatically shut off all of a sudden. I tried to turn the PSU on/off, reset the CMOS and the computer still doesnt boot. Any clues? Thanks
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

probably power supply, jump the wire and see if the fans connected directly to the psu spin, if it doesnt then it's probably the psu.

Last edited by Tork64 : Apr 15, 2012 at 05:02 AM.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Sazar
F@lding - Is it in you?

Sazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSazar has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
I was just in the middle of playing Crysis 2 on my computer when my computer automatically shut off all of a sudden. I tried to turn the PSU on/off, reset the CMOS and the computer still doesnt boot. Any clues? Thanks
Something may have overheated. Give it some time to cool down before trying to restart.

Did you hear any pops or smell anything when you were messing around with the chassis?

Auto shutoff is typically a safety feature so hopefully you will be fine.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:30 PM   #4
Iphone5
Banned

Iphone5 is still being judged by the masses

Same thing happened to me tonight! Psu was dead . Had to buy a new one. Don't skimp!!!
Iphone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:26 AM   #5
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Probably the psu; happened to me about 6 months ago but mine was accompanied by a large 'pop' sound.

Quote:
It neutralizes meson somehow. They're the atomic glue holding matter together. Cut across their lines of magnetic force and any object will simply cease to exist! Take my word for it, General, this type of defense is useless against that kind of power!
-War of the Worlds
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote