Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking Discuss Radeon tweaking, modding, and overclocking practices. Want to post your benchmarks scores? This is the place!

"

Old Apr 3, 2012, 02:15 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Spyhawk
Rage3D Veteran

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Water cooling to the rescue....
Yeah Ide like to give water a try eventually. Maybe a project worth working on for this summer's heat

Btw whats a good setup for water coolling a refferance Gigabyte RADEON HD 7970 ?
Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN 3, INTEL I7 2600K OC @4.5 GHZ, CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3 8GB 2X4GB 1600 @ 1.5 V CL 9 9 9 24 2T, CORSAIR GS800 POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR FORCE SATA 3 120 GB, CORSAIR H100, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB SATA 3, Gigabyte RADEON HD 7970, DVDCD R/W DRIVE, MULTI CARD READER, WINDOWS 8.1 64 BIT, SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 245BW, HAFX 932 CASE, RazorDeathAdder, Logitech G15, Logitech Driving Force

Last edited by Spyhawk : Apr 3, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:05 PM   #32
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshadow001 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Yeah Ide like to give water a try eventually. Maybe a project worth working on for this summer's heat

Btw whats a good setup for water coolling a refferance Gigabyte RADEON HD 7970 ?

Blocks wise there isn't difference for the card, as they're all built for the reference design so just buy what you like there, use 1/2 inner diameter fittings( compression type for the bling factor if nothing else), and if cooling just the card, a single 240mm radiator will do just fine and check out EK, or swiftech for those....Try to fit as much radiator within the case, as it allows more options to attach more fans not just for better cooling, but they can be slowed down to keep noise levels as low as possible and still cool the loop just fine.....2 fans at maximum RPM will make more of a racket than 4 fans running at less than 1/2 speed.

Pump wise there are kits where it's built right into the reservoir like this, wich allows to control the pump RPM and even shows how fast the water is circulating in the loop and water temperature:

http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=1153

And Koolance is the first out of the gate with a water block for the GTX680

http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=2039

Looks very nice btw...

Last edited by shadow001 : Apr 3, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 01:10 PM   #33
Iphone5
Banned

Iphone5 is still being judged by the masses

^^ cant see any pics?
Iphone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 3, 2012, 01:46 PM   #34
shadow001

shadow001 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshadow001 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphone5 View Post
^^ cant see any pics?
Changed to links...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 02:54 PM   #35
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ is still being judged by the masses

lol who would pay $300 for a pump and res.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 05:37 PM   #36
bill dennison
Rage3D Veteran

bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
i paid 200 for just my two pumps
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/61...tml?tl=g30c107

but for a quick kit i would get a external unit, maybe the Exos-2.5
http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...hp?cPath=28_41

you can build better but it will cost more

Last edited by bill dennison : Apr 3, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 05:59 PM   #37
shadow001

Quote:

That can also control 3 fans, has 3 temperature sensor headers for water temp, a built in flow meter and vary the speed of the pump and also has a reservoir, and if the idea is to keep everything as neat and compact as possible, it not bad.

Add up all those abilities in seperate components and see if it's much cheaper....It likely won't be.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 06:07 PM   #38
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

Stop.... You're giving me ideas with the Exnos...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 06:16 PM   #39
Roadhog_
Sausages

Quote:

Uhh...
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmc12vdcpu.html
Old Apr 3, 2012, 06:24 PM   #40
Roadhog_
Sausages

Quote:
That can also control 3 fans, has 3 temperature sensor headers for water temp, a built in flow meter and vary the speed of the pump and also has a reservoir, and if the idea is to keep everything as neat and compact as possible, it not bad.

Add up all those abilities in seperate components and see if it's much cheaper....It likely won't be.
Did you even read the thing you linked?

"Show flow rate in LPM or GPM (optional Koolance flow meter required)"

I can buy all the features that thing does for cheaper and get better components at the same time.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 07:08 PM   #41
bill dennison
Rage3D Veteran

bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bill dennison once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
yea thats them its been over 5 or 6 years or so i know i payed over 80+ each at the time but can't remember
but i just checked first place i found one

but they are good pumps to last this long
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 07:13 PM   #42
Roadhog_
Sausages

Quote:
yea thats them its been over 5 or 6 years or so i know i payed over 80+ each at the time but can't remember
but i just checked first place i found one

but they are good pumps to last this long
Oh, thought you meant you bought them recently. But yeah, they are good pumps regardless.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 08:15 PM   #43
Spyhawk
Rage3D Veteran

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Blocks wise there isn't difference for the card, as they're all built for the reference design so just buy what you like there, use 1/2 inner diameter fittings( compression type for the bling factor if nothing else), and if cooling just the card, a single 240mm radiator will do just fine and check out EK, or swiftech for those....Try to fit as much radiator within the case, as it allows more options to attach more fans not just for better cooling, but they can be slowed down to keep noise levels as low as possible and still cool the loop just fine.....2 fans at maximum RPM will make more of a racket than 4 fans running at less than 1/2 speed.

Pump wise there are kits where it's built right into the reservoir like this, wich allows to control the pump RPM and even shows how fast the water is circulating in the loop and water temperature:

http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=1153

And Koolance is the first out of the gate with a water block for the GTX680

http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=2039

Looks very nice btw...
Thanks for the info and yeah those look perty nice. A bit expensive though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN 3, INTEL I7 2600K OC @4.5 GHZ, CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3 8GB 2X4GB 1600 @ 1.5 V CL 9 9 9 24 2T, CORSAIR GS800 POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR FORCE SATA 3 120 GB, CORSAIR H100, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB SATA 3, Gigabyte RADEON HD 7970, DVDCD R/W DRIVE, MULTI CARD READER, WINDOWS 8.1 64 BIT, SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 245BW, HAFX 932 CASE, RazorDeathAdder, Logitech G15, Logitech Driving Force
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:42 AM   #44
Iphone5
Banned

Im getting wierd flashing of geometry. Its rare and only last for a split second. Its not like the gpu is overheating, but looks more like a driver issue. I checked temps just to be sure and im not going over 63*c on the core. Anyone else having this issue? Im running a 560ti
Old Apr 5, 2012, 01:44 PM   #45
Roadhog_
Sausages

Quote:
Im getting wierd flashing of geometry. Its rare and only last for a split second. Its not like the gpu is overheating, but looks more like a driver issue. I checked temps just to be sure and im not going over 63*c on the core. Anyone else having this issue? Im running a 560ti
normal. Just a unigine glitch in some areas.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:55 PM   #46
Iphone5
Banned

Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:31 AM   #47
Falkentyne
Radeon HD 6970

Falkentyne is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
It happens on a Geforce 570M, too, in the same spots, so it's an engine issue.
Falkentyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 09:14 PM   #48
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Meteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled with

Here's a mid-range system, eVGA GTX 670 all stock on the video card for this run. GPU boosted to max of around 1024MHz.

Would like to see a similar system as mine except with a 7970 at stock and see how it compares.
Meteor|WAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 09:57 PM   #49
shadow001

Single card with crossfire disabled and back to stock clocks:

Not much of a difference is it....
Old May 12, 2012, 11:43 PM   #50
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Meteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Single card with crossfire disabled and back to stock clocks:

Not much of a difference is it....
Wow, very close.

Hey thanks for doing that, I wasn't expecting my request to be answered so soon, even if you are running a Xeon based system.
Old May 13, 2012, 03:24 PM   #51
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Here's a mid-range system, eVGA GTX 670 all stock on the video card for this run. GPU boosted to max of around 1024MHz.

Would like to see a similar system as mine except with a 7970 at stock and see how it compares.
I was curious how your 670 GTX stacked up against Sli 560 ti's.

Not bad. Almost there.
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 07:19 PM   #52
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post

Not bad. Almost there.
Overclocked?
Old May 13, 2012, 09:37 PM   #53
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

After some overclocking here's the best I can do so far. Memory at stock but 140+ offset on the GPU which is about 1279MHz boost clock.

Old May 14, 2012, 10:06 PM   #54
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Quote:

Not bad. Almost there.
OK, beat your SLI 560 Ti's:

All it took was +135MHz on the GPU and +400MHz on the memory.

1258/3400

Think the GPU is topped out, but can probably squeeze a bit more out of the memory.

Last edited by Meteor|WAR : May 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 01:15 AM   #55
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
All it took was +135MHz on the GPU and +400MHz on the memory.

1258/3400

Think the GPU is topped out, but can probably squeeze a bit more out of the memory.
I havent overclocked yet
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 15, 2012, 08:13 AM   #56
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Quote:
I havent overclocked yet
Thanks, that was what I was wondering.

Pretty important info is to know if these posted scores are with stock clock speeds or not.
Old May 23, 2012, 01:01 PM   #57
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Here is my single 560 ti overclocked to 1.5ghz on the core and 7ghz on the memory

ok its sli @ stock
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 23, 2012, 01:19 PM   #58
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

What did you do different from when you scored 1330? I asked if they were OC'ed before and I thought you said no.

I am also wondering why you're getting such a low minimum fps.

[EDIT] Ok now I see you bumped up to 1080 res. Funny it would make that much difference.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:18 PM   #59
Warhammer
Radeon HD 6850

Warhammer is still being judged by the masses

add infoBench from new card Ati 7950

Last edited by Warhammer : May 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: add info
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:08 PM   #60
jmb12177

jmb12177 is still being judged by the masses

Heaven crashes every time I try to bench, guess its not friendly with windows 8