Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1681
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sir Duke
Radeon HD 7970

Sir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

just bought this on battle net. I played the beta and it was pretty awesome, never played d2 and never will cuz it's too old

May 15th, bring it on!
Sir Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:16 PM   #1682
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

4 Player limit.. go **** yourself blizz.

I still can't believe they are releasing without PVP. wtf man.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:18 PM   #1683
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
4 Player limit.. go **** yourself blizz.

I still can't believe they are releasing without PVP. wtf man.
If it was 8 players the screen would be a lagfest and you wouldn't know wtf was going on.

Also this is a PVE game 99%, PVP 1%. Being mad that an afterthought is not being added at launch is stupid. The game is and will always be a PVE game first, and far far far far far far far far far behind is pvp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:54 PM   #1684
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

PVP was not "far far far far far" behind in D2.

And really? a lagfest? Because D3 over exaggerates spell effects to the max.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:00 AM   #1685
Jaws of Life
She's got them on sale

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

The "8 players = lagfest" is a cope out from Blizzard. Diablo 2 up until a few years ago could give your frames for money if you had 8 ppl spamming on Baal minions, but PCs still handled it. If they were going for some ultra modern graphics, sure I could understand maybe 6, but let's be real D3 looks like it's 5+ years old graphics wise so this whole four player limit reasoning is a bit dodgey. It's probably more to with with less efforts to balance, who knows.

I know it's the same cycle of complaints, I do believe though they will up the limit because I think people will be A LOT more vocal once it's released.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:10 AM   #1686
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws of Life View Post
The "8 players = lagfest" is a cope out from Blizzard. Diablo 2 up until a few years ago could give your frames for money if you had 8 ppl spamming on Baal minions, but PCs still handled it. If they were going for some ultra modern graphics, sure I could understand maybe 6, but let's be real D3 looks like it's 5+ years old graphics wise so this whole four player limit reasoning is a bit dodgey. It's probably more to with with less efforts to balance, who knows.

I know it's the same cycle of complaints, I do believe though they will up the limit because I think people will be A LOT more vocal once it's released.
+1
It's a cop out by far.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:25 AM   #1687
TekBug
Radeon HD 6870

TekBug is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Without having played the BETA I do not know this for sure but I suspect that the reason there is a 4-player limit is due to server load when all four computers will constantly have to talk to Blizz's servers not just for location/drop data but for the rest of the data they're sending to the client because they want you to be always online to play single-player. So mob data, location data, drop data and positional data all has to be sent to all four clients. I reckon the server-code is not performing well enough to cope with 8-players and then do this with thousands or tens-of-thousands of simultaneous games going at the same time. For a click-fest game like Diablo, I reckon they're seeing too much server-lag to make it viable and playable to have 8 players in one game at one time.
TekBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:37 AM   #1688
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

the bottom line is this **** is watered down for consoles, and if that's not the case, then blizzard doesn't know how to make a game, the only thing they really know is wow, and I hear they drove that into the shitter too.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:18 AM   #1689
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
the bottom line is this **** is watered down for consoles, and if that's not the case, then blizzard doesn't know how to make a game, the only thing they really know is wow, and I hear they drove that into the shitter too.
Oh come on.

WoW has existed for around 7 years and has trumped every single MMO that has come out during its existence. It still holds 9-11 million players to this day.

Starcraft 2 is the poster boy for e-sports and is one of the most balanced games ever made as well.

It's fine to be bitter, as Diablo III may not be your cup of coffee, but don't go around spreading nonsensical information, come on.

For me, I hate they wont release it with PvP, but I still think Blizzard knows what they are doing in terms of game design; until they prove themselves wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:47 AM   #1690
Jaws of Life
She's got them on sale

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

tbh tonight I was reminded why I yearn for a replacement for WoW. I was just openly discussing our 10man side to our organizer and out of nowhere he starts getting sensitive thinking I am attacking his leadership, I said he is completely misreading what I am saying. I then am just chatting normally to guild members about what we do IRL, what nights are best, how we are not a hardcore 3-4 night a guild but with good players 1-2 sessions is fine for us. Then he comes at me again from out of the blue, just completely immature with no social comprehension whatsoever. I was just in complete shock, and after awhile it started to slightly anger me but I let it slide.

None of that **** in Diablo, you log in, solo if you want or group with friends and grind loot. No schedules, no bullshit, I am so over the hardcore raiding scene and over-sensitive 16 years old thinking going to Uni makes them smart. I have my degree already, who cares, big deal. I was so ****ing bored and annoyed with that whole situation I am now loading up STEAM for some DOD:S games and maybe grind on my D2 sorc later on.

I've put so much of my life into WoW, I've been to the top in PvE and PvP, I am exceedingly rich with legitimately earned gold, and the next expansion I am more excited to just level a Pandarian monk in full BoAs than to 90 any of my 10 85s to raid. I will not be progression raiding whatsoever in MoP, maybe LFR that's it. I took an 11 month break from WoW and was nearly clear of it but tonight's event has just solidified my idea that I will just play to make gold, level twinks and a monk, and nothing else.

Please don't **** up D3 too much Blizzard.

/rant
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD

Last edited by Jaws of Life : Mar 31, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:20 AM   #1691
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
PVP was not "far far far far far" behind in D2.

And really? a lagfest? Because D3 over exaggerates spell effects to the max.
That's the style blizzard wanted. Over the top.

Quote:

Diablo 2 is not diablo 3. We have no idea how much data transfer there is compared to a game from 2000 and a game from 2012.

Quote:
When you posted this, I knew you were full of crap and I questioned why I even answered to your post. Especially when you said it was watered down for consoles, a platform they said, at best, they are looking at, and nothing more. This is a true PC first game.

Quote:
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:16 AM   #1692
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
This is a true PC first game.
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:51 AM   #1693
teh_moleman
Radeon HD 6950

teh_moleman is still being judged by the masses

If it's popular, it's cool to hate on it. In the end, it's just a vocal minority who like to make broad generalizations. "I hate the game therefore it will fail" etc.

There's plenty of D3 info and videos out there, and there's no doubt it'll be another great Blizzard game.
teh_moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:17 AM   #1694
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

nobody hates the game because its popular, diablo fans are not satisfied with it because they made this game into a casual action game instead of a deep arpg, game was coming along fine fine untill they started to cut everything out so it would make sence on console, right about that time the lead D3 guy left the project, he didn't leave because the project was done, he left because he didn't want to be responsible for butchering the Diablo name, game will still be fun, but it shouldn't carry the diablo name, and shouldn't be classified as ARPG either, I don't know about the "vocal minority" a huge majority of diablo fans on the d3 forum are not happy in the way the game is turning out, the rest are casual gamers that don't give a crap how the game will be or have never played diablo or ARPG's before, how about the brownnoasing blizzard fanboys that don't see that they turned diablo into joke and will just defend it no matter what because blizzard made it... I bet you if this game was made by some indie dev and wasn't called diablo, people would be ripping on it left and right, and there wouldn't be so many people defending the devs.

Last edited by H001iGAN : Mar 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:42 AM   #1695
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have the advantage of not being a huge Diablo fan, but from what I've seen in the latest beta build, it will be a fun game to beat once or twice with 2 different classes...and that's it.
Problem is, the game is hugely expensive pretty much everywhere I look (45 pounds / 60 euros / 80 dollars on the blizzard store for my region, are you ****ing kidding me), and I'm not sure if it's worth that amount of cash for something I'll probably throw away after 1 playthrough.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:10 AM   #1696
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

It's a lot like SWTOR and the bioware fans defending it no matter what.

D3 will NOT have the lifespan that D2 had.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:24 AM   #1697
Ulysses 31
Rage3D Veteran

Ulysses 31 is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
... and I'm not sure if it's worth that amount of cash for something I'll probably throw away after 1 playthrough.
I believe the draw of these kind of (action) RPG games is to gear out your character which takes a lot of grinding and thus multiple playthroughs.
Intel Core i7 5960X @ 4.5Ghz \ 2x Asus Radeon R9 295X2 8GB CrossFireX 14.11.2 \ 16 GB Corsair Dominator 3000 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Extreme \ 3x Asus Republic Of Gamers Swift PG278Q Eyefinity \ Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Mouse + Roccat Alumic \ Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB keyboard \ Creative Sound Blaster ZxR \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 4x Samsung 1T GB in RAID 0 \ In Win D-Frame \ Corsair AX1500i Watt \ Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Ulysses 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1698
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post

Quote:
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:46 AM   #1699
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:

D3 will NOT have the lifespan that D2 had.
No ****. Games today are not the same as back then, the amount of games coming out today are vastly different from back then. That doesn't mean D3 won't be a fantastic game. You're making assumptions like all of us, don't think that yours will necessarily be right. Mine might not be.

Quote:
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1700
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

I'm not saying I'm correct - no where did I say that.

I feel like they cut a lot of corners and the corners they cut are things that made D2 great - they would of also made D3 great.
A great game will have a long lifespan regardless of what year it's released. I'm anticipating D3 not having a lifespan even moderately close.

When they add PVP, I might consider buying the game.
Trust me.. I love Diablo and I want to buy it and love it.. but come on man.

None of the cutbacks they made were "necessary".
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:05 PM   #1701
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
I'm not saying I'm correct - no where did I say that.

I feel like they cut a lot of corners and the corners they cut are things that made D2 great - they would of also made D3 great.
A great game will have a long lifespan regardless of what year it's released. I'm anticipating D3 not having a lifespan even moderately close.

Trust me.. I love Diablo and I want to buy it and love it.. but come on man.

None of the cutbacks they made were "necessary".
This game isn't Diablo 2. A lot of things that people feel were great about diablo 2 are in this game. If you wanted "a great game like Diablo 2", download a high res skin pack and play D2 SP offline.

Quote:
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:41 PM   #1702
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Apparently Blizzard is switching to the "press a button, something awesome happens" philosophy.
This can be seen in both Diablo 3 and the new Wow expansion, Mists of Pandaria. They just seem to not like skill trees anymore, and that's sad.

I'm not saying it's going to be a bad game, just that as far as longevity goes, they're relying on gear too much to keep players motivated.

Then again, the beta is such a small part of the game, maybe when reaching level 20+ or something their new rune system will actually allow for some interesting options.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:47 PM   #1703
teh_moleman
Radeon HD 6950

Quote:
I don't know about the "vocal minority" a huge majority of diablo fans on the d3 forum are not happy in the way the game is turning out....
Because the several hundred thousand if not a few million of Diablo fans are all registered in the D3 forum and actively posting right? The majority of the minority of haters are the ones venting on the forums. Everyone else is just quietly going about their lives waiting for the game to come out so they can play it.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:13 PM   #1704
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_moleman View Post
Because the several hundred thousand if not a few million of Diablo fans are all registered in the D3 forum and actively posting right? The majority of the minority of haters are the ones venting on the forums. Everyone else is just quietly going about their lives waiting for the game to come out so they can play it.
No kidding. Not to mention a crap ton of "fans" are 13 year old ex-WOW players who never touched D2.

Quote:
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:26 PM   #1705
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:38 PM   #1706
teh_moleman
Radeon HD 6950

Quote:
No kidding. Not to mention a crap ton of "fans" are 13 year old ex-WOW players who never touched D2.
So true, and the reason I despise the WoW annual pass. Currently in WoW, having even 1 random unknown person is an absolute nightmare. Now bring all those jerks with their "go go go" ants-in-their-pants attitudes into D3 and it just won't end well.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:45 PM   #1707
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
What?

Just because my favorite part of the game was something different from yours, it's eye roll material?
Grow up.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:21 PM   #1708
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
What?

Just because my favorite part of the game was something different from yours, it's eye roll material?
Grow up.
Oh dear god the irony.

Quote:
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:42 PM   #1709
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Quote:
What?

Grow up.
Nunz, imma let you finish, but Nunz had one of the best arguments of all time, of all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:17 PM   #1710
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Oh dear god the irony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Nunz, imma let you finish, but Nunz had one of the best arguments of all time, of all time.
No irony, because 8 players wouldn't ruin the PVE experience at all.
In fact, it would greatly enhance it.

and lolwat at Phrygian..