Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:30 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I got to level 4 and wanted to shoot myself in the face.

The combat was really good, but I didn't like the "cartoonish" aspect of it. It looked good, but something was off.
I was incredibly bored with the beginning quests, there's really no "story" to keep me interested at all. I had no idea what I was doing, just swinging at ****.

I think I'm also "mmo'd out"
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:33 PM   #32
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

For those interested in actually playing on release. I highly suggest pre-ordering. You get Open Beta gaurenteed access and there is no character wipe after open beta. So the unoffocial, official release date is april 19th, and not may 1st. Also, when pre-odering you get into the "Head Start" which starts April 28th.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Life is like an Arrow on a bow. It constantly drags you back. But you are just moments away from springing forward.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:36 PM   #33
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I got to level 4 and wanted to shoot myself in the face.

The combat was really good, but I didn't like the "cartoonish" aspect of it. It looked good, but something was off.
I was incredibly bored with the beginning quests, there's really no "story" to keep me interested at all. I had no idea what I was doing, just swinging at ****.

I think I'm also "mmo'd out"
The beginning zone is more of "figuring things out" it's kinda like the tutiorial in a FPS. A very small element of story to get you going the rest is just to get your bearings straight. Once you leave the island (level 12) thats where the story really starts to kick in.

The game apparently "take with a grain of salt this is here-say from reading ktera stuff, but apparently has a **** ton of lore/story throughout the rest of the game.

But you have to remember, it is an MMO, not an SP. The amount of story has to stretch much further than a 10-15hr FPS. So there will always be those go here, do this quest.

BTW you can do the whole island in 2-3 hours. Easily.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Life is like an Arrow on a bow. It constantly drags you back. But you are just moments away from springing forward.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:06 PM   #34
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestNunz considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I have never been able to get into Korean / Asian / Chinese etc MMOs.

Also a bit spoiled from SWTOR and the great storytelling in it I think.
Maybe once it comes out, if you get a trial or something let me know.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:48 PM   #35
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
I have never been able to get into Korean / Asian / Chinese etc MMOs.

Also a bit spoiled from SWTOR and the great storytelling in it I think.
Maybe once it comes out, if you get a trial or something let me know.
If you can get into CB5 your character is still there, I suggest trying that and going a little further and see how it pans out.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:53 PM   #36
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

I'll try.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:15 PM   #37
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
I'll try.
Also try some other characters. I played a warrior, was like meh. Played a slayer and was like omg this is boring but I could rape some **** with deepz. Then I tried an archer and was like omg this is gay I just pew pew 43242423 arrows/s (they shoot unnaturally fast).

I was in love with the game but the characters were very bah. And while I knew I'd still play it becuase I have been looking for "that game" to sync my teeth into for awhile. And I was enjoying the game overall.

But then I played a Sorcer and BAM I was enriched with joy. Now keep in mind, I played WoW and FFXI for the better half my life and never once, could I get into Sorceres. It was boring for me, I always liked the up close face rolling the keyboard type plays. But something about the sorcerer was just amazing.

My point is, with this new and different combat it has, I highly suggest broading your view on what to play and try, because the traditional what I use to like wasn't it for me. And was pleasently surprised what else I liked.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:38 PM   #38
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

For sure, I was trying a Berserker (big axe? win) and the combat was great. It wasn't the combat boring me as much as the lack of ... I dunno - Immersion?

I don't think I gave it enough time though, so if I can get into the next CBT I'll definitely spend more time with it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:03 PM   #39
CyanBlues
Rage3D Veteran

CyanBlues is still being judged by the masses

the tank in this game was actually fun to play for me at least vs the usual borefest most tank are in other games
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:32 PM   #40
sittal
Rage3D Spammer

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Cyan, you are not the first to say that. My IRL buddy is a tank in every MMO and said he actually has fun playing this one.

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:04 AM   #41
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Just pre-ordered the digital CE. Can't wait.

Im also so excited there is no character wipe after Open Beta. So the "real" start date is april 19th!

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:05 AM   #42
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

cant wait!

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:50 PM   #43
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Now THAT is what I'm ****ing talking about!
I'm PVP first, second, and third. I love PVP. If Tera has solid PVP (and from the duel I had at level 4, it was fun.. combat makes it different) I'm ****in' sold.

Don't make me pre-order it CP.. god damn it. I'm going to have a $1000 bill to pay off with these 680s.
DONT MAKE ME DO IT

Last edited by Nunz : Mar 29, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:08 PM   #44
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
Now THAT is what I'm ****ing talking about!
I'm PVP first, second, and third. I love PVP. If Tera has solid PVP (and from the duel I had at level 4, it was fun.. combat makes it different) I'm ****in' sold.

Don't make me pre-order it CP.. god damn it. I'm going to have a $1000 bill to pay off with these 680s.
DONT MAKE ME DO IT
PvP is the primary focus on this game lol. Arenas, Battlegrounds Guild Vs Guild. I was actually lucky enough to score a spot in a guild that was #1 PvP NA in Aion that is moving to Tera for the PvP. Can't wait. You can challenge a whole guild and duke it out.

If you are wanting PvP I'm going to have to say you are going to have to pre-order. Go check out the videos. PvP is the #1 focus by this company.

-George Carlin

Quote:

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Mar 29, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:10 PM   #45
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

God damn it.
I need a way into the next CBT..
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:16 PM   #46
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
God damn it.
I need a way into the next CBT..
If you pre-order you get some goodies. BTW Open beta there is no wipe. So when you make a character in Open Beta, its there on release.

If you pre-order you get a headstart for release as well (instead of releasing on may 1st a tuesday you get to play on April 28th that previous friday.)

There are some other in game goodies too.

I suggest pre-ordering the Digitial CE thats what I did, you get a better faster cooler mount too.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:19 PM   #47
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

For those also curious there is NO grind in this game. In fact, most people are complaining that leveling is to fast. People in Closed beta in are already level 38 max is 60. And it has only been open for 3 weekends. You can easily hit cap in 3-4 weeks.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:24 PM   #48
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

I bought it. I guess I'm cancelling SWTOR.
You're killing my bank account, CP.

Got a Promo code or anything?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:28 PM   #49
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
I bought it. I guess I'm cancelling SWTOR.
You're killing my bank account, CP.

Got a Promo code or anything?
Lol. Nah, no promo code. Where did you buy it from? Did you check out the other PvP videos? Go to youtube and type in Flawless vs tera and check out some of the videos they put up these are fights just in CB. I can't wait till release.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:30 PM   #50
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Getting it from their website - do you suggest otherwise?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:31 PM   #51
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
Getting it from their website - do you suggest otherwise?
No, in fact that is my suggestion. Thats where I got mine. Are you getting the Digital CE?

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:38 PM   #52
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Yep, for $59.99

That flawless video is FANTASTIC.

That's the one I'm watching.
Cancelling TOR as we speak..

That video got me very giddy! What class is he playing?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:28 PM   #53
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
Yep, for $59.99

That flawless video is FANTASTIC.

That's the one I'm watching.
Cancelling TOR as we speak..

That video got me very giddy! What class is he playing?
I cant see the video since I am at work. Assuming you are talking about the video where it was like 3 or 4 different fights following a reptile thingy with a big ass sword. Then he's a slayer.

BTW if you want into the EU beta for this weekend I can get you a guy that is selling the CBT4 Beta key for $5 I got one for myself to get a little bit more play time/expierence.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:38 PM   #54
CyanBlues
Rage3D Veteran

CyanBlues is still being judged by the masses

slayer
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:44 PM   #55
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Well I just bought the Digital CE, that gets me CBT access anyway.

I think I'll try Slayer.. What's the difference between Berserker and Slayer?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:49 PM   #56
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
Well I just bought the Digital CE, that gets me CBT access anyway.

I think I'll try Slayer.. What's the difference between Berserker and Slayer?
They are practically a mirror. Just a few different skill sets and berserker gets block. while Slayer moves quicker.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:52 PM   #57
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Hmm.. Berserker might be my class then. I liked the block mechanic.
Will have to try in CBT4 and see what I like.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:55 PM   #58
CurrentlyPissed
2.0 Litres of Fury

Quote:
Hmm.. Berserker might be my class then. I liked the block mechanic.
Will have to try in CBT4 and see what I like.
Across a weekend theres no reason you cant get more than 3 classes to level 20. It's incredibly easy to level in this game.

BTW next CB is CBT5, then it's OB, then release.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:57 PM   #59
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Gotcha, well I'm ready for April 6th. 8)

Let me know what your character name is and stuff, when I get up to level we can .. I don't know yet. lol
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:59 PM   #60
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

I've been watching so many videos and stuff that I can't even play SWTOR now.
Waiting for CBT5.. gah!