Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » More Discussions » Professional Graphics Discussion
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Professional Graphics Discussion Discussion and technical support forum for ATIs lineup of professional level graphics cards

"

Old Oct 3, 2003, 05:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Default Useful Links For Support/Product Info

Last edited by KingRoLo : Jun 17, 2004 at 07:03 PM.
KingRoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2003, 04:14 AM   #2
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAkumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAkumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Um I am currently using driver version 6.12.10.3064 and previously had 3058 installed in my system with my Fire GL 8800 128MB

I get my drivers from the Hewlet Packard site and also from a German card dealer's site where they usually get them first.

They also have official Bios releases that eliminate compatability issues like for example my old 102 bios if used on newer Intel chipset motherboards, would get issues, with the new 115A, not only does my clocks get naturaly raised and the card is made able to be used in newer chipset, but performance in both games and Content Creation programs increases as well to much more stabler levels, specially when used with ATI's Control Panel software.

I just wish ATI would be more informative about this.

Helghast... till the end of days!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ52epZ6nWw Gaming Crisis!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNu_-deVemE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9SQduS_r0 Why u mad tho?
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2003, 07:32 AM   #3
Shloppy
ATI FanBoi

Shloppy is still being judged by the masses

I get all my goodies from here.

Last edited by Shloppy : Jul 20, 2004 at 08:11 AM.
Shloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 7, 2003, 04:30 PM   #4
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Shloppy
I get all my goodies from here.
Gotta love those Germans
Old Nov 6, 2003, 02:02 PM   #5
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Akumajo
Um I am currently using driver version 6.12.10.3064 and previously had 3058 installed in my system with my Fire GL 8800 128MB

I get my drivers from the Hewlet Packard site and also from a German card dealer's site where they usually get them first.

They also have official Bios releases that eliminate compatability issues like for example my old 102 bios if used on newer Intel chipset motherboards, would get issues, with the new 115A, not only does my clocks get naturaly raised and the card is made able to be used in newer chipset, but performance in both games and Content Creation programs increases as well to much more stabler levels, specially when used with ATI's Control Panel software.

I just wish ATI would be more informative about this.
cool, thnx for the heads up

Ya see the thing is i just dont have time to **** about flashing BIOS's and upgrading drivers because its my work machine and if something doesnt work properly (at work) we buy in something that does because time is money and deadlines are always tight. However if its my home (gaming) machine that has an issue ive got all the time in the world to chat, discuss, flash BIOS's, update drivers, tweak, fiddle etc until i find a solution.

RoLo

Last edited by KingRoLo : Nov 6, 2003 at 02:07 PM.
KingRoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 04:28 PM   #6
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAkumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAkumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thumbs up Unified Driver version 7.98.5 is definetly appreciated

I had not upgraded my graphic drivers on my Fire GL 8800 for a long time and I was able to use AutoCad 2002 with no problems and some for 3dsMax so I never bothered to check.

However I had a major hard time playing Halo PC demo and running 3dMark03 just to see what kind of benchmark I could get and all I got was system crashes with an alternate HDD I use for testing.

Just last saturday I remembered to check the German ATI site and decided to take a risk and try the unified drivers and boy what a difference did they make, now I can run Halo PC and 3dMark03 silky smooth and I get better performance with Autocad and 3dsmax, heck I think I want to get more programs.

Unified Driver version 7.98.5 is definetly appreciated, I then checked out ATI's site just to see and they were offering the 7.96.2 version that was also ok, but of course I compared them and got better image quality and benchmark scores with the 7.98.5 installed.

I am so happy I am going to stick with my card and just reformat my system with a new bigger hard drive I just purchased to use as my main drive to compliment my 6 other Hdds between 3 systems.

Helghast... till the end of days!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ52epZ6nWw Gaming Crisis!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNu_-deVemE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9SQduS_r0 Why u mad tho?
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 07:02 PM   #7
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

yea pretty much the same situation with me Akumajo, we were looking for a solution to upgrade our 8800 but these unified drivers seem to do the trick. However im still trying to get a 9800pro and then mod that to a FireGL but in th emean time all is sweet
Old Jun 30, 2005, 04:53 PM   #8
DanaG

DanaG is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

I'm using patched 8.083 drivers on my Radeon 9800 Pro, and even after setting NoTv = 0 in the registry, the old CP only shows Large Desktop. Thus, I've been forced to use CCC to enable cloned TV-out. With ATITray, it's not too bad, though the FireGL CCC is much more sparse than the Radeon CCC.

What I want is, if I ever need and can ever afford a true FireGL, I'd like to see a control panel (even CCC) that has both Radeon and FireGL features, and not just FireGL alone. That way I could do work and play on the same drivers. Look at the way the (really old) FreeFireGL driver panel looks. At one time, I separated D3D and OGL, and enabled several more tabs, for a total of maybe 11 or 12!

Oh yeah, and the FireGL drivers are awesome in AutoCad 2004 and Inventer 10 Pro (Includes MDT 2006), both of which I won in competitions. Smooth viewports and AA lines.

FireGL > Quadro (in name and performance).
DanaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:06 AM   #9
john310

john310 is still being judged by the masses

I am currently using driver version 6.12.10.3064 and previously had 3058 installed in my system with my Fire GL 8800 128MB

Last edited by john310 : Apr 11, 2011 at 07:11 AM.
john310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:13 PM   #10
eheart

eheart is still being judged by the masses

Very helpful links. Thanks! Do you have codes for tiled links on a homepage for a site?
eheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:38 PM   #11
harpinche

harpinche is still being judged by the masses

These are super helpful, thanks man.
harpinche is offline   Reply With Quote