Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Mar 30, 2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

AMD Rage3D Exclusive - 11.3 Catalyst Application Profile #1 for Crysis 2

AMD have sent us a new Catalyst Application Profile, for Crysis 2 to resolve flickering issues for crossfire users of the STEAM version - apparently the retail box version is different from the STEAM version:

• Crysis 2 [STEAM] - Resolves Flickering Screen Issues

Download from Rage3D here!

Retail box owners:

Renaming the Crysis executable to fear.exe apparently resolves the issue, give it a shot with RadeonPro.

For more information on the AMD Catalyst Application Profiles introduced a year ago, read the Rage3D FAQ here. AMD Catalyst Application profiles are for use by all owners, single or multi-GPU, and are all-inclusive - uninstall the old CAP and install the newest one, and you're good to go!

Last edited by caveman-jim : Apr 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Kirma

Kirma is still being judged by the masses

WTF ?!?! its even worse !!!!
Kirma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:46 PM   #3
jurassic1024

jurassic1024 is still being judged by the masses

11.4 March 23 Preview drivers + 11.3 CAP + renaming exe to Fear (retail users must do this according to catalystcreator @ twitter) = large blobs taking up 80% of my screen.

how is it so hard to fix this? why are we not getting consistent updates with what action is being taken on the issue. nothing about what it is or isnt, or even who is responsible for a fix (AMD/nVIDIA or Crytek). BS! this wasnt a problem before the 1.1 Crysis 2 patch, so wtf. i have to use Twitter, rage3d, AMD.com and mycrysis.com daily hoping to finally find a resolution. that is what bugs me the MOST!

AND if AMD is sending you (rage3d) a new CAP, why are those idiots using this site (no offence), instead of their own site. that should be a red flag. if they cant update their own site, how can we expect them to release working drivers/CAPS???

Last edited by jurassic1024 : Mar 31, 2011 at 04:40 AM.
jurassic1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:22 PM   #4
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Thanks for your detailed feedback and analysis.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Michael Turbo
Quadruple CrossfireX™

Michael Turbo is still being judged by the masses

Renaming the .exe to FEAR causes fluctuation between 99 and 20 % GPU usage across the board in Eyefinity. With a heavily modified graphic config, this renders the experience unplayable. 60 fps to 22 consistently every ten to fifteen seconds.

I'm going to torrent the STEAM version if I have to, I'm damn bothered by this. Crytek's incompetence has become legendary at this point, releasing a triple A title broken from end to end. I fail to see how AMD was limited, providing a fix for the exact same game accessed without a ****ty interface.

Sent via rooted Nexus 10 Turbo

i7 2600K 5.48 GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7 | 16GB Ripjawz CAS 9 2173 MHz | MSI Radeon 7970 x2 1300 MHz/1650 MHZ | Swiftech Apogee XT2 | Swiftech XP / QP MCR 420 x 2/MCR 320 x 2 | Swiftech MCP-35X/MCP-655 || Mach 1 1220 PSU #2 | Vertex 3 (RAID 0), Force GT, Intel X25M, Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, Seagate 2TB | NEC 231 x 5 3544x1920 (3x1) | 6000x1920 (5x1) | HP zr30 2560x1600 |
Michael Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 02:05 AM   #6
cerealkeller

cerealkeller is still being judged by the masses

I have Catalyst 11.4 preview Mar. 23, and these newer profiles and it doesn't help with the flickering effect at all. No change. I havn't tried it with Catalyst 11.3 drivers. Anyone able to comment on that?
cerealkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 02:16 AM   #7
DOXau
Random Lurker

DOXau is still being judged by the masses

Yeh using the 11.3 cap profile or renaming fearing doesnt work on the digitial EA download version.
Using the caps still flickering + bad fps, renaming fear, hud flickers instead and screen goes bright when moving with weird full screen shadow blobs and 2x as dark when still.
DOXau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:34 AM   #8
jurassic1024

Retail box owners:
Renaming the Crysis executable to fear.exe apparently resolves the issue, give it a shot with RadeonPro.

What is the purpose of using RadeonPro to rename an exe?
Why does the steam version get a CAP, but retail is stuck with renaming?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:03 AM   #9
JaBs
Radeon R100

JaBs is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassic1024 View Post
Why does the steam version get a CAP, but retail is stuck with renaming?
I guess both versions share the same executable filename, so AMD have probably assumed that it'll be easier for retail users to change the filename, that's all.

Changing the executable file name on the Steam version isn't as straightforward, particularly as the 'mklink' workaround method wouldn't be any use to WinXP users.

It's a bit of a naff solution, but that's just one of the few downsides to linking profiles to executable names.
JaBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:37 AM   #10
cerealkeller

cerealkeller is still being judged by the masses

Here's what happened to me. I have the Steam version. I installed the 11.3 app profile and it didn't help at 1920x1080 fullscreen. I enabled Eyefinity 5760x1080 and the flickering was gone. Then I uninstalled the 11.3 app proflie and reinstalled the 11.2 cap 4 profile and now all flickering is gone, under any conditions. The audio during loading screens is garbled now, and I'm seeing decreased performance by about 5 fps on average. That's it. Unfortunately those 5 fps sucked my frame rate in Eyefinity down to a point that's nearly unplayable at some points. I'm good on single screen though.
cerealkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 09:21 AM   #11
jurassic1024

tell me how messed up this is...

nVIDIA says the flickering issue is with the game.

@catalystcreator on twitter says AMD is working on new CAPS for all versions of Crysis 2.

nothing from Crytek or EA.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 01:58 AM   #12
DnL
HD3850 AGP 512MB

DnL is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation

I still have hope that issue will be fixed in 11.4 plus an 15% FPS boost to make us happy