Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 19, 2009, 04:58 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

I submitted a support request to Aspyr, and their support department initially blew me off by saying they couldn't duplicate the issue (which they did incorrectly, by testing on a system set to stereo speaker setup) and that the problem is with my system (yeah I guess I have the magical "affect music only, even though it goes through the same API as sound effects" setting turned on).

So I uploaded a snarky video and forwarded it to their feedback contact: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAGH6ShhLME

Now they say the can duplicate the issue and forwarded it to their dev team, but that it might not be fixed anyway because it's not game breaking.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:48 AM   #182
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

So I finished the game last night. To the game's credit, it was at least perfectly stable for me. I never experienced a crash. Also I thought the graphics were quite good, and though the framerate may be locked, it was acceptably smooth throughout for my taste.

I liked the game. Now I admit some of that might related to a dearth of any decent Star Wars games for a long time. So even something only half-decent would probably seem good.

However, plot-wise, the ending of the game royally pissed me off. Spoilers follow.

I generally roll my eyes at moments in action movies and other fiction when the protaganist beats the supremely evil antagonist and is about to kill him, but instead let's him live because if he killed him "he'd be just as bad as the enemy" then. Ugh. In the black and white world of action movies, the single act of killing someone who is inherently evil and has slaughtered hundreds, thousands, or millions of innocents, does not make you as bad as them.

This brings us to the end of Force Unleashed, where after beating the Emperor, the most horrible, evil, despicable son of a gun in the universe, the good Jedi that mentored you goes "no don't kill him, or you'll be right back where you started [on the Dark Side]". Nevermind that you killed an absolute sh*tload of arguably more innocent stormtroopers (even if they are clones) and Imperial officers (not clones!) getting to Palpatine. Of course, Palpatine, somewhat feigning weakness, just gets back up and ends up killing the apprentice - yeah, didn't see that coming

This annoyed me more than any of these moments in any movie. Now ok, I know they had to preserve the continuity, but if you have a chance to kill the Emperor, you ****ing take it! Palpatine doesn't have justification, he's not going to be redeemed, he's just an evil bastard, and letting him live will serve no good. We're talking about the guy responsible for the wholesale slaughter of almost every Jedi in the galaxy, and this Jedi, one the few left says "don't kill him"? How bloody stupid is he?

I really wish they had come up with some better way to resolve the plot than Kota going "let him live". It's just so annoying to actually beat the most evil bastard in the galaxy and then have it taken away from you in a cutscene because of another character's stupidity (especially one who's not supposed to be stupid). I mean they could have had the Emperor collapse the room as a last restort just before being defeated or something like that; and the apprentice sacrifices himself to holding up the room while the others escape and the Emperor runs away in the meantime as well.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:28 PM   #183
s0meguy
Radeon R100

s0meguy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
So I finished the game last night. To the game's credit, it was at least perfectly stable for me. I never experienced a crash. Also I thought the graphics were quite good, and though the framerate may be locked, it was acceptably smooth throughout for my taste.

I liked the game. Now I admit some of that might related to a dearth of any decent Star Wars games for a long time. So even something only half-decent would probably seem good.

However, plot-wise, the ending of the game royally pissed me off. Spoilers follow.

I generally roll my eyes at moments in action movies and other fiction when the protaganist beats the supremely evil antagonist and is about to kill him, but instead let's him live because if he killed him "he'd be just as bad as the enemy" then. Ugh. In the black and white world of action movies, the single act of killing someone who is inherently evil and has slaughtered hundreds, thousands, or millions of innocents, does not make you as bad as them.

This brings us to the end of Force Unleashed, where after beating the Emperor, the most horrible, evil, despicable son of a gun in the universe, the good Jedi that mentored you goes "no don't kill him, or you'll be right back where you started [on the Dark Side]". Nevermind that you killed an absolute sh*tload of arguably more innocent stormtroopers (even if they are clones) and Imperial officers (not clones!) getting to Palpatine. Of course, Palpatine, somewhat feigning weakness, just gets back up and ends up killing the apprentice - yeah, didn't see that coming

This annoyed me more than any of these moments in any movie. Now ok, I know they had to preserve the continuity, but if you have a chance to kill the Emperor, you ****ing take it! Palpatine doesn't have justification, he's not going to be redeemed, he's just an evil bastard, and letting him live will serve no good. We're talking about the guy responsible for the wholesale slaughter of almost every Jedi in the galaxy, and this Jedi, one the few left says "don't kill him"? How bloody stupid is he?

I really wish they had come up with some better way to resolve the plot than Kota going "let him live". It's just so annoying to actually beat the most evil bastard in the galaxy and then have it taken away from you in a cutscene because of another character's stupidity (especially one who's not supposed to be stupid). I mean they could have had the Emperor collapse the room as a last restort just before being defeated or something like that; and the apprentice sacrifices himself to holding up the room while the others escape and the Emperor runs away in the meantime as well.
not to mention that you simply get your ass kicked if you kill vader. also, the ending with the girl was also really cliche and definitely the stupidest ending to a videogame i've ever seen.
s0meguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:47 PM   #184
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I have two missions to go but i kinda lost interest. the game has its moments but its low on content.. so im thinking of watching the cutscenes and just calling it a day. now to see if they can be opened with some media player...
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 01:07 AM   #185
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post

I would have ended it like; Revan flies down (without a ship, he's 4000 years old, he doesn't need one ) and picks the "apprentice" up after the apprentice beats the emperor, and takes him off to fight the real sith, and find the builders.... and maybe Neo...

... Jone-zing for a KoTOR fix...
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:28 PM   #186
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

just started playing this game after buying it from the steam sale.
it is a decent game overall...however there is no sound during some of the cutscenes and during the very first tutorial level it crushed to the desktop twice.
after that it didn't crash at all though.
could have been a better port, but for 7 bucks it is decent enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:52 PM   #187
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I want to play it, and yet i don't want to play it... grrr... was it worth the 30gb download.. i couldn't even download that in one month without going over my cap

Meh, there is supposed to be a new retail box coming out, so i may get that.

How are you enjoying the story? Apparently its actually pretty goode?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 03:17 AM   #188
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I want to play it, and yet i don't want to play it... grrr... was it worth the 30gb download.. i couldn't even download that in one month without going over my cap

Meh, there is supposed to be a new retail box coming out, so i may get that.

How are you enjoying the story? Apparently its actually pretty goode?
Story is pretty ****ing cool, gameplay mechanics are pretty ****ing cool, authentic sound etc is pretty ****ing cool, your apprentice is pretty ****ing cool so only legitimate reason not to play it is that it is a crap port but; however, that has been fixed through patches so overall it is worth the 7-8 hours.

I had loads of fun when I played it on the sexbox.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 08:19 AM   #189
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Story is pretty ****ing cool, gameplay mechanics are pretty ****ing cool, authentic sound etc is pretty ****ing cool, your apprentice is pretty ****ing cool so only legitimate reason not to play it is that it is a crap port but; however, that has been fixed through patches so overall it is worth the 7-8 hours.

I had loads of fun when I played it on the sexbox.
****ing a!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 09:09 AM   #190
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
so only legitimate reason not to play it is that it is a crap port but
Well, that and that it's not canon, when placed in line with the other stories, it is absolutely ridiculous. I am glad to see it is a goode game though, i guess i will definitely get the collectors ed when it comes out.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 06:19 PM   #191
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
if you have a cap, then it is not worth the 30gb.
I suggest you download some portions of it every month and so on to make sure you don't go over the cap.

the story is decent but because there is no sound during some of the cutscenes that ruins the story for me. I don't think that is a problem with my system only since I have seen other people complain about that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:07 PM   #192
jackfuste
Radeon R100

jackfuste is still being judged by the masses

I made a loader for increase fps limit to 61FPS.
Copy 61FPS.exe in the game folder and run it. (It only works on version 1.0, STWU.exe file size 16,207,872 byte.)

Edit: New link

Last edited by jackfuste : Jul 5, 2014 at 03:19 PM.
jackfuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:29 PM   #193
Nitz Walsh
Radeon R700

Nitz Walsh is still being judged by the masses

Wow, even for the original as well. You rule.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 02:08 PM   #194
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfuste View Post
I made a loader for increase fps limit to 61FPS.
Copy 61FPS.exe in the game folder and run it. (It only works on version 1.0, STWU.exe file size 16,207,872 byte.)
Thanks dude

Any chance of doing it for patched game or should I reinstall at once
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 02:33 PM   #195
jackfuste
Radeon R100

jackfuste is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
Thanks dude
Any chance of doing it for patched game or should I reinstall at once
That's for the patched version:
v. 1.0 - STWU.exe file size 16,207,872 byte - 61FPS.exe, 61FPS.exe (mirror)
v. 1.1 - STWU.exe file size 29*634*560 or 16*248*832 byte - 61FPS.exe, 61FPS.exe (mirror)
v. 1.2 - STWU.exe file size 15*319*040 - 61FPS.exe, 61FPS.exe (mirror)
Probably will work for files with different size.

Edit: New link

Last edited by jackfuste : Jul 5, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
jackfuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 03:02 PM   #196
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

Awesome!. To be fair I was expecting 60fps with the same stuttering as before but, somehow it just works perfectly
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:16 PM   #197
arathad

arathad is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfuste View Post
That's for the patched version:
v. 1.0 - STWU.exe file size 16,207,872 byte - 61FPS.exe
v. 1.1 - STWU.exe file size 29*634*560 or 16*248*832 byte - 61FPS.exe
v. 1.2 - STWU.exe file size 15*319*040 - 61FPS.exe
Probably will work for files with different size.

Wow man, is there any chance you could make a like 50 fps limiter for TFU 2?

Because in TFU 2 when I use 60fps fix fps stays like 50-55 and game is in slow motion bullet time like in max payne O_o, lucasarts sux for doing this slo-mo thing when your fps falls under limit...

Is it time consuming? If not please consider making a 50 one
arathad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 06:54 PM   #198
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The files cannot be downloaded from there anymore. Too many user requests for it. Can you host it some place else?
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 07:51 AM   #199
LoloBreizhou

LoloBreizhou is still being judged by the masses

Hello everybody!

Someone could upload the FPS unlocker in an other place (DropBox is saturated), like megaupload or rapidshare?

Thanks!
LoloBreizhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:26 PM   #200
Alchima

Alchima is still being judged by the masses

I got a bug which only appear by using the mod. Everytime I take a non-living objekt (e.g. stones) by the force (right-klick) it moves automatically up in the sky. I can pul it down with the mouse but only very slow. This bug makes the Starship boss at Raxus Prime unbeatabel. There are also many other points in the game where I can not countinue playing because of the bug. Have anyone noticed this bug?

(sry for bad english)
Alchima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 01:18 PM   #201
-Twingo-

-Twingo- is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchima View Post
I got a bug which only appear by using the mod. Everytime I take a non-living objekt (e.g. stones) by the force (right-klick) it moves automatically up in the sky. I can pul it down with the mouse but only very slow. This bug makes the Starship boss at Raxus Prime unbeatabel. There are also many other points in the game where I can not countinue playing because of the bug. Have anyone noticed this bug?

(sry for bad english)
The force is not strong in you
-Twingo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 06:15 PM   #202
2DarkWolf29

2DarkWolf29 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchima View Post
Yes, I have this issue too. It only happens when running the game with 61FPS.exe. It's like when you first grab an object and it rises off the ground. It seems to keep doing that, up and up it goes. You can pull it back down, but it constantly wants to go back up. Makes it very hard to aim the object something to throw it.

The 61fps is nice otherwise.

DW
2DarkWolf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 06:22 PM   #203
Nitz Walsh
Radeon R700

Nitz Walsh is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DarkWolf29 View Post
Yes, I have this issue too. It only happens when running the game with 61FPS.exe. It's like when you first grab an object and it rises off the ground. It seems to keep doing that, up and up it goes. You can pull it back down, but it constantly wants to go back up. Makes it very hard to aim the object something to throw it.

The 61fps is nice otherwise.

DW
Yeah I noticed that in the training, but I haven't encountered that in the actual game with the 61fps.exe (or I just haven't played the campaign with it enough).

It's just night and day after playing it at 60fps - 30fps just looks awful. Can't go back, even though I get some slowdown periods.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 06:40 PM   #204
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

I´ve finished the main campaign no issues, just a couple of ctd.

I´ve reuploaded 1.0 and 1.2, I don´t have the 1.1 fix:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ordac68hty1uz9d
Old Nov 1, 2010, 07:14 PM   #205
Alchima

You are right, after playing at 60 FPS I cant look at the game in 30 FPS mod anymore. I tried it with all three versions, but nothing change. Its a shame, the 60 FPS mod is actually awesome. Damn, there must be a solution.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 07:27 PM   #206
2DarkWolf29

I forgot to mention, I use keyboard and mouse controls. Is that what you use Alchima?

DW
Old Nov 1, 2010, 08:54 PM   #207
Alchima

Yea, I use Keyboard and Mouse too. Do you thing the issue is because of this?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:00 PM   #208
2DarkWolf29

I don't know, it was just a thought. I wonder if anyone with a gamepad has this problem.

DW
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:54 AM   #209
hdtv

hdtv is still being judged by the masses

Any fix for the Sound Bug music comes still from the left speaker.stereo runs fine but thats not the way for my homecinema

any help please

ps. Asus Xonar DX win764bit .....ticket to aspire no luck.so many players with this problem with asus,creativ or onboard sound but aspyr cant fix the problem thats a mess.

Last edited by hdtv : Nov 17, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
hdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2015, 01:02 AM   #210
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just started playing this game and honestly am not liking it very much. The controls feel really clunky. For example, if you let off the forward movement button for even a second, you have to come to a complete stop before moving again.

Game play also seems pretty stupid. Fight through a bunch of scrub enemies in pretty much bare levels. Sure you can throw things around the world, but the novelty of that wears off really quick. Supposedly there are different attacks, but the most effective strategy just seems to mash the attack button.

I loved the Jedi Knight games, but this just doesn't feel the same at all. Does it get better than this, or should I just throw in the towel?
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote