Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

"

Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:46 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ExoTic
Banned

ExoTic is still being judged by the masses

Default Forceware 260.52 totally redesigned!

download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WP5P9AHX enjoy! this might contain the low gpu usage and bad company 2 stuttering if not whql version should have it.

Edit: hey mods umm i spelled totaly wrong and redesinged wrong could u fix it plz cuz i was so damn excited!!

Last edited by ExoTic : Sep 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM.
ExoTic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:56 AM   #2
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

You spell lots of things wrong. I doubt its from excitement.

So they changed the way the install looks, and this is a total redesign?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky once held a door open for a complete strangerHapatingjaky once held a door open for a complete strangerHapatingjaky once held a door open for a complete stranger

There are reports that this does not work on the G80 variants, this is more then likely the screwed up driver that Nvidia was planning to release a week ago but held back due to a bug.

The driver does contain the low GPU usuage fix and no BC2 stuttering as well as various other titles from reports on GUru3d as well as other sites.

There's a new option in the Nvidia CP having to do with "Dynamic Tiling", no one knows what its for.
Intel Core i7 5930K @ 4.5GHz, Asus X99 Deluxe, Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2800MHz DDR4, EVGA GTX 980 SLI Superclock, Creative Labs Soundblaster Z, OCZ Vector 512GB Raid 0, Corsair AXI 1200i PSU, SilverStone Temjin TJ11, Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Naga 2014, Samsung U28D590 4K Display, Windows 8.1 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:14 PM   #4
ExoTic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post

So they changed the way the install looks, and this is a total redesign?
TOTALLY DUDE! well the menu looks the same. lol .
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:31 PM   #5
ExoTic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
There are reports that this does not work on the G80 variants, this is more then likely the screwed up driver that Nvidia was planning to release a week ago but held back due to a bug.

The driver does contain the low GPU usuage fix and no BC2 stuttering as well as various other titles from reports on GUru3d as well as other sites.

There's a new option in the Nvidia CP having to do with "Dynamic Tiling", no one knows what its for.
what do they mean on bc2 stuttering? i never experienced it yet even wit the official ones and 259.47 is it only on g80 cards? and yes i see the new dynamic tiling maybe for old games.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:35 PM   #6
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwards

Dynamic tiling is a multi-gpu multi-thread performance booster, supposedly
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:51 PM   #7
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky once held a door open for a complete strangerHapatingjaky once held a door open for a complete strangerHapatingjaky once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoTic View Post
what do they mean on bc2 stuttering? i never experienced it yet even wit the official ones and 259.47 is it only on g80 cards? and yes i see the new dynamic tiling maybe for old games.
There's a few huge threads on it on both Guru3D and the Nvidia forums, its random really, I haven't installed BC2 for a while so I never knew about it. Seems Nvidia has been having problems with BC2 for the last 2 driver releases. FPS wise everything seems fine but gameplay feels like sub 30FPS. I installed it on the weekend and yep I've got the same problem. Same as my brother last night on his new Asus 460 CU ( awesome card by the way ). The fix is to disable one CPU core and it fixes the issue.

This is not the only title with this issue, seems alot of the Microstutter problems on the Nvidia side can be fixed by disabling one CPU core. This driver is supposed to fix it.

Dosen't matter if you own AMD or Nvidia, both sides have driver issues...
Intel Core i7 5930K @ 4.5GHz, Asus X99 Deluxe, Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2800MHz DDR4, EVGA GTX 980 SLI Superclock, Creative Labs Soundblaster Z, OCZ Vector 512GB Raid 0, Corsair AXI 1200i PSU, SilverStone Temjin TJ11, Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Naga 2014, Samsung U28D590 4K Display, Windows 8.1 Professional X64
Old Sep 8, 2010, 01:11 PM   #8
ExoTic
Banned

okay i did i lil bit of experiment about this new dynamic tiling. for me the best combination is to turn on "Multithreaded optimizations on" and put "dynamic tiling to safe" with is combo i am getting 20 to 38% cpu usage compare to 14-18 percent cpu usage wit multithreaded set to auto and dynamic tiling set to nvidia recommended. and i sure did notice a boost in Frames in Just Cause 2 thats all the games i tested so far and im only using one 480 gtx ill test it again when my tri-sli set up is complete before this weekend. this drivers are well optimized for the 400 series and runs crap on the 200 series prolly thats why they didnt release it publicly just like hapatingjaky said.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 01:35 PM   #9
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Dynamic Tiling Description

Simultaneous multithreaded (SMT) processors use data caches which are dynamically shared between threads. Depending on the processor workload, sharing the data cache may harm performance due to excessive cache conflicts. A way to overcome this problem is to physically partition the cache between threads. Unfortunately, partitioning the cache requires additional hardware and may lead to lower utilisation of the cache in certain workloads. It is therefore important to consider software mechanisms to implicitly partition the cache between threads by controlling the locations in the cache in which each thread can load data. This paper proposes standard program transformations for partitioning the shared data caches of SMT processors, if and only if there are conflicts between threads in the shared cache at runtime. We propose transformations based on dynamic tiling. The key idea is to use two tile sizes in the program, one for single-threaded execution mode and one suitable for multithreaded execution mode and switch between tile sizes at runtime. Our transformations combine dynamic tiling with either copying or storing arrays in block layout. The paper presents an implementation of these transformations along with runtime mechanisms for detecting cache contention between threads and react to it on-the-fly. Our experimental results show that for regular, perfect loop nests, these transformations provide substantial performance improvements.

Example:

CPU Intensive games running on more then 2 cores may benefit by increasing this value to 2 or higher.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=99

Just when you thought the world and its forums were doomed; a new hero saves the day: http://i26.tinypic.com/okpfs8.jpg
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 01:56 PM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

acroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoTic View Post
Edit: hey mods umm i spelled totaly wrong and redesinged wrong could u fix it plz cuz i was so damn excited!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Agreed. Stay in school kids!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 02:16 PM   #11
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Don't you mean skewl?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:23 PM   #12
acroig
Master Troll

acroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Don't you mean skewl?
Yes, I do.

yoz
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:37 PM   #13
JesterOnYer6
User ******

JesterOnYer6 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Eye kin teech ewe ta spill reel gude.
System 4: Dell 760|Core2Q 9650|250GB Drive|4GB RAM|9800GT|Seven Pro
Server 1: Dell T-3500|Xenon W3550|12GB RAM|3TB Storage|Server 2008
Server 2: HP 470EX|WHS
JesterOnYer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:13 PM   #14
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterOnYer6 View Post

yoz
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:21 PM   #15
ExoTic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterOnYer6 View Post
dus dat werd evan exEst? lol if so wut lengidge?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:51 PM   #16
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwards

CPU Intensive games running on more then 2 cores may benefit by increasing this value to 2 or higher.

but the setting values are off, default, safe and unsafe....
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:58 PM   #17
ExoTic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post

but the setting values are off, default, safe and unsafe....
i'd say unsafe is for pure performance but apps or games could crash and safe is like in balanced. just play wit it no harm will be done to ur system.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 09:48 PM   #18
the_sextein
Rage3D Veteran

the_sextein is still being judged by the masses

Thanks for the heads up on these drivers.

SLI finally works with GTA 4. MSI afterburner is showing both of my GPU's running at 90 to 99% utilization at all times and the shadow flickering is gone. General performance is more smooth.

Just cause 2 gained about 3FPS on the minumum end. Concrete jungle benchmark has not moved but in game is a little faster. Seems to increase a few FPS with each driver release. Using "unsafe instead of "Nvidia recomended in the "tiling options" doesn't seem to change performance for me.

The new installer is nice. Great driver set.

One thing I thought I would mention that isn't particular to this driver set but to Nvidia's SG-SSAA tool. In the game "Doom 3" if you enable TSAA it uses the SG-SSAA setting automatically. If you use the SG-SSAA tool it will actually dissable SG-SSAA in the game Doom 3. I would assume the "bug" that caused this was not fixed for OpenGL titles so the tool dissables it rather than enables it. Also the SG-SSAA tool still causes corruption in the game "Bioshock 2" Since the SG-SSAA tool is not officially supported I don't expect these problems to be fixed but I thought I would mention them. This tool may not work perfectly in all titles but it does give a massive increase to image quality in some titles.

As for the drivers. Nvidia is doing a great job. I don't think I have a single problem and I have 32 games installed on my system at the moment. Unless these drivers broke something from before I would say I have no problems with any of my games at the moment. Very nice.

One more thing that I noticed with my setup. I selected my second GTX 480 to handle physX in the game Cryostasis and it actually smoothed out the performance of the game. FPS are about the same but the game doesn't hiccup whenever physX effects are on screen. By Default I think the drivers use the first card and it was causing some hiccups when phsyx effects would spring into view. Just a tip for anyone to try if they are playing that title.

Last edited by the_sextein : Sep 8, 2010 at 09:53 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:12 AM   #19
Napoleonic
Rage3D Veteran

Napoleonic is still being judged by the masses

mirrors? *found a mirror* http://www.mediafire.com/?3p8dbgfk3d481vt *btw, how do I use the strikethrough thingy?

btw, does this one have 'fixed aspect ratio' option for 3D mode? for playing games with non native res.

Last edited by Napoleonic : Sep 9, 2010 at 07:15 AM.
Napoleonic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 08:23 AM   #20
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Had to uninstall these. Digital Vibrance won't work and problems with Nvidia Surround support. Will wait for the Nvidia release scheduled for Monday.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:31 PM   #21
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Had to uninstall these. Digital Vibrance won't work and problems with Nvidia Surround support. Will wait for the Nvidia release scheduled for Monday.
Can't wait for the official release. Most of my prior issues went away when I went to nVidia. Although I had stopped playing BC2 awhile back. I tried that game this weekend and it seemed to perform less than desirable and actually crashed a few times. So any fixes on that front would be desirable.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:49 PM   #22
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

nVidia

i thought these were due out today, so where are they?
erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:07 PM   #23
erek
Banned

Per Bryan Del Rizzo at NVIDIA this driver is under NDA until Sept. 13. It will be made available to the public that day @ 9 AM EST. Details of this new driver will be published in an NV News article on that date.

its well beyond 9AM EST, and i don't see the drivers... showstopped?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:09 PM   #24
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Aye, they released the Tesla driver, but its not a Display driver.... We were tricked.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:14 PM   #25
erek
Banned

Quote:
Aye, they released the Tesla driver, but its not a Display driver.... We were tricked.
you can modify the INF to make it work
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:20 PM   #26
erek
Banned

nVidia

hmm,
TESLA DRIVER RELEASE 260

Version:
260.61 BETA

...wonder what's going on?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:06 PM   #27
AluminumHaste
Rage3D Veteran

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

check the Nivida FTP server?
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:12 PM   #28
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
check the Nivida FTP server?
nothing but ancient files on there,

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:21 PM   #29
AluminumHaste
Rage3D Veteran

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
nothing but ancient files on there,

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/
Yeah that's weird, the Solaris files are up to date, but the Windows files are ancient.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:25 PM   #30
Iron99
PFEE Rocks

Iron99 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
Per Bryan Del Rizzo at NVIDIA this driver is under NDA until Sept. 13. It will be made available to the public that day @ 9 AM EST. Details of this new driver will be published in an NV News article on that date.

its well beyond 9AM EST, and i don't see the drivers... showstopped?
Question....

Does the EST. stand for "Eastern Standard Time" or "estimated"?

I'm thinking estimated.
Iron99 is offline   Reply With Quote