Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:07 PM   #511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
-n7-
Rage3D Veteran

-n7- is still being judged by the masses

Valve time

If it actually unlocks at the new time of 11pm for me, i might get an hour in before i gotta get to bed.

Sux...going to have to basically wait till tomorrow.

n7

n7
-n7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:53 PM   #512
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

delayed 24 hours

valve time
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:07 PM   #513
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
delayed 24 hours

valve time
in the meantime we can continue to talk about SirBaron's ass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:42 PM   #514
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

'I will survive L4D2'

at the trimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:53 AM   #515
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once held a door open for a complete strangerArrowhead once held a door open for a complete strangerArrowhead once held a door open for a complete stranger

I love how they leave us hanging all day for nothing. Typical Valve, nothing has changed...
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:57 AM   #516
dark_preacher
Rage3D Veteran

Location: United States i'm no hero. never was. never will be.
dark_preacher is still being judged by the masses

haha, that was genious. this has to be some kind of joke on their part.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 02:54 AM   #517
Cordl3ssPen
nareteV D3egaR

Cordl3ssPen is still being judged by the masses

Seems people have been digging through the L4D2 files, heres some of what they found:
  • there seems to be some mention of two DLC packs, people are unsure of if it is for L4D1 or 2 but here is the copy/paste (due to the mention of the Survival Pack, people think its for the 1st game).
HTML Code:
// DLC strings:
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_1" "Miracle Pack"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_1" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_1" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Miracle Pack.\n"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_1" "Please, download Miracle Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_1" "Would you like to download Survival Pack 1 content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
//
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_2" "Apocalyptic Pack"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_2" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_2" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Apocalyptic Pack.\n"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_2" "Please, download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_2" "Would you like to download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
// End of DLC strings
  • in the Maplist, there is mention of the original campaigns, speculation on whether they will be included in the final version has come up
  • because this is the dedicated server files, people have found mention of being able to pick the original survivors in the lobby (Mugshots from the lobby character selector)
  • Swamp Fever and Dead Center campaigns only have 4 maps each
  • Here is a whole list of VMF and VMT files that you can view using this program.
This is the location of the files so you can view them on your own if you want.
Cordl3ssPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:04 AM   #518
ukHazard
Rage3D Veteran

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Are there any 4 pack purchasers still looking for buyers? I get paid tomorrow...
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:42 PM   #519
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukHazard View Post
Are there any 4 pack purchasers still looking for buyers? I get paid tomorrow...
Knootcn, i think thats his name mentioned he still has 2 copies from the 4 pack he needs top get rid of.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:52 PM   #520
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

AGGHHH!! Valve Rage! AGGGHHH!! Infinity Ward Rage! AGGHHH!! Rage Rage! etc

Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:08 PM   #521
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sure glad console users got there demo yesterday and PC users are still waiting....
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:18 PM   #522
FrAg Of FuRy
Banned

FrAg Of FuRy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
Sure glad console users got there demo yesterday and PC users are still waiting....
Pretty big middle finger from Gabe to pc users - literal and figurative

I like how people hold valve's nuts for steam and keeping the pc community alive and then every time they delay a game people swear them off like the plague lol. I've been searching teh intrawebs and some of the contradictions are
FrAg Of FuRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:35 PM   #523
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post

what's ironic is that the delay was attributed to some problems with deploying dedicated servers for the demo. those files were released earlier today. maybe they should have released the pc version without a dedicated server... i mean, that goes down very well with pc gamers right?

if they meant for the console users to get the demo first, i'm pretty sure microsoft would have made a big deal about getting it 'exclusively'.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:04 PM   #524
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default L4D2 Demo Unlocked

Restart Steam! Go go go go go!
Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:26 PM   #525
SirBaron
Rage3D Spammer

SirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled with

Yep Decrypting files right now.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:27 PM   #526
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordl3ssPen View Post
Seems people have been digging through the L4D2 files, heres some of what they found:
  • there seems to be some mention of two DLC packs, people are unsure of if it is for L4D1 or 2 but here is the copy/paste (due to the mention of the Survival Pack, people think its for the 1st game).
HTML Code:
// DLC strings:
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_1" "Miracle Pack"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_1" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_1" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Miracle Pack.\n"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_1" "Please, download Miracle Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_1" "Would you like to download Survival Pack 1 content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
//
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_2" "Apocalyptic Pack"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_2" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_2" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Apocalyptic Pack.\n"
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_2" "Please, download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
// "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_2" "Would you like to download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
// End of DLC strings
  • in the Maplist, there is mention of the original campaigns, speculation on whether they will be included in the final version has come up
  • because this is the dedicated server files, people have found mention of being able to pick the original survivors in the lobby (Mugshots from the lobby character selector)
  • Swamp Fever and Dead Center campaigns only have 4 maps each
  • Here is a whole list of VMF and VMT files that you can view using this program.
This is the location of the files so you can view them on your own if you want.
more then likely just left over files, happens with sequels that use the same engine as before, you should see all the stuff thats still left over in bg2, and even iwd/pst as bg1 files left over.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:54 PM   #527
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post

I like how people hold valve's nuts for steam and keeping the pc community alive and then every time they delay a game people swear them off like the plague lol. I've been searching teh intrawebs and some of the contradictions are
Valve, as the controller of a digital distribution system, is pretty damn good.
Valve, as a game developer, is a lazy mother ****er who doesn't give a **** about its fans.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:43 PM   #528
SirBaron
Rage3D Spammer

SirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled with

Ok... that was pretty awesome.

Localised damage location, so now zombies take damage depending where you shoot them. So you can blow a zombies head in half, or blow the rib cage open, or even their back., sometimes I've seen zombies get their arm blown off and still run at you.

Zombie corpses now stay, and react to ragdoll events much better like explosions from pipebombs. (major gibbage)

New special infected are sweet, and the older ones now sound different and look different, and omg the female boomer lmao.

You can now revive dead team members with the defib, bile bombs if they hit enemy infected become targets of other infected.

Too much to list really, all I can say is, well worth the money.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:45 PM   #529
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

very nice demo valve have delivered again!

few nitpicks though... everything seems huge in the game. weapons, text, zombies, menu... everything. really hope there's a way to scale it down a bit in the final game. the music is, well, different. not as good as l4d in my opinion, but maybe it's a matter of getting used to it.

otherwise, really fun game. the new zombies and weapons are awesome. the combat shotgun is hands down my favorite new weapon . otherwise, the guitar is cool, so is the katana and the ak47... there's a crescendo event in the demo that's quite nice. looks like they're mixing things up
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:49 PM   #530
SeRRasalmus
Radeon HD 6950

SeRRasalmus is still being judged by the masses

my pre order key wont work still....wtf

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy SH&!...what a ride"
SeRRasalmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:56 PM   #531
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

Last edited by spindoctor : Oct 28, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:57 PM   #532
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

more

Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:01 PM   #533
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have to disagree with you guys. I am pretty unimpressed with the demo. Having daytime missions was a mistake, it causes the game to lose its whole atmosphere. The melee weapons are basically worthless. There's no real reason I'd ever use them over pistols, except just for fun. The new survivors lack the character of the original ones. The two white men in particular look way too similar. Having a bunch of different weapons is more of an annoyance than anything else, as you can't easily tell them apart on the ground. None of the changes really add that much to the game. And, honestly, the fact that the zombies react to rag doll effects, who could care less about that? That has no impact on the gameplay at all.

I'm really regretting I purchased the game at this point.

Last edited by Nagorak : Oct 28, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:09 PM   #534
SirBaron
Rage3D Spammer

So what if it doesn't impact gameplay, things can just be added cos it looks nice. L4D is pretty much already perfect in gameplay department as it is.

The daytime mission is my new fav, and I hope they make more.

Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:11 PM   #535
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Oh and the worst thing is the demo is bugged and unmutes my mic every time the level loads. So I get to hear a bunch of feedback if my speakers are on.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:17 PM   #536
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once held a door open for a complete strangerArrowhead once held a door open for a complete strangerArrowhead once held a door open for a complete stranger

I rather like it. Looks like they redid all of the sounds and effects. It looks nicer and it runs like a champ.

I found the melee weapons to be very useful when I was running low on ammo, not to mention that they are very fun to use. Especially the machete. It seemed as if there is a bit less ammo available this time around then there was in the original.

There is plenty of light in this one, so it's true you don't need the flashlight nearly as much. Overall, I think this is a fairly satisfying L4D sequel.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:20 PM   #537
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
I rather like it. Looks like they redid all of the sounds and effects. It looks nicer and it runs like a champ.

I found the melee weapons to be very useful when I was running low on ammo,
Do they not give you ammo in this game? The only time I ran out of ammo was when I randomly emptied clips for no reason. "omg, I'm out of ammo" Then stop unloading 20 rounds into a dying body.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:25 PM   #538
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
Do they not give you ammo in this game? The only time I ran out of ammo was when I randomly emptied clips for no reason. "omg, I'm out of ammo" Then stop unloading 20 rounds into a dying body.
I guess it depends on the weapon. I rarely ran out of ammo in the original, but in this one I found myself empty fairly fast with the sub machine gun and that scoped rifle(not sniper).
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:28 PM   #539
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

it's possible to run low/out of ammo. especially with the shotguns, which have reduced ammo capacities now (something like ~10+55 shells now v/s ~10+110 in l4d).

the thing is, the number of ammo piles are reduced. instead, there are lots of weapons lying around. so when you are short on ammo, you switch that gun with another one you will inevitably find at pretty short intervals. i think valve might have rigged the weapon spawn locations for the demo so that they can spawn more weapons for people to try out. a map usually doesn't have 5-6 different weapon spawn points. since they're planning to introduce ammo packs in the full game, and with the addition of melee weapons... i would imagine lowering ammo availability is something they have in mind.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:41 PM   #540
Porter_
Radeon HD 6950

Porter_ is still being judged by the masses

holy **** this game is a lot of fun. the new zombies are great.

Desert Eagle:

killing zombies with a frying pan is awesome. makes me laugh every time i hear the "dong" sound.

dead zombies:

dual wield with different pistols:

nightstick:

the melee weapons are a ton of fun

Porter_ is offline   Reply With Quote