Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Default Nvidia Forceware 186.39 @laptopvideo2go ( recommended )

Apparantly these drivers are very good and i might go back to these that i had with vista . They are cooler and better average framerates than any of the new 190 series so far.

Even Ganjastar liked em

Quote:
best driver i have used in a while. better then 190.38, or anything else. Alt tabbing smooth and fast, l4d no crashes or stuttering like with some sets.

keepers until 190 or 191 get smoothed.
Quote:
So far the best drivers I've found for me with Win 7 and games. It doesn't get as high of frames as 190.15, but it gets better average frames. Keepers till the 190's get sorted out.
Quote:
Fantastic driver, I was stutter free for most of the time in games which is something I hadnt see since the 182 drivers.
Quote:
Im back to these, had my first crash with the 186.56 drivers, so Im back to my favorites!
NVIDIA 186.39 for Windows 7 / vista 64bit:
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/top...jitsu-siemens/

Last edited by Pirate Neilsouth : Aug 19, 2009 at 12:41 PM.
Pirate Neilsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:12 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Your INF link doesnt work, but you can just click "INF" on the first link next to Download.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Thanks , removed it... Doesn't like direct linking
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:14 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well, bout to install them.
Currently using beta 190.38. Was too lazy to redownload and install the WHQL version.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Pirate Neilsouth

Work nicely in cod 5 and the new wolfenstein
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:59 PM   #6
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

yeah i wanted to link these, but they came out 2 says or so after 190.38 so i was lazy

they're very stable, no downclocking issues or anything like that.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:21 PM   #7
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I may have to give this driver a shot. The 186 WHQL is the best driver that I have used in a long while.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:29 AM   #8
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I may have to give this driver a shot. The 186 WHQL is the best driver that I have used in a long while.
I went back to the 186 WHQL after I saw that I could not force AA on the 190 WHQL in some UE3 games like Bioshock and Frontlines. I was also getting CTD's on lots of games.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:13 PM   #9
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I went back to the 186 WHQL after I saw that I could not force AA on the 190 WHQL in some UE3 games like Bioshock and Frontlines. I was also getting CTD's on lots of games.
Same exact reason that I am not using the 190 WHQL. I can't force AA in Mass Effect and Crysis. I also lost a few FPS in L4D and Fallout 3. No random CTDs that I can remember though.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:19 PM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I can't force AA in Mass Effect and Crysis.
Enough reason for me to go back.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:19 PM   #11
Pirate Neilsouth

I'm going back to these , love these drivers