Jul 22, 2009, 10:22 AM
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Join Date: Oct 2003
AMD Continues 40th Anniversary Celebration with Shipment of 500 Millionth x86 CPU
A portion of AMD's full press release is quoted below.
AMD giving four loyal fans the chance to win an AMD processor-based ultrathin notebook
SUNNYVALE, Calif --7/22/2009
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the shipment of its 500 millionth x86 processor, a milestone enabled by the company's 40 years of innovation. From the world's most powerful supercomputers to mission-critical enterprise servers, high-performance gaming PCs and HD-capable laptops, users have come to rely on the innovation, stability and power of AMD processors and platforms at work, home and play.
To reward the loyal customers who helped AMD reach this milestone, the company is giving back to its fans by offering the chance to win four HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks, based on AMD's pioneering platform for ultrathin notebooks. The details are as follows:
- Follow AMD on Twitter (@AMD_Unprocessed), where a new question will be posted every other Monday beginning July 27.
- Send AMD the answer via a direct message to AMD's twitter handle @AMD_Unprocessed.
- All eligible respondents will be entered into a drawing for an HP dv2z Notebook.
- AMD will give away four AMD processor-based HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks over eight weeks, so fans have ample opportunities to show off their extensive knowledge about the company.
- Full rules and details can be found at www.amd.com/40years.*
Last edited by Android1 : Jul 22, 2009 at 10:30 AM.