Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Closed Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default PC gaming is back!

With Bioshock and Orange Box out, I'm so excited with the plethora of games about to be released. I've got several demo's in queue to be downloaded!!

World In Conflict
UT3
Painkiller: Overdose
FEAR: Perseus Mandate
Hellgate
Call of Duty 4
Quake Wars

I don't know if I'll actually purchase all these games, but Crysis is defiantely on my Must Buy List. Can't wait for Crysis. I was going to skip on Quake Wars, but I may get it just because.

It's been a long year waiting for the goodies to come out. I've had to get a 360 last year to get my gaming fix. So far, my experience on that system has been medicore, with only a handful of good games for it. Now that PC gaming is back...
Old Oct 22, 2007, 08:48 AM   #2
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ummm, were'd it go?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 08:51 AM   #3
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

To next gen consoles. I had to resort to playing RTS games for the first time ever (CoH, C&C 3) over the last year. I didn't even finish them, but I plan to.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:05 AM   #4
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

but at the expense of them being consolised, we will probably see more PC title in the future now but again at the expense of them being 'dumbed down' in order to cater for the mindset and controls of a typical console player. Off the top of my head i can think of: CoD4, Hellgate, Jericho and UT4 that fall into this category.

I think The Witcher and Crysis maybe ones to look forward to. Will also be interesting to see how Gears of War turns out.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:07 AM   #5
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
To next gen consoles.
lol.

PC gaming has ALWAYS been better than console gaming in every aspect, and always will be.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:10 AM   #6
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

It never left
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:22 AM   #7
0m0sa
Radeon R200

0m0sa is still being judged by the masses

What is a Console??
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:24 AM   #8
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

tard, its when you hit the '~' key in a game for manual commands
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:09 AM   #9
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
tard, its when you hit the '~' key in a game for manual commands
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:24 AM   #10
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

you can scrap hellgate from the list and from the things i hear about painkiller, you can scrap that too. Furthermore CoD4 seems to be made with consoles in mind.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:24 AM   #11
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
With Bioshock and Orange Box out, I'm so excited with the plethora of games about to be released. I've got several demo's in queue to be downloaded!!

World In Conflict
UT3
Painkiller: Overdose
FEAR: Perseus Mandate
Hellgate
Call of Duty 4
Quake Wars

I don't know if I'll actually purchase all these games, but Crysis is defiantely on my Must Buy List. Can't wait for Crysis. I was going to skip on Quake Wars, but I may get it just because.

It's been a long year waiting for the goodies to come out. I've had to get a 360 last year to get my gaming fix. So far, my experience on that system has been medicore, with only a handful of good games for it. Now that PC gaming is back...

I'm much less excited as you. Most multi platform games, I play on 360. The games you listed, most of them suck. I did not like the Hell gate demo, quake wars was lame, FEAR PM is a weak attempt by the publisher to steal monoliths credit, WIC sucks, and Painkiller OD sucks.

The UT3 and COD4 demo were good, but not enough to make me scream joy. They just seem to be solid games.

Timeshift IMHO is overrated judging from the demo.

I have not bought Bioshock yet, but I'm not really that eagered to either.

I use to be into the hype on Crysis, but for some reason I'm not that much drawn into it anymore.

You guys will be surprised for me to tell you that the game that I keep comming back to is warcraft 3/dota. I also found Orange Box to be a great set of games. TF2 is good fun, and portal is like the best sex of your life for only 5 min.

The only games that I'm really really really looking forward to is Project Origin, and StarCraft 2.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:29 AM   #12
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

AMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeWing View Post
you can scrap hellgate from the list and from the things i hear about painkiller, you can scrap that too. Furthermore CoD4 seems to be made with consoles in mind.
Thats your opinion I actually enjoyed the Hellgate demo, If any demo made a game look like crap it would be Crysis.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:30 AM   #13
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

hence why I'm downloading all the demo's. Some of them I'm not sure about and seems to be lots of hype. But I'm excited because there's been a shortage of games to my liking over the last year. Especially something that would make my GPU sweat.

I'm was just in the hellgate thread. I forgot this was a subscription based game. FTL. Not alot of good things said about it. I'll play the demo, but not going to buy it.

I wanna try CoD4, I loved CoD2 so much. Not sure about the futuristic stuff though. Quake Wars/BF2142 for pete sake.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:44 AM   #14
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

My opinions on the lists:
  • I liked Quake Wars and WiC demos. The game-play in both are deep enough but still have plenty of action/
  • COD4 demo didn't wow me as it seemed like more of the same with dumbed down play mechanics. (What is with auto-regen on health?)
  • BioShock was neat but the lack of AA is annoying.
  • The Orange Box is a must own.
  • Timeshift was fun but linear. Multiplayer may be unique.
  • Don't forget about The Witcher too. That could turn out to be a nice RPG.

Regardless of everyone's opinions of these games, the large number of releases is impressive. Unless you play more that 40 hours a week, there are plenty of new, quality games to play. So, yes, PC gaming is doing great right now! (I wonder if some of the WOW addicts have even left their drug to try some new games lately?)
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:47 AM   #15
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Well I for one am really looking forward to this Christmas holiday's offerings! I'm just so pissed that I don't have easy access to any of the new games anymore...

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:58 AM   #16
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The consolization of many of these games have dampened my joy a fair bit for many of them.

Gears of War...pfffffftt...I have very little doubt that'll have the same illness.

Crysis is what I'm excited about but how long will that thrill last? <snif> It better have more than 6hrs of SP play.

TimeShift too is on my for sure buy list, outstanding demo.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:04 PM   #17
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
The consolization of many of these games have dampened my joy a fair bit for many of them.

Gears of War...pfffffftt...I have very little doubt that'll have the same illness.

Crysis is what I'm excited about but how long will that thrill last? <snif> It better have more than 6hrs of SP play.

TimeShift too is on my for sure buy list, outstanding demo.
Ahh its the Consolidation prophet! PC Gaming is dead, doom, gloom! Consoles suck! They are the death of gaming! DOom, DOOOM!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:04 PM   #18
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Even though many PC releases are multiplatform releases, at least PC gamers have something to play again! It's been a long time since the last bunch of decent action games.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:16 PM   #19
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Why the hell do we have to have threads that either start off as console v pc or end up that way , im deciding if i want to lock this one or not.. We get one atleast once a week

So it better not turn into a flame war
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:19 PM   #20
Dawg
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dawg is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Furthermore CoD4 seems to be made with consoles in mind.
I don't know, it plays like the original Call of Duty, which was a PC game. take it for what it is, it's not Operation Flashpoint.

Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:25 PM   #21
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
Why the hell do we have to have threads that either start off as console v pc or end up that way , im deciding if i want to lock this one or not.. We get one atleast once a week

Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
you wouldn't have gotten laid because you would have spent all night on various forums bitching about how the game let you down.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:51 PM   #22
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hate both types of fantards be it Console, or PC.

I have great fun on both platforms regardless of who made it or what demograph it was designed for.

I am currently playing Eternal Sonata a anime style JRPG on the 360 i love the game and it's never going to be on the PC like many JRPG's. Like RTS/FPS games are king on PC.

They both have their good and bad parts. Anyone who blindly swears alliegence to a product is in my opinion a retard. People who won't play games because graphics are not top notch are even bigger retards.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 01:10 PM   #23
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
you wouldn't have gotten laid because you would have spent all night on various forums bitching about how the game let you down.
LOL! so true...
Old Oct 22, 2007, 01:25 PM   #24
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
you can scrap hellgate from the list
I scrapped Hellgate from my "look forward to" list when I heard it was blackmailware - you pay the money to get advancements or you get stuck as the quintessentially poor n00b.

So far The Witcher sounds promising but I havn't heard much.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 02:07 PM   #25
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

It's really a catch-22. PC gamers don't like some of the compromises that are required to make games on a console. But, at the same time, a lot of games wouldn't even get made if there wasn't a console market to sell to. It is a little disappointing at times that games must be designed to work in the lowest common denomination of gamer and hardware. But, the sheer volume of new games tends to make up for it.

If you hate consolitis make sure you support the developers that build PC only games by giving them your money. You can do this and still enjoy some of the cross-platform games that come out as well. (Anyone remember KOTOR?)

Last edited by SD-[Inc] : Oct 22, 2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 02:24 PM   #26
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I guess this is what I get for getting excited about the number of hot (if only hyped) PC games about to come out.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 03:52 PM   #27
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
It never left

yoz
Old Oct 22, 2007, 03:52 PM   #28
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
F U ya scurvy pirate!

yoz
Old Oct 22, 2007, 04:11 PM   #29
Pirate Neilsouth

Old Oct 22, 2007, 04:12 PM   #30
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Some of the titles listed in the first post represent the death of PC Gaming.
Closed Thread