Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Nvidia Driver Release 163.67

Get em' Right HERE

Just installed them, will give them a try. Release notes mention Bioshock improvements, Crysis support, and memory fixes with high setting. Hopefully the Alt-Tab bug has been fixed.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 01:22 PM   #2
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo View Post
Get em' Right HERE

Just installed them, will give them a try. Release notes mention Bioshock improvements, Crysis support, and memory fixes with high setting. Hopefully the Alt-Tab bug has been fixed.
Which Alt-Tab bug? You mean the Alt-Tab fix? As in having to Alt-Tab for 320mb users to get their performance back?

Last edited by moshpit : Sep 10, 2007 at 01:29 PM.
moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 01:26 PM   #3
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
Which Alt-Tab bug? You mean the Alt-Tab fix? As in having to Alt-Tab for 320mb users to get their performance back.
Ive given these a try this morning. Not that I was having problems with Bioshock, it runs great otherwise.

My problem is with EQ2, and having two cards in my machine. These made no difference with this.

Anyway.. Seem good thus far otherwise. (just tried some BF2142 as well, and all is good there too.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2007, 01:49 PM   #4
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Get em' Right HERE

The bug was fixed in a microsoft update in vista. http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2177716,00.asp
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:03 PM   #5
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Gotta love nV! They already have a Crysis performance driver!

I hear these boost performance in Bioshock and MOH:A so I'll give them a try later on after I finish downloading the ET:QW demo.

PS: Gracias chamo for the link!
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:11 PM   #6
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I believe that's a completely diferent bug. The Microsoft fix lowers game memory usage, the problem I'm mentioning is caused by bad video card memory management from the drivers themselves. It's been confirmed by Nvidia, and yes, I meant the Alt+Tab fix, not bug
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:15 PM   #7
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Hey guys don't forget that if your running Vista Microsoft has 4 big hotfixes they put out for Geforce owners.

You can get them all from here. Microsoft Windows Vista Hotfixes

These should all be in the first service pack for vista.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:15 PM   #8
Cynicalking
who

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Gotta love nV! They already have a Crysis performance driver!

I hear these boost performance in Bioshock and MOH:A so I'll give them a try later on after I finish downloading the ET:QW demo.

PS: Gracias chamo for the link!
De nada my friend.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:16 PM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Vengie! Always nice to see you around man!
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:18 PM   #10
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Vengie! Always nice to see you around man!
I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:21 PM   #11
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
Dude, I'm glad you didn't leave us! We've lost sooo many good people in the last few months and I'm glad you're not one of them.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:38 PM   #12
Cynicalking
who

OC isn't working for me and a few others. tried Rivatuner and ATITool. Well, memory does overclock, but the core and the shaders don't.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 03:05 PM   #13
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
OC isn't working for me and a few others. tried Rivatuner and ATITool. Well, memory does overclock, but the core and the shaders don't.
No way! I'll try them later today and let you guys know.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 03:14 PM   #14
Cynicalking
who

Found this searching about the OC issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] Forums
Guys, I've got very good news for G80 owners. I've just examined overclocking interfaces of newly released 163.67 drivers and I was really pleased to see that NVIDIA finally added an ability of independent shader clock adjustment. As you probably know, with the past driver families the ForceWare automatically overclocked G80 shader domain synchronicallly with ROP domain using BIOS defined Shader/ROP clock ratio. Starting from 163.67 drivers internal ForceWare overclocking interfaces no longer scale shader domain clock when ROP clock is adjusted and the driver now provides completely independent shader clock adjustment interface. It means that starting from ForceWare 163.67 all overclocking tools like RivaTuner, nTune, PowerStrip or ATITool will adjust ROP clock only.
However, new revisions of these tools supporting new overclocking interfaces will probably allow you to adjust shader clock too. Now I've played with new interfaces and upcoming v2.04 will contain an experimental feature allowing power users to definie custom Shader/ROP ratio via the registry, so RT will clock shader domain together with ROP domain using user defined ratio.
And v2.05 will give you completely independent slider for adjusting shader clock independently of core clock.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 03:21 PM   #15
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Wow!!! Now what do we do with that??? Does that mean we should up the shader clocks more or up the ROP clocks more? Which will be more beneficial? I can certainly see scenarios where shader upclocking would make a big difference, and vice versa, ROP clocks for older games. Which way to go? Now I'm confused
Old Sep 10, 2007, 05:39 PM   #16
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Wow!!! Now what do we do with that??? Does that mean we should up the shader clocks more or up the ROP clocks more? Which will be more beneficial? I can certainly see scenarios where shader upclocking would make a big difference, and vice versa, ROP clocks for older games. Which way to go? Now I'm confused
It has been my experience that the shader clock (which is high enough already) seems to halt the overclocking potential of the G80s. I truly welcome this as now every G80 owner can custom tune their overclocks!
Old Sep 10, 2007, 08:48 PM   #17
ChrisRay
1983 - 2010

ChrisRay is still being judged by the masses

The shader processors will likely be more lenient to clock adjustments than the ROP processors. But when you dont overclock both your performance wont scale as linerarly. Either way you may be able to get more performance in certain titles by adjusting the ROPS rather than the shader processors. It's definately an interesting feature to mess with.

Chris

--

|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.2 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 08:53 PM   #18
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay View Post
It's definately an interesting feature to mess with.

Chris
I can't wait to mess with this. Too cool.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 09:06 PM   #19
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Get em' Right HERE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
You can get them all from here. Microsoft Windows Vista Hotfixes
and the new vista drivers for 650i sli motherboard: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32_15.08.html

I will try to install all these drivers over the weekend, this is just too many drivers for me at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:31 PM   #20
mdrnhl
load "*" ,8,1

mdrnhl is still being judged by the masses

Ouch....Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Beta crashes hard for me on start up, after loading these drivers (XP Pro 32bit, eVGA 8800 GTS 320mb Superclocked).

Will try and roll back and see if thats what was definitely doing it.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:45 PM   #21
mdrnhl
load "*" ,8,1

mdrnhl is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrnhl View Post
Ouch....Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Beta crashes hard for me on start up, after loading these drivers (XP Pro 32bit, eVGA 8800 GTS 320mb Superclocked).

Will try and roll back and see if thats what was definitely doing it.
Had to roll back to 163.44 to get it working again
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:18 PM   #22
mrHappy
Radeon R520

mrHappy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Which Alt-Tab bug? You mean the Alt-Tab fix? As in having to Alt-Tab for 320mb users to get their performance back?
Haven't tried the drivers myself, but from what I've read the texture eviction bug should be fixed in this version
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:37 PM   #23
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev/null View Post
Haven't tried the drivers myself, but from what I've read the texture eviction bug should be fixed in this version
!!!! Really? OMG, that would be SOOO cool! Do you remember where you read that? I don't have my 320mb anymore to test with, and I've never suffered it on my 640mb card, but I have quite a few friends on the 320mb card who this would be of GREAT interest to.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 02:57 PM   #24
mrHappy
Radeon R520

mrHappy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
!!!! Really? OMG, that would be SOOO cool! Do you remember where you read that? I don't have my 320mb anymore to test with, and I've never suffered it on my 640mb card, but I have quite a few friends on the 320mb card who this would be of GREAT interest to.
nVnews link
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:25 PM   #25
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev/null View Post
Ty, + reps
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:42 PM   #26
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Too late for me now. I ditched my 320MB'er quite a while ago, hehe. Glad to hear Nvidia finally figured out the problem (or likely were told what the problem was) and fixed it.

Not sure I'm going to touch these yet. I don't feel like screwing around with more overclock options and not being able to use ATITool right now for everything. The 163.44's are working just fine for me (no Bioshock performance issues either with everything maxed).
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz | Corsair H50 | ASRock P67 Pro3 | 4 x 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 (9-10-9-28) | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 7 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:11 PM   #27
TRD Supra
Olivia`WiLdE!

TRD Supra is still being judged by the masses

would these be good to try on my 7800GT?
Saitek Eclipse | My Games | Panasonic 37" TC-37LZ800

Gigabyte mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo
EVGA 7800GT
GSkill 4GB 2x2
DELL 19" LCD
Seagate 120GB
Pioneer DVD Burner
Logitech Elite
Windows 7 Pro

TRD Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:47 PM   #28
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Not sure I'm going to touch these yet. I don't feel like screwing around with more overclock options and not being able to use ATITool right now for everything. The 163.44's are working just fine for me (no Bioshock performance issues either with everything maxed).
I'll wait until Unwinder realeases a new RivaTuner with separate clocks support.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:48 PM   #29
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

They're working A-OK for me in XP right now, overclocking and all (using RT v2.03). Can't really tell any differences in anything though. I haven't tried them in Vista yet though cos that's where I heard the troubles are with these.

@TRD They're working fine on my machine that has a 7800gt in it. No change that I can see in performance or anything, but the only game that's been played on it since I installed them has been that free PoP game, and 3DMark06 where my score is virtually the same as it was with the 44's.

The new overclocking methods seem really cool, can't wait to see what Unwinder does with the next version of RT. Oh and great news about the alt-tab bug/fix, that'll make ALOT of 8800 owners happy.
Jokerzwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 01:55 AM   #30
TRD Supra
Olivia`WiLdE!

TRD Supra is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzwild View Post
They're working A-OK for me in XP right now, overclocking and all (using RT v2.03). Can't really tell any differences in anything though. I haven't tried them in Vista yet though cos that's where I heard the troubles are with these.

@TRD They're working fine on my machine that has a 7800gt in it. No change that I can see in performance or anything, but the only game that's been played on it since I installed them has been that free PoP game, and 3DMark06 where my score is virtually the same as it was with the 44's.

The new overclocking methods seem really cool, can't wait to see what Unwinder does with the next version of RT. Oh and great news about the alt-tab bug/fix, that'll make ALOT of 8800 owners happy.
so your 7800GT on XP, so are the drivers having trouble in vista with a 7800GT?
Saitek Eclipse | My Games | Panasonic 37" TC-37LZ800

Gigabyte mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo
EVGA 7800GT
GSkill 4GB 2x2
DELL 19" LCD
Seagate 120GB
Pioneer DVD Burner
Logitech Elite
Windows 7 Pro

TRD Supra is offline   Reply With Quote