Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"

Old Nov 4, 2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwards

Default Motorola granted injunction in Germany against Apple for patent infringement

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/04/g...fringement-of/

Quote:
Motorola just confirmed that earlier today, the Mannheim District Court in Germany granted an injunction against Apple for patent infringement. In addition to the confirmation, Motorola also issued the following, rather unrevealing statement:

"As media and mobility continue to converge, Motorola Mobility's patented technologies are increasingly important for innovation within the wireless and communications industries, for which Motorola Mobility has developed an industry leading intellectual property portfolio. We will continue to assert ourselves in the protection of these assets, while also ensuring that our technologies are widely available to end-users. We hope that we are able to resolve this matter, so we can focus on creating great innovations that benefit the industry."
The ruling comes as a role reversal of sorts for Apple, which most recently received a pair of injunctions in Germany, banning the sale of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in that country, along with the rather embarrassing removal of the Tab 7.7 from the show floor at IFA. We're told that today's ruling may ban Apple from selling mobile devices in Germany that violate Motorola patents covering wireless/network structure, though it doesn't appear to reference a certain smartphone or tablet. Additionally, Apple may have to pay damages to Motorola dating back to 2010. And the saga continues... Dust off the pocket translator and hit up the source link for the full ruling in German
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 07:51 PM   #2
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete stranger

As stupid as these patent wars are. Good to see apple take one in the stomach.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:03 PM   #3
vitocorleone
Rage3D Veteran

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

I thought Apple invented mobile phones and everyone else copied them and stole their ideas?
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:03 PM   #4
DivotMaker
Rage3D Veteran

DivotMaker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone View Post
I thought Apple invented mobile phones and everyone else copied them and stole their ideas?
Troll Apple threads much?
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker View Post
Troll Apple threads much?
Overly sensitive much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 08:25 AM   #6
DivotMaker
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Overly sensitive much?
LOL, hardly, but it never fails that ANY thread with the Apple/iPhone name in the title or even referring to Apple/iPhone we see the same tired OFF TOPIC comments from the same user....if you aren't going to add to the discussion with something new or constructive, why bother? All that kind of posting does is add unnecessary garbage to each thread that you have to filter.

Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:57 AM   #7
DivotMaker
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Tit for tat....if Apple is big enough to go after others, then they should be big enough to take it when it comes back on them...."you reap what you sow" in many of these kinds of cases....