Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

"

Old Dec 17, 2008, 06:32 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
x-voodoo
Radeon HD 6970

x-voodoo is still being judged by the masses

Default XP Memory Dump files

My PC rebooted itself just out of the blue. The only things I was doing was browsing the web while running a virus scan (a quad core should be able to handle much more than that!)

It didn't give me any "system recovered from a serious error" messages, but it did create a minidump file. How can I read the file so I can maybe find out why the PC rebooted out of the blue?

My system is a Q9400 running at stock speeds, 4GB RAM (3.25GB reported), Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Radeon 1GB, etc.

I am posting in the OS forum because the dump file seems more OS related than hardware. Sorry if this is the wrong forum!
x-voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 06:42 AM   #2
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird singscaveman-jim knows why the caged bird sings

caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote