Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:51 PM   #3487
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Dude there hasn't been a game I haven't seen you complain about to the ground.
Rage, Payday, Deus Ex, The Witcher 2, and even Limbo just to name a few. I just know mediocre, entirely forgettable games when I play 'em and believe me: Battlefield 3's SP campaign fits that bill. It tries too hard to be Call of Duty, has way too many QTEs, the level design is too linear, and you only get to drive one vehicle - a tank - throughout the entire thing. I was constantly asking myself what I was playing because it certainly wasn't Battlefield. I'm just disappointed DICE sold out and decided to cater to the Call of Duty crowd. I'd much rather have practice mode in single-player to improve my shooting, driving, and flying skills. Developers seriously have to pull their heads out of their asses and start working on improving the formula for campaigns because the on-rails, respawning enemies crap isn't cutting it for me anymore.