Thread: Eyefinity FAQ
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2010, 09:18 PM   #5
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

FINALLY!!!!

Yes! I finally got a stable working Eyefinity setup a few hours ago. I guess it's been a total of 3 hours now and have not had even the first flicker/blank screen.

Here's how it came about:

I saw that Office Depot had another ViewSonic VX2433wm LCD just like the two I recently got. The first two I was able to get on sale for $199.99 USD plus tax. The one at Office Depot today was the last one they had on hand and was their display model. I was able to get it for $179.99 USD plus tax.

Then followed a trip up to Fry's to pick up a passive DP -> VGA adapter. The model I got is a Monster-brand. It cost $49.99 USD plus tax. This is considerably less than these "iffy" model active adapters like the one I had to take back for a refund.

Once I got home, it was less than 5 minutes to having Eyefinity up and running. Since all three LCDs are the exact same model, the image color consistency is excellent! AND, the Bezel Compensation works without a hitch. I had to spend more time simply getting all three monitors leveled up because the mounts aren't exactly consistent.

So far, these game and a benchmark are working just fine:

1. Dragon Age: Origins
2. Star Trek Online
3. Heaven 2.0 Benchmark

I'm having problems with Far Cry 2 for some reason. It doesn't want to "see" the Eyefinity resolution like it was doing before. I had no trouble previously, but now it just puts the game in 3 instances on the three monitors and the game is 'squished' toward the middle.

Would like some suggestions on what needs to be done to fix this, please.

~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)