View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:32 AM   #52
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Nah, I first started off with Tylenol cold and Sinus, tried Advil cold and Sinus, then Reactine Allergy and Sinus. Because they thought it was a sinus infection.

I then move on to Tylenol 4, but that had no effect and couldn't even knock me out.

I'm now on Torredal??? I think that's what its called and it does sweet **** all.

I have a high tolerence for pain and pain meds, I am up to 3 sleeping pills now recommended by my doctor and that has no effect on me, doesn't even make me drowsy.

I'd rather deal with the periodic sharp pains rather then the slow constant burn I'm having now.
Take it easy on the sleeping pills. I know this will sound dumb, but my sleep schedule is moved around CONSTANTLY (because military) and I have a hard time shifting my sleep schedule to a new one. Sleeping pills work, but they're awful for you. I've taken a sleeping pill and woken up to pee with basically brown piss; that's no bueno.

I've noticed it's a lot about environment. In order for me to fall asleep, even on melatonin or sleeping pills, I need to have no lights on, no distractions (tv, PC, etc) and definitely no phone. I need silence. I've tried earplugs, but they're kind of uncomfortable since I'm a side-sleeper.

I also use a herbal tea that is vitamin packed. It's called Sleepy Time Tea. I would try that as well. It doesn't have melatonin in it, but what I'll do is take 2 5mg Melatonin while the water is getting to a boil, and then drink my tea while I finish the last episode of my show or whatever game I'm playing, and then hop in bed once I'm done with my tea. It helps relax the body and it's also really healthy for you. I could go find the brand name and everything if you're interested. I know you're suffering from pain and that's why it may be hard to sleep, but sometimes more natural alternatives can work, and if the pills are barely working (if you're taking 3, then that's not only not healthy but they also aren't working) then might be worth trying something else.

Melatonin pills are natural as it's a substance that's already in your body.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote