View Single Post
Old May 17, 2006, 10:51 PM   #9
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit
Depends. Your 7900GT should handle either the distance landscape improved textures with improved normal maps and HDR, or the close in improved landscape textures with HDR and be able to play most of the time at 1280x1024 with 16x AF. But don't try to use both the improved distance and the improved close in together with HDR unless you fancy 800x600 for smooth gameplay. Your improved clock speeds and extra 4 pipes should allow you to not have to do like I do and drop to 1024x768 during large scale battles with alot of NPCs on screen if you stick to the above advice.
I don't mind the up close textures, just the distance ones. Nor do I really have a problem with their normal maps. But the original distance textures are quite ugly, so I will definitely use upgraded ones then if the performance will be ok.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote