View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:14 PM   #2040
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Here are some new shots from Stalker Anomaly with Defiant Ducky's HD model packs. It's not a shiny new AAA title but it looks dam good for a 12 year old game. It's got some pretty heavy requirements to max it out at 4K though. I'm seeing 10GB of system RAM and 8GB of VRAM in usage with up to 90% utilization on both of my 1080TI's just to maintain 60FPS. The game is still primarily single threaded so expect CPU limitations as well. Using an AVX enabled DX11 path at 5Ghz helps.

In case you didn't know. Anomaly is a 64Bit upgraded version of the engine that combines all 3 stalker games plus a handful of custom maps into one large world with it's own unique storyline that takes place after the original stalker games. It's free and doesn't require that you own or have the original games installed. I would highly recommend installing separate HD model packs onto Anomaly until the anomaly team makes it's own HD models which is rumored.

Anomaly has new shaders, HD textures, lighting, skys, guns, models, special effects like fog and dust particles, Misery survival elements and with expanded crafting system and new vegetation. It's pretty much fully upgraded if you use the model packs. The game offers a new story mode as well as an RTS like faction wars game mode. This version of the game has one of the most realistic looking lighting and god ray effects I have seen in a game. Here is a demonstration of the new water shaders used on the new gas mask overlays. https://streamable.com/a13xo

Last edited by the_sextein : Sep 1, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote