View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2018, 07:34 PM   #18
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
That goes back to my initial premise/questions on *if* there will still be a normal front engine mount Vette and this would be a special version, or if this would be the standard platform....

If it's the former, it would be those customers who currently buy the ZR1. If it's the latter, we'll have to see the price of this thing...
My buddies have been ribbing me about this new mid engine thing for a long time now. I kept saying for a while it only made sense to do it if they kept the front engine layout and ran it in tandem with this mid engine platform. Either as two separate types of Vettes, or the mid engine thing is a Vette halo or Cadillac halo car. I guess we'll see what happens, but I really can't see the price being less than $90,000 at the very least if it's mid engine only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
But many times with a completely new design doesn't unforeseen flaws usually crop up in the first production year?
That's always been a common theme with a lot of cars even with normal redesigns, rather than something this big. Vette's have had problems with even slight redesigns over the years. They've had engine problems with the C5, C6, and, C7's.