View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:57 PM   #18
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I picked up a cable off monoprice so I'm ready when I do end up getting a TV and gpu to support this. Most likely, will end up getting the TV first and wait until I can get a GPU that supports HDMI 2.1 and not just VRR over 2.0.

For people who are concerned about the burn-in factor, which is improved but still possible, the TCL 8 series with mini LED may be a good alternative. Not sure if it supports HDMI 2.1 though.
Quote:
The company is not ready to transition to HDMI 2.1 yet.
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1565874061

only LG has full HDMI 2.1 this year as far is I know
maybe one 8k Samsung

I think next year for a new HDMI 2.1 screen and a 3080 ti maybe a AMD card also

they should all have VRR next year and both NV and AMD should work with it by then
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote