View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2019, 07:23 PM   #17
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
So not too bad if playing co-op but solo sounds like it's still frustratingly difficult, meh. I'll just wait for a sale and pick it up for $20 or so.
I dunno... I'm the worst at difficult games and have uninstalled more Souls-like games than I've beaten, but I've got 18 hours into this and have managed to beat off some pretty challenging bosses (some have taken 30 minutes or more to perfect, but I've beaten them... ALL solo). Plus if you're really having trouble you can just open your game to the public and let peeps join you just for the boss (I haven't done this yet but I'm sure it's possible).

Here is a video of me fighting The Unclean One. Took me a long time and lots of frustration, but once I got him in this round it felt amazing. I guess that's what really makes souls games popular is beating the bosses the first time.

Edit: I forgot to mention that difficulty can be balanced equipment and mods that best suit your playstyle or the boss. One reason the clip below is memorable for me is that I had been wearing a heavier armor set for a while up to that point and was struggling. Switched to a lighter set that allowed me to dodge more frequently, and changed my gun mods a few times until they were just right.

Last edited by Jet Black : Aug 30, 2019 at 07:51 PM.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote