Thread: Destiny 2
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:01 AM   #95
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Seems the game is heavily multithreaded

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tp...a-test-gpu-cpu

8 core optimized games are here folks
Seems like the game has issues with ryzen though.

Quote:
Starting comparative benchmarks with 1080p and Highest settings, the Intel i7-7700K chart-tops at 171FPS AVG, which is bumping against the 200FPS frame cap that’s enabled by default. This means that frametime latencies faster than 5ms will be capped to 5ms, and so will drag down the average below what could be possible. The next CPU in line is the i5-7600K stock CPU, performing at 157FPS AVG, 104 FPS 1% lows, and 87FPS 0.1% lows. This is trailed next by the i3-7350K at 131FPS AVG, with lows at 88 1% and 79FPS 0.1%. Our overclocked R7 1700 – effectively a stand-in for the 1700X and 1800X as well, since they all can achieve similar clocks – performs at 126FPS AVG at 3.9GHz. This plants the 3.9GHz R7 CPU a few FPS behind the i3 CPU. Part of this performance deficit is due to Destiny 2’s failure to acknowledge all the threads, as only the physical cores are engaging properly. We know that this isn’t the performance people want to see out of an R7, but remember that Destiny 2 is having trouble with SMT and other issues in its beta. Our confidence isn’t strong enough right now to state with authority that these results are representative of all configurations and scenarios, as the game is still developing and clearly has some issues.

Down the line, the R5 1600X performs about 2.7% behind the overclocked R7 1700. Keep in mind that, as far as Bungie is concerned, the 1600X is a 6-thread CPU and the 1700 is an 8-thread CPU, so the actual advantages of the 1700 are not reflected here. We’re looking at a 200MHz clock difference that manifests in a 2.7% boost. Both the 1600X and stock 1700 boost to 3.7GHz, making them effectively equal to Bungie’s eyes, and planting the two within variance of one another. The 1600X and 1700 are effectively equal in this game.

Intel’s G4560, meanwhile, performs at 110FPS AVG, with lows at 73 and 65 0.1%. Frametimes so far are reasonable across the board. The next closest Intel part is the 7350K, presently $70 more than the G4560 in the US, which is 19% faster than the G4560.

The R5 1400 and R3 1200 round-out the low-end of the pack, both near 94FPS AVG.
http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-benc...sting-research
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote