View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:47 PM   #12
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I am pretty sure the 2020s model (iphone) will have 5G support. This is primarily the reason they settled with Qualcom (~5 Billion US$ to Qualcom from apple) as Intel was not in a position to provide them with a 5G modem solution this year, which eventually led to Intel exiting the mobile modem business.

The word is that they're now interested in procuring Intel's modem business to develop their own 5G + future modems, but for this year its goingt to be Qualcom.

This year seems unlikely unless apple engineers can really up their game and include a 5G solution into what is probably already a finalized design (based on Intel 4G solution).
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote