View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2019, 03:05 PM   #4
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

This is what a poster at techreport said.."Wattman's new temperature vs. speed plot does not work correctly with my Radeon RX Vega64. The fan speed stair-steps between the higher and lower speeds at each set point. There is no proportional fan speed change between points on the plot, regardless of the slope displayed."

This is exactly what I experienced with the first release where the fans would go from normal speed to maximum and then back again repeatedly despite changing the fan curve which was very annoying and why I switched back to an older driver to get fan control back. Do these new drivers still have that fan curve as default?

People are also reporting that target temperature control has disappeared with this release, is that true?
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote