View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2020, 09:10 AM   #498
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I know. I had an old LG soundbar hooked up to it as a temporary solution, but it's been in boxes for years and moved a lot. So while it would connect and work, the wireless connection to the subwoofer kept dropping out randomly and the HDMI ARC connection would require rebooting the soundbar a third of the time to get it to recognize and connect. I just got tired of fussing with it and abandoned that soundbar setup.

I've only had this TV for about a week now, so it's not like this is a permanent setup. It's still a work-in-progress. Right now I've been using headsets for the Xbox and the PS4.

For a new sound setup I'm open to hearing thoughts or recommendations. I wouldn't want to have to justify spending more than $1k on something.

I'm not sure yet. I'm planning on keeping the space under the TV open. I want to get a beanbag chair or something that would just live under the TV when not in use.

The space in the room isn't huge. Half of the area is taken up by home office desks and setup. Specifically for this area, we're talking about a space from the viewing position on the couch to the TV of 9ft by roughly 7ft wide. So even a small, modest solution would have a pretty big impact.
Makes sense - my gaming/PC area is a small attic room with a kneewall, so with desks and setup space is at a premium, if I want it to look decent anyway.