View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2020, 08:53 AM   #497
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
thats sacrilege

even a cheap home theatre in a box would be better, what can you afford to spend on it?
I know. I had an old LG soundbar hooked up to it as a temporary solution, but it's been in boxes for years and moved a lot. So while it would connect and work, the wireless connection to the subwoofer kept dropping out randomly and the HDMI ARC connection would require rebooting the soundbar a third of the time to get it to recognize and connect. I just got tired of fussing with it and abandoned that soundbar setup.

I've only had this TV for about a week now, so it's not like this is a permanent setup. It's still a work-in-progress. Right now I've been using headsets for the Xbox and the PS4.

For a new sound setup I'm open to hearing thoughts or recommendations. I wouldn't want to have to justify spending more than $1k on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I do like how you wall mounted/hid all the gear

Will you be wall mounting whatever sound system you go with as well?
I'm not sure yet. I'm planning on keeping the space under the TV open. I want to get a beanbag chair or something that would just live under the TV when not in use.

The space in the room isn't huge. Half of the area is taken up by home office desks and setup. Specifically for this area, we're talking about a space from the viewing position on the couch to the TV of 9ft by roughly 7ft wide. So even a small, modest solution would have a pretty big impact.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote