View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2018, 05:54 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voodoo View Post
According to this list, it seems that the Core series and later are affected (starting with the 45mm i series).
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60411...own/index.html

My desktop has the i7 6700K on the MSI Gaming M3 Z170a motherboard which I am expecting a firmware update. However, my laptop is 5 years old running an i5 3317u and is no longer getting driver and bios updates. Also my old system is a Q9400 (did not see any Core 2 cpus on the list).

Does this mean the Core 2 Duo and Quad are OK or are they also affected and will not get the patch?

I guess this means my laptop and old desktop are just as unsafe as running a desktop with Windows XP?

I have a feeling that this vulnerabilities will push people to upgrade from sandy bridge, ivy , haswell ... I find it improbable that mainboard manufacturers will release bioses for sandy bridge for example.People will they say they will upgrade and at least they will get bios support.