View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber
Default Having problems with a driver installation? Why don't you try this first...

Just to add to the general conversation, since I think it has merit: it's funny how relevant all those "do a proper uninstall" threads we have since the dawn of time really are... i've had hard resets lately on one of my PCs whenever I played games. For no particular reason. Nothing in the Windows 7 event viewer, no sign of any error, nothing. I had 10.4 still on. So I upgrade to 10.6, same thing. Yesterday, I dig up DriverCleaner (excellent program, go here to get it, well worth the money: http://www.drivercleaner.net/), uninstalled everything via the Catalyst Installer, immediately followed by a DC pass cleaning up everything ATI-related, and then, after I rebooted, installed 10.7. Fixed it right up.

Do a proper uninstall once in a while. Does wonders