* Fixed *.RTP / *.RTR / *.RTS files shell integration under Windows XP x64 edition.
* Fake DDR detection algorithm is no longer forced by default on GeForce 7800 series.
* Fixed NV44A detection.
* Added ForceWare 81.xx and 82.xx driver families support.
* Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare driver families. Added databases for ForceWare 81.26, 81.33, 81.82, 81.84, 81.87, 81.94, 81.95 and 82.10 drivers.
* Added Catalyst 5.10 and 5.11 drivers detection.
* Updated Catalyst 5.10 and 5.11 certified SoftR9x00 patch script (32-bit versions only).
* Updated PCI DeviceID database for both ATI and NVIDIA graphics processors.
* Added support for mainboards with more than 8 physically addressable PCI-compatible slots (e.g. ASUS P5WD2 with some old BIOS revisions).
* Revised registry access layer code:
o HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry root can be accessed via IO driver now.
o The list of keys with driver restricted access is no longer hardcoded to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Unwinder\RivaTuner and can be redefined via the configuration file.
* Improved low-level refresh overrider module. Added injection based refresh override mode. Opposing to the previously available refresh override modes performing refresh override after actual display mode change, new refresh override mode allows RivaTuner to intercept any attempts of display mode change and override target refresh rate without allowing OS to set requested refresh. This results in improving compatibility with some display mode change sensitive applications.
* Added X1800 / X1600 / X1300 series support. Now all RivaTuner's low-level features including overclocking, low-level diagnostics, monitoring and gamma correction are available on newest ATI graphics processors. Thanks to Peter Yeung @ HIS for providing X1800XL sample for testing. Please refer to 'Known issues' section to get more details on RADEON X1000 family support.
* Improved GeForce 7800 series support. This versions introduces a lot of new GeForce 7800GT/TX specific features, including new low-level tuning options, driver-level Direct3D/OpenGL tuning options, improved low-level hardware diagnostics and monitoring improvements. Thanks to Andrew Worobiew and AIC willing to remain anonymous for providing GeForce 7800GTX sample.
* Improved low-level fan control module:
o Low-level fan control tab is no longer exclusively available on LM63 capable display adapters. Now low-level fan control is also available on display adapters equipped with F76363S (some HIS RADEON X800 series), LM64 (RADEON X1800 series) and ADT7473 (GeForce 7800GTX series).
o It is no longer assumed that automatic fan speed control mode is enabled by default. Now fan control module saves state of fan controller during enabling fan control and reverts settings to this state after pressing "Defaults" button or disabling low-level fan control.
o Added low-level fan profiles. Combining with RivaTuner's flexible monitoring thresholds programming technique, low-level fan profiles allow you to implement many useful dynamic fan control techniques (e.g. independent 2D/3D fan speeds).
* Improved driver-level fan control module:
o Added driver-level fan profiles. Combining with RivaTuner's flexible monitoring thresholds programming technique, driver-level fan profiles allow you to implement many useful dynamic fan control techniques (e.g. temperature controlled fan speeds, even if your display adapter is not equipped with temperature based fan speed controller).
o Added "Defaults" button for resetting driver-level 2D / LowPower3D / 3D fan speeds to defaults defined in VGA BIOS.
* Improved driver-level overclocking module:
o Added driver-level overclocking profiles. Combining with RivaTuner's flexible monitoring thresholds programming technique, driver-level overclocking profiles allow you to alter ForceWare's 2D/3D clock frequency profiling system and implement alternate overclocking techniques (e.g. implement 2D/3D memory clock frequency separation, temperature based overclocking etc.).
* Improved Direct3D / OpenGL tuning options for ForceWare drivers:
o Direct3D Quality / Performance texture filtering preferences have been moved from Direct3D tab to new separated Direct3D Intellisample tab.
o Added Direct3D negative LOD bias clamping option.
o Added option for forcing tripple buffering in OpenGL.
o Added options for controlling anisotropic / trilinear filtering optimizations to both Direct3D and OpenGL Intellisample tabs.
o Added transparent antialiasing controls for GeForce 7800 series.
* Improved profile manager for the ForceWare's own application profiling engine:
o Added ability of editing profiles containing more than 32 characters.
o Added ability of associating color scheme with a profile via driver-level color adjustment tab.
* Regular launcher item editor UI has been changed slightly to accommodate newly introduced fan / overclocking profiles association. Now you may associate low-level / driver-level fan profile or driver-level overclocking profile with a launcher item and apply desired settings during application runtime only, as well as create items for quick activating desired profile.
* Improved built-in registry editor. Added an ability of viewing / editing variable size binary values.
* Improved hardware monitoring plugins engine:
o Added hardware monitoring plugin activation wizard. Now each plugin contains configuration file with a database of display adapters, which can retrieve useful information via this plugin. During the first hardware monitoring module activation, the wizard will check the list of currently active plugins and automatically prompt you to enable all inactive the plugins, which can provide useful information specific to your hardware configuration.
o All the sources provided by a plugin are automatically enabled now after activating the plugin module.
o Drastically reduced CPU overhead during plugin API functions calls due to global precached hardware access layer object usage instead of dynamically created hardware access layer objects in the previous version.
o Native LM63 / F75373S support has been removed from RivaTuner's core. Now it is fully suppressed with the corresponding open source plugin modules included in distributive.
* Improved hardware monitoring plugins API:
o Added functions for R/O access to display adapter's VGA BIOS.
* Improved hotkey manager. Added optional hotkey handler emulation mode via low-level keyboard hooks.
* Added /M command line switch for setting marker at the current position on hardware monitoring graphs. This feature allows you to mark some critical moments in the log (e.g. the moment of rendering artifacts appearance for subsequent thermal statistics analysis).
* Updated IO driver. Added timeouts for I2C transaction completion wait loops to IOCTLs for ATI I2C access.
* Updated NVStrap driver v1.10:
o Added NV42 GPU support.
* Updated RivaTunerStatisticsServer v1.4.0 bundled utility:
o The server's properties window is created in inactive state now to prevent the server from stealing input focus from certain 3D applications during the server's startup. This feature is useful when the server's launch is bound to a hotkey and it ensures that the server's runtime load will not cause 3D application minimization due to loss of input focus.
o Now the server is automatically injected in foreground application during startup.
o Added option for OSD coordinate space selection. By default the server uses 3D application's rendering viewport coordinate space. However certain applications (e.g. Codename Panzers: Phase II) can use multiple viewports during frame rendering. In this case OSD coordinate space origin will be located in the top-left corner f the last viewport, defined during frame rendering, which may not match with top-left corner of screen. In this case you may use new option to force different OSD coordinate space usage.
o Added benchmark statistics recording ability. Please refer to FAQ to get details on benchmark statistics recording features. Now the server allows client applications to initiate framerate statistics recording either via command line or via shared memory and to stop statistics and flush it to file per client's request at desired moment of time. The statistics can be optionally displayed in the server's OSD, and it includes:
+ Total benchmarking time and total amount of rendered frames.
+ Global average framerate (total amount of rendered frames divided by total benchmarking time).
+ Minimum instantaneous framerate (instantaneous framerate is measured once per second, minimum value is recorded).
+ Average instantaneous framerate (instantaneous framerate is measured once per second, then all the measurements are averaged).
+ Maximum instantaneous framerate (instantaneous framerate is measured once per second, minimum value is recorded).
* Improved low-level hardware monitoring module:
o Added 'Reference fan duty cycle' graph for NV41, NV43 and NV47 GPUs.
o Improved hardware monitoring threshold engine:
+ Added ability of associating launcher items with threshold upward / downward crossing events. This feature allows you to associate desired event (e.g. critical temperature threshold crossing in upward direction) with any combination of profiles available in RivaTuner (e.g. boost fan speed to maximum with fan profile and downclock display adapter via overclocking profile).
+ Added ability of defining custom color for each threshold on the graph.
o Added multiple tray icons mode for monitoring data sources displayed in tray icon. Now the sources' 'Show .. in tray icon' options are no longer mutually exclusive and multiple data sources may be simultaneously displayed in tray icons. Take a note that you may also activate previously available single tray icon mode using DisableMultipleTrayIconMode registry entry.
o Now you can click a source's tray icon to get quick access to the corresponding monitoring data source's properties. Please take a note that this feature is available only in multiple tray icons mode.
o Tray icon text color customization option is no longer power user oriented and is now available in the source's propertied dialog.
o Updated ADT7473.dll plugin
+ Added 'Fan duty cycle' data source, allowing you to see target temperature controlled fan speed, programmed by fan controller.
+ Added fan stop case detection for 'Fan speed' data source.
o Updated VidMem.dll plugin:
+ Added 'Non-local videomemory usage' data source.
+ Added 'Videomemory usage' data source. Please take a note that there is a bug in NVIDIA drivers, causing improper total videomemory usage reporting. To workaround this problem, the plugin provides two 'Videomemory usage' implementations: native and NVIDIA specific. Please ensure that you use NVIDIA specific videomemory usage provider, if you experience problems with inconsistent total videomemory usage reporting on NVIDIA display adapters.
o Updated W83L785R.dll plugin:
+ Added F75373S-styled user extendable voltage calibration database.
+ Added 'Fan speed' data source.
o Added LM63.dll plugin, supporting LM63 and clone devices (F75363S and LM64). The plugin provides 'Core temperature', 'Ambient temperature', 'Fan duty cycle' and 'Fan speed' data sources. Please take a note that 'Fan speed' data source is only available if the fan's tachometer output is physically connected to the sensor's tachometer input (e.g. RADEON X1800 series).
o Added VT1103.dll plugin for reading diagnostic information from Volterra VT1103 voltage (used on ATI RADEON X1800 series). The plugin provides 'Voltage regulator output' (target output voltage defined by voltage regulator's VID pins), 'Voltage regulator temperature' and 'Voltage regulator current' data sources. Please take a note that there are no public VT1103 datasheets available, and VT1103 VID mapping table used by ATI's own voltage control tools seem to be off at least by -0.025V according to real voltage measurements, that is why it is recommended to apply -0.025V offset to this data source to get more consistent voltage regulator output readings.
o Added NVThermalDiode plugin. This plugin provides 'Core temperature' data source on the systems with on-die thermal diode capable GPUs (NV43, NV44 and NV47). Now GeForce 6600 owners no longer need to patch VGA BIOS for thermal monitoring unlocking, the plugin is able to retrieve temperature from on-die thermal diode even on locked VGA BIOS.
* Improved graphics subsystem diagnostic report module:
o Revised diagnostic report text format. Please take due to these changes you cannot directly compare this version's diagnostic reports with reports captured using the previous versions of RivaTuner.
o Added "Core VID" graph for NV41 and NV47 GPUs.
o Added NV47 specific VID interpretators to the database.
o Added thermal table dumping ability for BIT based NVIDIA VGA BIOSes. Now RivaTuner is able to display thermal compensation (sensor specific delta between temperature reported by sensor and approximated core temperature), on-die thermal diode calibration parameters (thermal diode offset and thermal diode gain) and core / ambient thermal thresholds.
o Added ability of defining GPU family specific register dumps. This feature was added special for ATI R5xxx family diagnostics, and it allows using different registers sets or different naming schemes of the same registers depending on GPU family. Please take a note that currently the names of R5xxx specific registers are encoded in RivaTuner's diagnostic reports to R5xxx support cloning. Due to the same cloning protection reason all R5xxx related hardware access code in RivaTuner is watermarked with dummy GPU registers reads/writes.
o Added ability of adding memory controller's indexed registers to the list of dumped registers on ATI hardware.
o Added BIOS based videomemory typed detection to 'ATI VGA BIOS information' diagnostic report category.
* Updated SDK:
o Added LM63.dll plugin source code.
o Added VT1103.dll plugin source code. This plugin demonstrates access to VT1103 voltage regulator used on RADEON X1800 series.
o Added NVThermalDiode.dll plugin source code. This plugin demonstrates access to on-die thermal diode of the latest NVIDIA GPUs. Additionally, the plugin demonstrates usage of newly introduced VGA BIOS and GPU registers access functions.
* Updated easter eggs:
o Added command line based access to memory controller's indexed registers on ATI hardware.
o Added prolog/epilog hardware initialization scripts processor for daemon routines applying driver-level / low-level overclocking and low-level fan setting at windows startup. The scripts allow power users to extend standard overclocking / fan control features with some danger features, which are not available in GUI due to safety reasons (e.g. timings / voltage control).
* FAQ updated.
* Minor UI changes and improvements.