View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2006, 07:30 PM   #6
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc64 View Post
It looks like I'm going to need to buy a battery charger and some rechargeable AAs before long. I've had my console for less than 3 weeks and already I'm in the red with the included batteries.

This is one of the main reasons I'm opposed to wireless technology. I mean, at least with the Xbox 360 and PS3, you have the option of playing wired if you want. And both of those systems have official rechargeable batteries available. But anyways...

Is there anything in particular to look for when looking into rechargeable batteries? Is there a particularly brand that outperforms others? What about chargers... should I spend the extra $10 and get the "15 minute" chargers, or are those not all they're cracked up to be?
The highest performing NiMh batteris are the Sanyo Industrial grade 2700mAh AAs...they charge to 3000mAh+ in some cases.

Quick chargers aren't the way to go...high charge current equals lots of heat and deteriorated battery performance.

I'd go with a quality charger like the La Crosse BC-900 charger that has so many features (like refreshing old batteries, LCD readout for voltage, capacity, etc.)

Look for the batteries and charger I listed at http://www.thomas-distributing.com/index.htm
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote